over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nine prohibited stimulants found in sports and weight loss supplements

MR. BMJ

Kilo Klub Member / Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer

Weight loss and sports supplements listing deterenol as an ingredient contained 9 prohibited stimulants and 8 different mixtures of stimulants, with as many as 4 experimental stimulants per product. These cocktails of stimulants have never been tested in humans and their safety is unknown.

Be sure to click and pull up Table 1. Not surprising about ALR....wtf:rolleyes:.

Conclusions​

In a study of dietary supplements available for sale in the US, we found 9 prohibited stimulants formulated into 8 different combinations – none of which have been studied in humans. We detected two stimulants for which the FDA has not issued warnings to manufacturers or consumers: deterenol, a beta-agonist with potentially serious adverse effects when consumed orally in humans, and phenpromethamine which was marketed as a pharmaceutical stimulant in the Vonedrine nasal inhaler in the 1940s and 1950s. Neither deterenol nor phenpromethamine have been approved for oral use in the US or elsewhere. In addition to deterenol and phenpromethamine, 7 additional experimental stimulants were identified including oxilofrine, octodrine, BMPEA, 1,3-DMAA, 1,4-DMAA, 1,3-DMBA and higenamine. The risks of consuming these combinations of stimulants is unknown. The FDA should warn consumers about the presence of cocktails of experimental stimulants in weight loss and sports supplements and take immediate effective action to remove these stimulants from the market. Clinicians should remain alert to the possibility that patients may be inadvertently exposed to experimental and prohibited stimulants when consuming weight loss and sports supplements.

Be sure to click and pull up Table 1. Not surprising about ALR....wtf:rolleyes:.

Conclusions​

In a study of dietary supplements available for sale in the US, we found 9 prohibited stimulants formulated into 8 different combinations – none of which have been studied in humans. We detected two stimulants for which the FDA has not issued warnings to manufacturers or consumers: deterenol, a beta-agonist with potentially serious adverse effects when consumed orally in humans, and phenpromethamine which was marketed as a pharmaceutical stimulant in the Vonedrine nasal inhaler in the 1940s and 1950s. Neither deterenol nor phenpromethamine have been approved for oral use in the US or elsewhere. In addition to deterenol and phenpromethamine, 7 additional experimental stimulants were identified including oxilofrine, octodrine, BMPEA, 1,3-DMAA, 1,4-DMAA, 1,3-DMBA and higenamine. The risks of consuming these combinations of stimulants is unknown. The FDA should warn consumers about the presence of cocktails of experimental stimulants in weight loss and sports supplements and take immediate effective action to remove these stimulants from the market. Clinicians should remain alert to the possibility that patients may be inadvertently exposed to experimental and prohibited stimulants when consuming weight loss and sports supplements.
Mr. BMJ, do you know who ALR is made by and owned by since circa 2012/13?

Not familiar with Bruce, but yes - HiTech.

Mr. BMJ, do you know who ALR is made by and owned by since circa 2012/13?
No man, I have not really followed them since many years back.

....well, now i do by reading your 2nd post above. I don't really follow many supp companies these days, or who is behind them. I know ARL passed away many years back, and I hadn't really heard anything since, but again, I don't read up on who is who tbh. I don't use many supps outside of TN or health products these days, which is all I really need....well, and ephedrine when needed from Walmart, lol.

I have no idea who HiTech is??? It seems they have some issues though, which is unfortunate for the ARL name after they had problems many years back.

Hi-Tech has a facility near me. They have been in and out of trouble...having kept up with them in a long time tho

The companies listed in the study/analysis were:

ALR for "N'Gorge NOS Extreme" and "LipoTherm"

Hi-Tech for "Fastin"

MuscleSport for "Thermal Black"

Chaos and Pain for "Cannibal Ferox" and "Cannibal Riot"

GenOne Laboratories for "Oxy Lean Elite" and "Old Jack Extreme"

Steel for "Shredded AF"

SciLabs for "Thermo Shock"

6 Rings for "OxyExtreme"

EPG for "TurnItUp" and "Blue Ice"

Psycho Pharma for "Edge of insanity"

Kewlify for "Optilean Plus"

Avenger Performance Nutrition for "10 Seconds to Launch" and "Deep 6 Pro"

the guys from JACK3d were getting nailed and crucified too years ago, FDA does not fuck around, they came to my door back in the day and informed me my companies supplier did not label something properly, the tiniest minute detail, and I had to fucking throw out 3500$ worth of labels and reprint. FDA lady flipped out a badge immediately when I opened the door. I was more scared thinking she was going to ask about the PHS that were just about to be banned by the law. Nutriverse was making bank back then and supplying lots of smaller companies. Olympus labs...that was the last I heard of her and needless to say I switched suppliers and soon got out the supp game

No man, I have not really followed them since many years back.

....well, now i do by reading your 2nd post above. I don't really follow many supp companies these days, or who is behind them. I know ARL passed away many years back, and I hadn't really heard anything since, but again, I don't read up on who is who tbh. I don't use many supps outside of TN or health products these days, which is all I really need....well, and ephedrine when needed from Walmart, lol.

I have no idea who HiTech is??? It seems they have some issues though, which is unfortunate for the ARL name after they had problems many years back.

ALR passed in the latter part of 2016.. HiTech made a lot of ALR's stuff and took over the company in late 2012/early 2013 through a business deal that was struck. ALR and his wife and a couple others continued to be present at shows as they were the face of the company for a couple years after. Eventually he became sicker and was out of the public eye and passed from CKD.

Knowing the man, I just wouldn't want dirt thrown on his name after he has passed - particularly for things he had nothing to do with. If someone wants to talk about the past issues while he was alive, that is surely open to interpretation. I only said anything at all - to specify what shouldn't be associated with his name/legacy - since it has nothing to do with him.

There are very real cases out there in the industry of people likely headed to jail in the near future. Keep your eyes peeled if you care. The only reason I say this is because people (including myself) have seen articles over the years and thought "so what" "probably got a slap on the wrist" "identified but not punished" etc. There are people out there who voluntarily chose to continue and violate laws on spiked/grey-area supplements that are in the process of paying greatly for it.

hi tech legal dianabol lmao was the first supplement I ever purchased online, back when halodrol was legal and booming , it was like pure tribulus

I remember when bodybuilding.com got raided by the feds.This is taken very seriously as Knight mentioned in an above post.

This is the second time Oxy Lean Elite got hit, right?

This isnt surprising, but getting hit twice is.

As long as it's declared on the label I say adults can make adult decisions. I am with Hi-tech as when they were in court the FDA scientist admitted that they were able to isolate a small amount of DMAA from geranium, an herb previously sold prior to the DSHEA being passed, meaning it MEETS ALL REQUIREMENTS to be sold as a dietary supplement. Despite this being admitted in open court they still asserted dmaa is illegal. So as we are seeing more and more these days rules don't really matter.

In other news, my wife received TWO PDR emergency updates regarding new deadly side effects discovered in FDA APPROVED medications. Till they get their own house in order stop worrying about supplements.

ALR passed in the latter part of 2016.. HiTech made a lot of ALR's stuff and took over the company in late 2012/early 2013 through a business deal that was struck. ALR and his wife and a couple others continued to be present at shows as they were the face of the company for a couple years after. Eventually he became sicker and was out of the public eye and passed from CKD.

Knowing the man, I just wouldn't want dirt thrown on his name after he has passed - particularly for things he had nothing to do with. If someone wants to talk about the past issues while he was alive, that is surely open to interpretation. I only said anything at all - to specify what shouldn't be associated with his name/legacy - since it has nothing to do with him.

There are very real cases out there in the industry of people likely headed to jail in the near future. Keep your eyes peeled if you care. The only reason I say this is because people (including myself) have seen articles over the years and thought "so what" "probably got a slap on the wrist" "identified but not punished" etc. There are people out there who voluntarily chose to continue and violate laws on spiked/grey-area supplements that are in the process of paying greatly for it.
Yea man, I didn't know specific details on who was running ALR currently, I know Author obviously wasn't because he passed away a few years back (2016 as updated by you), so I knew that he wasn't to blame for the current stock tested. I mentioned ALR and not HiTech because the testing had the name as ALR on the report...which now I guess from everybody is really just HiTech. The other companies, from what I remember, i've just never heard of them, or at least I can't remember if I have or not.

I saw Fastin ads on youtube MD videos many times.

Steel is one of the advertisers on the NPC news online website.

The companies listed in the study/analysis were:

ALR for "N'Gorge NOS Extreme" and "LipoTherm"

Hi-Tech for "Fastin"

MuscleSport for "Thermal Black"

Chaos and Pain for "Cannibal Ferox" and "Cannibal Riot"

GenOne Laboratories for "Oxy Lean Elite" and "Old Jack Extreme"

Steel for "Shredded AF"

SciLabs for "Thermo Shock"

6 Rings for "OxyExtreme"

EPG for "TurnItUp" and "Blue Ice"

Psycho Pharma for "Edge of insanity"

Kewlify for "Optilean Plus"

Avenger Performance Nutrition for "10 Seconds to Launch" and "Deep 6 Pro"
Psycho Pharma for "Edge of insanity"... LMAO

Some of these names!

I'm also surprised at the amount of experimental stimulants listed, I had never even heard of any of them.

Since this stuff was sold OTC I hope they at least had the decency to list those stims under the ingredients but they probably hid them under the all too popular "proprietary blend" 🙄

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws