over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

No meat shortage in this house!!

Btw Pharmfed you just saved my life. My wife and I were just talkin bout this, I'm movin to Virginia here in a few weeks and am in need of this exact thing. Don't think they have quality like this close to where ill be moving

Can't tell if you got organ meat in there.. Where are the bones for homemade broth??? I love US Wellness.. When you cook the grass fed beef the fat has a slight yellow color.. That means your meat is full of omega-3's...

A local butcher by me gets his grass finished beef from Tasmania, Australia.. These cows eat lush grass year round since the temperature never gets too cold or too hot.. It is the mecca for grazing cattle.. Some coastal farmers in Tasmania allow their cattle to graze on kelp.. The cattle actually go out onto the ocean shoreline to gobble up this one species of kelp..

Oh my word. I wish I had a freezer that 1/4 of that.....

not sure what prices are like where you are, but $10/lbs for meat here is not reasonable prices.....

even the top quality stuff is much less

was thinking the same exact thing I complain when i have to pay more than $2.99 a pound for my beef... but I usually get either London Broil or Top Round

It's a little under $9 per pound actually which is a fair price for organic grass fed beef, depending on which cut you have. You get what you pay for. Besides you pay more for your meat anyway through your taxes which are used for governement subsidies to give to the farmers.

It's a little under $9 per pound actually which is a fair price for organic grass fed beef, depending on which cut you have. You get what you pay for. Besides you pay more for your meat anyway through your taxes which are used for governement subsidies to give to the farmers.

If you get grass fed bison, its double that..but its way way good! Especially the strips..

I think Pharmfed is a natty...

I think you think that because of the IF thread, and I was drug free at that time, but things change.....:D

Btw Pharmfed you just saved my life. My wife and I were just talkin bout this, I'm movin to Virginia here in a few weeks and am in need of this exact thing. Don't think they have quality like this close to where ill be moving

Glad to help brother!

Can't tell if you got organ meat in there.. Where are the bones for homemade broth??? I love US Wellness.. When you cook the grass fed beef the fat has a slight yellow color.. That means your meat is full of omega-3's...

A local butcher by me gets his grass finished beef from Tasmania, Australia.. These cows eat lush grass year round since the temperature never gets too cold or too hot.. It is the mecca for grazing cattle.. Some coastal farmers in Tasmania allow their cattle to graze on kelp.. The cattle actually go out onto the ocean shoreline to gobble up this one species of kelp..

Yes there is some beef heart and liver in there. ;)

not sure what prices are like where you are, but $10/lbs for meat here is not reasonable prices.....

even the top quality stuff is much less

was thinking the same exact thing I complain when i have to pay more than $2.99 a pound for my beef... but I usually get either London Broil or Top Round

If you guys are buying pastured, organic, grass-fed beef for $2.99 a pound then you've found the world's cheapest source of meat and should stock up.

Exactly. Even at Target and pound of grass fed ground beef is $6.50 in this area. Roasts are from $9-$13 per pound and steaks are even higher. Ehhh, ah well. I personally believe in quality, other may not agree. I also believe is giving my money directly to the farmer who raised and cared for the animals instead of having it go to agrabusiness and government.

Almost forgot, we get marrow bones from the local farmer's market because they ate much cheaper. My wife makes the broth in a 9 gallon stock pot and right now we're stocked up (pun intended) pretty good.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355400874.260258.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355400913.558493.jpg

Damn that's a lot of meat! I never really thought about grass fed / organic .. I'm def looking into this now that my curiosity is raised

What are you doing with the broth and how do you make it?

What are you doing with the broth and how do you make it?

You simmer bones in a soup pot for a few days to make the broth. Cook it low and slow. You could add some spices if you wanted.

We use it to make soups, cook roasts, and just drink it straight too. Super nutritious and tastes great too. Sometimes I'll put some over top of rice like gravy, it's pretty versatile.

You simmer bones in a soup pot for a few days to make the broth. Cook it low and slow. You could add some spices if you wanted.

We use it to make soups, cook roasts, and just drink it straight too. Super nutritious and tastes great too. Sometimes I'll put some over top of rice like gravy, it's pretty versatile.

Youre missing out on some serious flavor by not roasting the bones prior to simmering...In a roasting pan add your bones and some halved carrots and halved onions along with some halved celery...the ratio of carrot, celery and onion should be 25% 25% and 50% in that order...coat all of the ingreds with some canola oil and roast in an oven at 450 until the bones and the veg are all golden brown (dont worry about the added canola oil it gets removed when we skim the stock as it cooks)...when the roasting is complete remove all of the roasted ingredients to your empty stock pot...place the roasting pan on the cook top and turn on two of the burners and add cup of two of water and once the water begins to boil scrape up all of the brown bits in the bottom of the pan...add this to the stock pot and fill the pot with cold water...add a bunch of fresh parsley, bay leaves and some black peppercorns...bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer...you can simmer this for as long as 24 hours if you want as long as you keep adding water to the stock pot to account for evaporation...every so often skim the top of the stock as it cooks to remove impurities and any fat accumulating there...when your happy with the stock...strain into clean containers...cool...label and freeze for further use. Thsi work best with veal bones but cow bones will work too!!! Good luck...

Youre missing out on some serious flavor by not roasting the bones prior to simmering...In a roasting pan add your bones and some halved carrots and halved onions along with some halved celery...the ratio of carrot, celery and onion should be 25% 25% and 50% in that order...coat all of the ingreds with some canola oil and roast in an oven at 450 until the bones and the veg are all golden brown (dont worry about the added canola oil it gets removed when we skim the stock as it cooks)...when the roasting is complete remove all of the roasted ingredients to your empty stock pot...place the roasting pan on the cook top and turn on two of the burners and add cup of two of water and once the water begins to boil scrape up all of the brown bits in the bottom of the pan...add this to the stock pot and fill the pot with cold water...add a bunch of fresh parsley, bay leaves and some black peppercorns...bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer...you can simmer this for as long as 24 hours if you want as long as you keep adding water to the stock pot to account for evaporation...every so often skim the top of the stock as it cooks to remove impurities and any fat accumulating there...when your happy with the stock...strain into clean containers...cool...label and freeze for further use. Thsi work best with veal bones but cow bones will work too!!! Good luck...

Great tip bro, thanks. Never thought about roasting the bones first. And we have used both cow as deer bones. I have basically an entire deer in my freezer. I'll try that for the next batch of stock.

How long will all that meat last you?

Good question. Between my wife and I it should last 6-8 weeks hopefully. We will still buy seafood locally since we are on the coast so that should help spread it out a little bit.

Last edited:
I like to make smaller portion of my broth and add onions, carrots and sellery to it. After cooking it for a day I siff it, add tomatoes and a little full fat pure cream, some salt and pepper and I am in heaven

I like to make smaller portion of my broth and add onions, carrots and sellery to it. After cooking it for a day I siff it, add tomatoes and a little full fat pure cream, some salt and pepper and I am in heaven

That sounds good too. We strain ours just enough to remove debris and small pieces of meat but we keep the fat. We aren't scared of fat in this house!! lol. Plus is makes is so silky smooth and delicious!

Great tip bro, thanks. Never thought about roasting the bones first. And we have used both cow as deer bones. I have basically an entire deer in my freezer. I'll try that for the next batch of stock.

Thanks! One additional thing you can do to add an extra level of flavor is to add some tomato paste to the ingredients when you put them on the cooktop in the roasting pan...just add 3-4 Tablespoon to the bones and veg and let it coat the ingredients nicely and let it cook off for 5-10 minutes until the paste starts to caramelize slightly and cooks off that tomoatoey taste...then add your cup or two water to glaze the pan and scrape up the fond (brown bits) on the bottom of the pan...then proceed as above...Enjoy

I am a professional chef and instructor as well...if you have any cooking questions...please pm me and id be more than happy to help!!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131