over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Not sure how to take this

I got done working out awhile back and had to wait for a ride since my car was in the shop.

So I sat in locker room out of anyones way and read a book I had with me.

Some old guy came up and said... "Thats how ya do it! Work your body then work your brain!"

lol

Wasnt an insult. But was funny at the time.

I was at work today and toward the end of the day it got somewhat slow and I grabbed my book out of my truck and sat down in my office to read.

I was sitting there reading when one of my employees walked in and looked at me and says

"You read?" with a totally confused look on his face.

I said "Well that should be pretty fucking obvious since I have this book in my hand why?"

He said "I figured you just lifted weights"

to which I reminded him that "You have to exercise your brain as well as the rest of your muscles and that's why I make as much as I do and you make as much as you do, maybe you should start reading."

OK, that last part may have been a little rude in hind sight, but I found myself actually a little offended. So I get home and tell my loving wife what this dip shit said to me and she comforts me by telling me that if she didn't know me she would probably be surprised to see a book in my hands as well. Then tries to make that not sound so bad by saying that I just make the book look small:rolleyes:

I know we tend to have people look at us like meat heads, and being on these boards you get to see plenty of people prove that stereotype, but I think that's the first time I've ever had someone reference me that way.

I don't really know the point of this, just a rant, or maybe seeing if you guys have experienced things like that.

Write his ass up for insubordination and ask him if he can read it or does he need you to explain it to him!!!!

Yeah...I'm a University Professor. I had one colleague tell me, "Guys like you used to beat me up in high-school" Wow! Judgmental much? They are purely professional academics who seem to have no other interests. And they only started really talking to me after about 3 YEARS. LOL!

But the first day of class is always pretty entertaining. There's a lot of "WTF?!" going on in the conversations among students :)

But hey, who says I have to fit the stereotype of Cardigan-vest, Glasses and Cord pants?

damn jello, that story really touched a nerve with me.....I get comments like that all the time. I live in Vermont. A state where the only difference between one of its native women and and a cow is 65lbs and a flannel shirt. I honestly believe that these people need to cut us down to feel better about themselves.

They can look at guys like us and say to themselves "sure, he's in shape, but he spends all his time workingout and is dumb as a box of rocks" It makes them feel better about their own fat selves. I can tell it crushes some of the people I work with when they realize that a person can have a good body and be intelligent.
Vt is to bodybuilders now what Mississippi was to black people in the 60's.

Alright I'm done:banghead:

LMAO happens all the time, i've even gotten it from professors.

Got called in once to the Dean's office, teacher and the dean was in there.... The dean asked the teacher what the problem was he said there was an issue because I scored a 96% on the final and the second highest grade was an 85 or something and he didn't see a "meathead" doing that well on it.

Dean looked at me said he was sorry and excused me. Boy was that teacher nice to me for the rest of the semester.

I get comments alot when people at the gym see me getting into one of my cars as well.

Its funny how people's perceptions change once they find out you are better educated, cultured, and more traveled than they are by an exponential amount.

That dip shit got the response he deserved. Peace.

I was at work today and toward the end of the day it got somewhat slow and I grabbed my book out of my truck and sat down in my office to read.

I was sitting there reading when one of my employees walked in and looked at me and says

"You read?" with a totally confused look on his face.

I said "Well that should be pretty fucking obvious since I have this book in my hand why?"

He said "I figured you just lifted weights"

to which I reminded him that "You have to exercise your brain as well as the rest of your muscles and that's why I make as much as I do and you make as much as you do, maybe you should start reading."

OK, that last part may have been a little rude in hind sight, but I found myself actually a little offended. So I get home and tell my loving wife what this dip shit said to me and she comforts me by telling me that if she didn't know me she would probably be surprised to see a book in my hands as well. Then tries to make that not sound so bad by saying that I just make the book look small:rolleyes:

I know we tend to have people look at us like meat heads, and being on these boards you get to see plenty of people prove that stereotype, but I think that's the first time I've ever had someone reference me that way.

I don't really know the point of this, just a rant, or maybe seeing if you guys have experienced things like that.

Guess he judged the "book" by it's cover...:naughty:

There are ignorant idiots throughout all walks of life and most believe the stereotypes that they are fed every day from society. I would have definitely been pissed if the comment was made to me and I think your comment back to this douche was perfectly called for.

LOL.... As a software developer I just love the look on people's faces when they realize that, not only am I bigger, stronger, and better looking than they are, but I'm smarter too!!!

Damn, I left humble off the list. :)

what was the book, if you dont mind me asking?

Echo Platoon (Rogue Warrior series)

Great books, the first is non-fiction (Rogue Warrior) the subsequent books had to be fiction based because of the trouble he got into with the first one. Talked about too much shit the Gov denied ever being involved in.

I was thinking... Jello... Go buy him

1) a coloring book and crayons
2) one of those books for infants (learn to read or something)
3) a bernstein bears book
4) One of stephen hawkings books (usually very well written and easy to understand actually)

Tell him to work his way up! Hell hes gotta start somewhere!

My initial response to your story was based on ugly bias. I thought "WTF would Jello expect to hear from a car mechanic?" Ouch on me. See, people can really suck. Moi.

I am a pathological reader myself. As I type this in bed with 2 of my dogs and one of my cats, (wifey is getting the kids ready for school downstairs) I am currently reading a paper back, a book on my iPad, and Im listening to a book on my iPod. I absolutely NEVER watch TV. (cept for the Disney channel with the little monsters)

But here is a question for you. I like to fuck with people a little bit and act like a neaderthal. People think I watch MMA all day long. Other than your freakish large size - 70lbs heavier than me. And Im not skinny, do you radiate scholarship, or the look of a meat head? I dunno?

I had a girl I was dating say with complete frustration - "why do you insist on playing the oaf who whallows in his own ignorance?" She had a lot of respect for my intellect, less so for my sociopathic (FYI - the PC term is now Anti-Social personality disorder). That comment struck home. I vividly remember responding with a request for an oral genital massage.

Well, he was just a lube tech, bottom wrung, shop bitch type. He wants to be a Diag Tech and I've tried to give him some guidance but I think he is still just a tad bit young and not quite focused yet.

I'm probably not the most approachable looking until I start to talk to you, then I never have a problem with anyone.

you read? did your t.v. break or something?

Last edited:
Write his ass up for insubordination and ask him if he can read it or does he need you to explain it to him!!!!

That's funny but I've always had a light hand with my employees and try to keep it fun at work so I kind of open myself up for shit like that, but my guys would kill themselves for me so I guess it's a fair trade.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws