advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T: Cain Velasquez vs Junior Dos Santos III. Who you got ? Analysis inside.

Who is going to win this 3rd fight

• Cain Velasquez

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • Junior Dos Santos

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
STAREDOWNS AT WEIGH INS TODAY

I posted these pictures up on a MMA forum and within literally 2 minutes there were over 3000 views and 30 comments. Crazy.

Cain Velasquez (241) vs. Junior dos Santos (240)
Daniel Cormier (224) vs. Roy Nelson (249)
Gilbert Melendez (156) vs. Diego Sanchez (156)

**broken link removed**
Cormier-Nelson.jpg

Gil-Diego.jpg

BETTING ODDS
698.png

The odds are real close with Cain / JDS.

UFC 166 SET FOR $2.5 MILLION SELLOUTUFC 166 Set for a $2.5 Million Sellout | MMAWeekly.com

Last edited:
I'm so pumped for this card! I do think the UG would implode if Roy ko's DC. Hoping Nate the Great can pull of the win. Lombard is a scary mofo. But its a huge cut for him, reminds me of James Irvin, not healthy he needs to drop a little more mass.

I really hope Daniel C puts Roy N to sleep. For some reason Roy's attitude and apperience is just getting sloppy/nasty as of late. He really needs to be humbled IMO.

I really hope Daniel C puts Roy N to sleep. For some reason Roy's attitude and apperience is just getting sloppy/nasty as of late. He really needs to be humbled IMO.

I wonder if Roy is capable of being humbled. If Dos Santos, Mir, Werdum, and Miocic didn't humble him I wonder what could!

I wonder if Roy is capable of being humbled. If Dos Santos, Mir, Werdum, and Miocic didn't humble him I wonder what could!

Yea you have a point, that's why I said he needs to be put to sleep. Roy has never been KO'd so I believe that will do it for him. What do you think?

Like I mentioned before I picked Cain to win but I like JDS too (from videos he seems very humble and likeable guy) so if JDS wins I am happy for him equally... but on paper Cain should win. As all of you know this is MMA and anything could happen. Plus their only loss in the UFC is with each other which makes this even more exciting.

Various polls have this a pretty much 50/50 split. As you can see the Betting Odds in my previous post its almost tied with Cain having a slight edge.

Below is the picks of all the editors for a MMA website and its a tie as well.
UFC 166: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos staff picks and predictions - Bloody Elbow

Tim Burke: I picked Cain in the first one and JDS in the second, so I might as well go three for three in my wrong picks. I think Anton did an excellent job of explaining it below, so go read that. You back? Cool. Okay, that about covers it. I'm done! Junior dos Santos by TKO, round 4

Anton Tabuena: The first two fights were basically decided by one punch. JDS landed a bomb that KO'd Cain on the first fight, and although he wasn't able to secure a finish it was the huge punch that dropped JDS and turned the tide. A rocked and tired JDS has proven he can still get up from those takedowns, so with this likely to have a lot of time on the feet, who has a better chance of repeating with that big shot? I think that's going to be Dos Santos. Also, can I just say that after taking that beating on the second fight, Dos Santos even seemed to be the fresher fighter during the latter rounds. Hopefully on this third bout, Rogan and Goldie would already have let go of that damn ‘Cardio Cain' narrative. Junior Dos Santos by TKO.

Mookie Alexander: I don't get people who think that Cain and JDS fighting 75 times is a bad thing. Heavyweight is not producing any serious contenders right now (or at least anyone who is a threat to Cain or JDS), and the next best heavyweight is planning to drop to 205 AND is Cain's teammate. So that leaves Werdum, Barnett, and maybe Travis Browne as the next best 3, and all of them would be comprehensively pulverized by Cain or JDS (who already smashed Werdum). Anyway, I've picked JDS the first two times, but the 2nd fight was a real eye opener. I think as much as JDS gets lauded for his boxing, Cain is tighter with his punches and has the superior footwork. JDS has the ability to KO Cain with one punch, but Cain just has more paths to victory, and I think he takes the rubber match by beating JDS at his own game. Cain Velasquez by TKO, round 3.

T.P. Grant: This is a great rivalry for the Heavyweight division as these two are clearly the best of their generation and both could be considered All-Time Greats by the time their careers are over. This makes the third time I've picked Cain heading into their fights, I've always seen a trilogy coming and Cain taking two of three. JDS certainly has the tools to win, he is only ever one punch away from getting the belt, but Cain's wrestling is just too big a factor for him not to be the smart pick. These two might end up fighting five times and unless something drastically changes I'll pick Cain as the favorite each time. Cain Velasquez by Decision.

Zane Simon: I'd love to pick JDS here, I think his standup is actually evolving. Hell, he KO'd Mark Hunt with a wheel kick. But the fight is about more than just who strikes better. I think that cain has the ability to continually take JDS out of his element and even if JDS can get back up over and over again it changes the way he fights. Cain's path to victory is clearer because he can follow almost the exact same game plan as the last time out and expect similar results. JDS has to have made significant changes to his defense, grappling and footwork and I just don't think that's likely. Cain Velasquez by Decision.

Fraser Coffeen: I got to tell you - I have no idea. I picked JDS KO last time, then felt stupid. This time, I'm tempted to pick Cain, but is it just because he won last time? I guess I fall back on my general rule for rematches - go with the smarter fighter. Here, I think that's Cain. So, Cain right? Yeah, but what about his chin? Good point - so JDS, right? Aaargh - so difficult!! Cain Velasquez by TKO round 3

David Castillo: I'm still in the camp of ‘this is too close to call'. While people talk about the first fight being fluky, I don't see how the second fight with JDS getting destroyed on the feet is any less fluky. I don't think Cain is the better striker, for example, just like I don't think Cain is chinny. One of the reasons why I favor JDS is because even with his brain lying in a pool of blood near the judges, he still managed a modest comeback. If JDS is relatively cogent, and hasn't been rocked, I kind of like JDS' chances in general. I favor him to eek out the win in fact. This is just one of those matchups IMO where these guys could fight 100 times, and each fight would be a coin toss. Junior dos Santos by Decision.

Connor Ruebusch: I don't even know, man. I'm just so hyped about this matchup. Who doesn't love a heavyweight rubber match? This is a classic trilogy in the making, and there's likely at least another two fights in the not-too-distant future. I actually believe that JDS was unduly affected by outside factors in the last fight, and even in his dilapidated condition he was still able to land some punishing shots in the later rounds. I don't think Cain can repeat his success, because JDS has the advantage of knowing exactly what holes need shoring up. Hopefully he's taking Cain seriously now, and has a gameplan to stifle the wrestling and punish the faulty boxing of the current champion. Junior Dos Santos by KO, round 3.

Last edited:
Yea you have a point, that's why I said he needs to be put to sleep. Roy has never been KO'd so I believe that will do it for him. What do you think?

Couldn't hurt! DCs hands are somewhat brittle and If he does kO Roy he will prob be out on a hand injury again. Got the Fedor syndrome

I am telling you Roy is going to have brain problems later in life from all the shots he took in his career. He took some MONSTER shots. Especially from Dos Santos, Cro Cop and Arlovski.

He been KO'd once by Andrea Arlovski in the Elite XC organization a while ago
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OhcjsvdsAM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OhcjsvdsAM[/ame]

Last edited:
Yea that was a while ago if Roy gets put to sleep by DC on such a big ppv card it will humble him for sure! Plus Roy has admitted to having a horrible camp and bad diet due to all the issues with his camp. So he may be more vonerable than usual.

Cain and Junior staredown with awesome camera angle !
( You can feel the tension :D)​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXM5VHUISg8]UFC 166: Weigh-In Highlight - YouTube[/ame]

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

I am telling you Roy is going to have brain problems later in life from all the shots he took in his career. He took some MONSTER shots. Especially from Dos Santos, Cro Cop and Arlovski.

The Werdum beating was pretty nasty too. So many knees. Hopefully, he doesn't end up too bad off. You think about Chuck Liddell, he's in pretty good shape. He does come off a little "punchy" but he had a granite chin for a long time took a lot of shots. Then you get to Gary Goodrich and he is going through hell because of concussions.

FINAL UPDATE BEFORE FIGHT TIME​

Man I hope this isn't going to be a 30 second fight. Please atleast be a few rounds of back and forth. I'll saying it again, Cain 3rd rd TKO though he will get caught early on, survive and somehow manages to pull through with a KO. Am I confident in this ? Not going to lie, I am only 65% to 70% confident. Whoever wins I will be equally happy because they are both likeable guys outside the ring but on paper Cain should take this again.
On a huge MMA forum as of right now for the most part its Cain 53.95% to JDS 46.05%

Cain Velasquez final interview before fight​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2NO6WxS57M]Velasquez ready for 3rd bout with Dos Santos - YouTube[/ame]

Junior Dos Santos final interview before fight​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q99CuMVEans]Dos Santos wants to put Velasquez to sleep - YouTube[/ame]

UFC 166 Full Weigh Ins​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEJAgqU7Uco]UFC 166: Official Weigh-In - YouTube[/ame]

Cain and Junior meets the Houston Rockets​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-2uBwvqIe8]UFC 166: Cain and Junior Meet the Houston Rockets - YouTube[/ame]

Tyron Woodley and Mark Munoz predicts Cain vs JDS 3​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YqssCA8moQ]Tyron Woodley and Mark Munoz predict Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos 3 - YouTube[/ame]

Junior Dos Santos vs Gilbert Yvel full fight​
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGXPxn5FHmo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGXPxn5FHmo[/ame]

Last edited:
He been KO'd once by Andrea Arlovski in the Elite XC organization a while ago
Andrei Arlovski vs Roy Nelson - YouTube

That's not a KO, that's a TKO. A KO is when the lights completely go out.

Everyone looks to be in great shape. Even the fat slob, Big Country looks like he has lost weight. DC has obviously slimmed down, too. He must be starting to get ready for the light heavy weight cut. He's suppose to be moving to 205 after this fight. Hector Lombard was a big 185'r and I don't see how he made it to 170, but he looks unhealthy. Obviously he's ripped and muscular, but you can tell that he's dropped entirely too much weight. I think that Nate will win solely due to Hector being drained from the cut.

Not that it really matters, but I can't stand the way that Gilbert and the Diaz brothers square off. They look so damn retarded stretching their arms out and showing just how skinny they really are. All three of them could beat the living shit out of me though so let's keep that between us. :cool:

Cain
DC
Gilbert
Nate

These are my picks and I've got $50 on each fight. Nothing big obviously, but it's always fun just to throw a little into the pot to make things interesting.

Last edited:
JDS! Think he underestimated Cain the second time.

That's not a KO, that's a TKO. A KO is when the lights completely go out.

Everyone looks to be in great shape. Even the fat slob, Big Country looks like he has lost weight. DC has obviously slimmed down, too. He must be starting to get ready for the light heavy weight cut. He's suppose to be moving to 205 after this fight. Hector Lombard was a big 185'r and I don't see how he made it to 170, but he looks unhealthy. Obviously he's ripped and muscular, but you can tell that he's dropped entirely too much weight. I think that Nate will win solely due to Hector being drained from the cut.

Not that it really matters, but I can't stand the way that Gilbert and the Diaz brothers square off. They look so damn retarded stretching their arms out and showing just how skinny they really are. All three of them could beat the living shit out of me though so let's keep that between us. :cool:

Cain
DC
Gilbert
Nate

These are my picks and I've got $50 on each fight. Nothing big obviously, but it's always fun just to throw a little into the pot to make things interesting.

I think you are completely spot on. Hector's too short for middleweight, but hasn't yet dropped enough mass to do 170 properly (watch me be wrong) imo.
Those are my picks too

Last edited:

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767