over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T How do you guys cook your steaks?

Seasoning salt,pepper and cook it rare. I hear it moo as I cut into it.

Weber makes a garlic/herb seasoning, I like a lean new york strip or sirloin, I have in infared searer on the side of my grill, first givde it a 45 sec/side sear with the infared, then transfer it to the grill that is 500*, cooke 2 mins/side, give me a rare center that is about room temp. If my steak is cooked much over rare, I don't enjoy em much.

Seasoning salt,pepper and cook it rare. I hear it moo as I cut into it.

Yeah I see these great pieces of meat as I drive to work everyday. I just want to jump out of the jeep with my bowie knife and jump on there back. Ride them down and start eating as the meat is still warm. Thats what i am talking about. Love that cow.:):):)

Oh for the love of all things holy I cant believe you guys pollute a good cut of meat with some of that shit !!! Angles cry when you put A1 on a steak!!!:eek:
Sir, I salute you!

Basically, I cook mine like Gunsmith. I leave the meat get up to room temp, some sea salt and fresh-ground black pepper (on the extremely rare times if I ever use anything else its Fire and Flavor's coffee rub), then either grill or pan-fry on a very hot surface, and leave it rest. This way, you get really to enjoy a good cut of meat.

~ Gusto

The better the cut of meat the better it will taste plain. I get USDA Prime Steaks from Costco and all that meat sees is a little salt and pepper and then cooked to medium-medium rare

Sir, I salute you!

Basically, I cook mine like Gunsmith. I leave the meat get up to room temp, some sea salt and fresh-ground black pepper (on the extremely rare times if I ever use anything else its Fire and Flavor's coffee rub), then either grill or pan-fry on a very hot surface, and leave it rest. This way, you get really to enjoy a good cut of meat.

~ Gusto

I've had some great steaks including true Kobe beef in Japan , I've had it cook and topped with high end blue cheese , I've had then pan seared following a sauteed bunch of mushrooms and onions , I've had them seared in a high heat oven in a "special sauce" and while they all tasted great you could not appreciate the flavor of the meat.
When I eat a steak I prefer a nice free ranged rib eye off a yearling calf this allows for some good marbling still and its tender the flavor of the meat is great.
Maybe im just partial to stronger meat flavor being raised on a lot of wild game.

Dont get me wrong I like A1 and other sauces but I eat them on lesser cuts of meat like porkchops or hamburger s

My 3 favorites are Tri-tip, New York, and skirt steak.

I like it med-rare to medium.

Salt and pepper are a must and maybe a little oil and garlic.

For the skirt steak, I prep it much different because of the connective tissues.

Let the steak come to room temp before cooking or grilling it, helps out a lot.

all these sauces on steaks?!!>??

I rarely cook my own, but when I do i'll cook it with a little butter or olive oil... that's IT! and it better be rare, or med rare.

Black and blue! It's the only way to cook a good steak!!!!!

Medium well on grill and just enough salt to bring out flavor. I do not slather it in A1 sauce.

I only marinate in a1. when its done nothing else is added. I love steak.

If it's lean then cook it and use some A-1 or whatever steak sauce just to flavor it.

If it's for pleasure (nothing better than new york strip or porterhouse) season with a bit of salt maybe a little pepper. Cook it (I am not the norm like it medium with some good charring) and slap some salted butter on it to melt.

Who cooks their meat? I eat it raw. But seriously, sea salt and black pepper, and on the grill only long enough for the outside to change color, still raw on the inside, take it off and let sit 5 minutes then it's done.

Monday is my bday but because I have to work I will be celebrating today. Going to have me some New York Strip and Shrimp. I like to baste mine with olive oil then add black pepper, season salt, garlic powder, and then A1. Take that and put in a freezer bag with worchester sauce. Marinade for at least 4 hours.(more if you have time) Then throw it on the a hot grill until around medium rare. The thicker the steak the better. Then I put the shrimp in some butter, garlic salt and teriyaki sauce. Marinade again for as long as you can. Then put on skewers and throw on grill.

I only marinate flank steak and chicken. Meat like filet mignon I use some olive oil,,pepper,,salt,,and throw it on a hot grill. Over seasoning ruins good meats IMO.

I would not do this to a very expensive cut of steak or a rib eye but flank steak def makes it a million times better and very tender as well !Marinade in Soy Sauce ,Wishershire Sauce , Franks hot sauce , Liquid Smoke, Crushed black pepper, Onion Powder and Garlic Powder and a touch of Creole seasoning. Ya it will give great flavor within 15 minutes of marinading to 30 minutes is a max time unless you just have some bad cuts of meat which take a over night marinade or Beef Jerky which this is perfect marinade for as well except I would use terriaki sauce instead of soy . Taste mixture to make sure not to salty and not to tangy I never measure I just wing it and comes out perfect. Then Grill over charcoal to perfection of a nice medium rare Voila ....This works great on venison....:love:

Last edited:
Keep it grass fed. Sear just enough to get grill marks. Salt and pepper and let it rest. Choose a cut with fat to flavor the steak = perfect rare steak.

Delmonico Ribeye, NY strip are my favorites. Sometimes I'll eat a filet.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
That looks great but a little to uncooked for me. Making me hungry now.

NY Strip - I get my grill hot as hell and cook for a couple minutes on each side. Maybe some sea salt or a dry rub before cooking. Seared and bloody as hell. Melts in your mouth.

To each their own but I have never understood how anyone can pay upwards to $20 for a good thick steak and then ruin it by cooking all the flavor out and dousing it with A1 or something like that when they eat it. You might as well just eat chicken and save some money.

Very rare lightly seasoned on the grill. I do a carne asada with skirt steak
lime and carne season. Very good . I grill usually 2=3 x daily year round.
T

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767