over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T I THINK DENTIST MAY HAVE PULLED THE WRONG TOOTH

ironfreak83

Registered
anyways i went to the dentist today because i had this killer toothache all weekend long and hadnt slept at all even with painmeds and ibuprofen. so he does x rays and says i can either have a root canal and the tooth and then get it crowned, or just have it pulled.

i said that if its the one causing all this pain then just to pull the sum bitch. so he does. now 8 hours later im still feeling the same ache i was feeling all weekend, and if i move the tooth directly behind where the other one was removed, it seems to be where all the pain is coming from. what i'm hoping is that the entire area is just tender from the extraction. he said the only two teeth that looked bad were the one that he pulled and then my molar in the very back which needs a filling. i dunno, maybe i'm just being paranoid but im gonna be pissed off if i had a perfectly good tooth pulled.

calling him first thing in the morning to see what he thinks. ive already missed 2 days of training due to this crap and its gonna be thursday before i can get back to the gym. but if i gotta get more shit fixed ill be out even longer.

Last edited:
Just pop some of those hydrocodine (spelling? too lazy to google) and watch a few Netflix DVD's to wait it out....

....btw, he's a professional, so he probably saw a need to remove that tooth. In the event that he messed up, it's his ass that's on the line (am I right?)!

my professional opinion

iron freak...
your scenario is a common one in my office. your dentist gave you the option of a root canal and a crown or an extraction. this is the correct treatment plan that he gave you. like me, and your dentist we would have rather you do the root canal and crown instead of the extraction. not because more money but in the long run it is more benefical for your occlusion (the way you bite). i will give the patient the option of extraction because some patients can not afford the root canal and crown and extractions are much cheaper.
extractions will usually be tender after. i dont know your case or what tooth number he extracted. did he give you post op instructions after the extractions?? no smoking, no sucking on a straw, etc. the extraction site needs to develop a plug, kind of like a scab in the socket area. if it still sensitive , you may have dry socket. go back to him and if thats the case he/she will put dry socket paste in there and that should qwell the pain down.
as for training...may i suggest to take it easy. i always reccommend to my patient that they should not do any heavy lifting for at least a week.

like i said i dont know your case , but i gave you what i feel based on what you wrote. when you talk to your dentist, let me know what they suggest. ill try to help you out as best as i can with out actually looking in your mouth and looking at xrays. just post a reply and ill reply back.

MS

anyways i went to the dentist today because i had this killer toothache all weekend long and hadnt slept at all even with painmeds and ibuprofen. so he does x rays and says i can either have a root canal and the tooth and then get it crowned, or just have it pulled.

i said that if its the one causing all this pain then just to pull the sum bitch. so he does. now 8 hours later im still feeling the same ache i was feeling all weekend, and if i move the tooth directly behind where the other one was removed, it seems to be where all the pain is coming from. what i'm hoping is that the entire area is just tender from the extraction. he said the only two teeth that looked bad were the one that he pulled and then my molar in the very back which needs a filling. i dunno, maybe i'm just being paranoid but im gonna be pissed off if i had a perfectly good tooth pulled.

calling him first thing in the morning to see what he thinks. ive already missed 2 days of training due to this crap and its gonna be thursday before i can get back to the gym. but if i gotta get more shit fixed ill be out even longer.
yeah i had the same problem i had to go to 3 dentist to figure it out i had a tooth pulled and the one next to was the one that was hurting it was rotted on the side in the back and the dentist couldnt see it i had to figure it out my self with a tooth pick.it hurt so bad .i lost 15pd because i coundnt eat pain killers didnt even help oxycodone 10mg helped a little.hope you feel better soon.check the side of the tooth in the back.

THEY WERE ABCESSED

You guys might want to see a dentist more often. I had a few teeth abcess on me and NOTHING will help the pain until they drill the thing and let the pressure out. But if you were going more often they might be able to see that before it happens, for me anyways it is not worth that kinda pain and staying up all night because of it.

IF you had an infection, the pain may persist untilt he infection is cleared. Also the nerve can be projecting from a different place than the actual location of the pain. (Learned the hard way from my dentist). BTW there is a bit of evidence linking mouth problems, infections, with heart disease. It is also possible the virus I got on my heart came from dental work. Surely is wasn't the daily HGH injections or weekly injections oils?

I used to put it off, but I go every three months now (overkill).

PWood

Teeth- how important? Very, in some cases it maybe the only thing you ever own outright without having to pay taxes on it LOL. But look at all the work people put into there bodies and avoid other things. Cleaned every 6 months to a year and have regular check ups, but if your getting them cleaned then that should cover it.
Why would it put you out so many days of training? Other than the pain, maybe. I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled on the same day and a day later I was at the gym training. They said nothing strenuous(sp) but I couldn't take it just sitting around. Packed the back of my mouths with gause and went to town. Didn't go super heavy but got my workouts in. The crazy shit is when they don't get all of the tooth out and little pieces work there way out, weeks to a month later. :eek:

There is nothing worse that tooth pain, especially when its constant and on a pain level of 10. I had to have a root canal a couple years ago because I was having extreme pain at one of my molars. The thing that surprised me in killing the pain were antibiotics. It wasn't the Hydrocodone, but the antibiotics that made it bearable. Now I have to have 4 wisdom teeth pulled and a root canal:eek: Not looking forward to this one.

you MUST keep us up to date on this.
honestly this isnt the 1st time ive heard of this happening
doctors/dentists make mistakes like this daily.

well he worked me in to his schedule yesterday after i called him. i was in so much pain yesterday morning that i was doubled over the kitchen table moaning for about 2 hours.

after he looked again he saw a cavity that i had in the tooth directly behind the one that he took out. he said he couldnt see it before but that it was most likely the other part of the problem. he wants to pull that tooth and do a root canal and crown my very back tooth. then of course he wants to put a bridge in to replace the other teeth which i'm all for but its gonna be roughly $3,200 to get all that done. insurance will cover all but about 1500 so im debating on what to do.

he put me on a z pack and prescribed some darvocet to use until the antibiotics kick in. today i feel 10 times better and i only have some tenderness around the extraction, feels almost like when you get a big cold sore. i'm happy with that because the pain that was throbbing all the way through my entire jaw and my head was some of the most intense shit i've ever dealt with.

pekkerwood, what you said about the infection and the pain lingering until it clears up was what i believe the problem was. hopefully after a couple more days i'll be good as new.

Teeth- how important? Very, in some cases it maybe the only thing you ever own outright without having to pay taxes on it LOL. But look at all the work people put into there bodies and avoid other things. Cleaned every 6 months to a year and have regular check ups, but if your getting them cleaned then that should cover it.
Why would it put you out so many days of training? Other than the pain, maybe. I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled on the same day and a day later I was at the gym training. They said nothing strenuous(sp) but I couldn't take it just sitting around. Packed the back of my mouths with gause and went to town. Didn't go super heavy but got my workouts in. The crazy shit is when they don't get all of the tooth out and little pieces work there way out, weeks to a month later. :eek:

the reason for taking a few days off after it was pulled was one to avoid dry socket, and two i didnt want the stitches to come undone from all the pressure from lifting. my buddy did this and instead of having to take off a few days, it ended up being 2 and a half weeks for the even bigger hole to heal over.

and i cant go train and not go heavy lol;) it's just not in my genetic makeup :D

Sorry to hear bruther man! Just glad you figured out what was wrong:eek:

Sorry to hear bruther man! Just glad you figured out what was wrong:eek:

yeah i just dont wanna spend a shit load of more money but what can you do i guess.

he said i could go back to training thursday which would be tomorrow, any of you think its too soon to bench slightly heavy? im not dumb enough to squat but was thinkin some benchin wouldnt hurt too much.

I'd think you'd be able to feel it out but not sure...I had a tooth issue before and when the heart rate/bp got going, I could tell...:eek:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws