over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T....Need help trying to get my mom to quit smoking

hghanadrol1

Registered
Anyone here quit smoking or know anyone close to them that has quit smoking?? What did they use/how they do it??

I'm just worried about my mom's health in the future and don't want to lose a loved-one to cancer/emphysema, etc....

The nicotine lozenge worked great for me. I started out eating about 10 of them a day. Then reduced it gradually over 2 months until I took 0.

I never smoked but I dipped or chewed tobacco for about 20 years.I used nicotine gum way back when it was prescription.My doctor told me to chew as much for as long as I want.Because nicotine is the addictive property but not the harmful property,he would rather have me chewing the gum than dipping.I eventually after months quite chewing the gum.

Cold turkey. Until the smoker makes the decision and says that it's time to quit, he/she won't quit. Well, in most cases at least.

Try and give her a reason to quit (other than "health"). If she can dedicate herself to working out, perhaps she'll be more inclined to quit because she has some new plans for herself.

I quit smoking a year ago after smoking a pack per day for just about 8 years. I tried many times unsuccessfully to quit and it got pretty frustrating. One day it dawned on me, if I can go for months at a time without cheating on my diet or skipping a workout, obviously I can quit smoking. And I did, cold turkey. So as btech said, she has to want to quit and believe she can quit before she will quit. Explain to her the health benefits and reassure her that you'll be there to support her. If she absolutely must resort to drugs, I would have her look into Chantix rather than using nicotine gum, lozenges, etc. Nicotine gum is like methadone for smokers. Chantix on the other hand actually works to block the effects of nicotine in the brain. A couple of friends have had good luck with it.

it will be virtually impossible to make her quit unless she wants to quit.

I quit smoking a year ago after smoking a pack per day for just about 8 years. I tried many times unsuccessfully to quit and it got pretty frustrating. One day it dawned on me, if I can go for months at a time without cheating on my diet or skipping a workout, obviously I can quit smoking. And I did, cold turkey. So as btech said, she has to want to quit and believe she can quit before she will quit. Explain to her the health benefits and reassure her that you'll be there to support her. If she absolutely must resort to drugs, I would have her look into Chantix rather than using nicotine gum, lozenges, etc. Nicotine gum is like methadone for smokers. Chantix on the other hand actually works to block the effects of nicotine in the brain. A couple of friends have had good luck with it.

good for you buddy on the quiting smoking. I have been smoking a pack a day for the last16-17 years. I only tried to stop once and i could'nt do it. I really do want to stop cause its rediculous. I work out 3-4 times a weak and i'm so into looking good and trying to eat well and then i go and light up a smoke. It's retarted. Both my parents smoke for over 30 years plus my girl smokes just as much as myself.
Besides my health, another reason i want to stop is before my 2 year old son gets old enough to realize what we are all doing.
Does that chantix really work? My girl wants to try it but i was a bit nervous after seing all the side effects from it.
Anyway, congrats again.....;)......

Hey DMoore. The Middle of March will be one year for me. The thing is, I used a hypnotism program that I downloaded to my iPhone. I only listened to it once and it worked immediately. It was the best $8.00 I ever spent. I got it here. I got it because it was endorsed by Ewan McGregor who I know to be a pretty stand-up guy. It's a combination of hypnotism, binaural beats and subliminal messaging. Anyways, give it a shot and I hope your mom has the same success I did. It is nothing short of AMAZING.

P.S.

I should also mention that I smoked for 21 years and tried many other methods to quit that never worked for me. This worked immediately. I wish this guy had programs for other things besides weight loss, which I don't need.

Last edited:
Like anything else.. you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.

If she wants to quit, then by all means help her out!
If she doesnt want to.. your waisting your time and going to get frustrated.

I quit for a friggen year and started back up.. its a nasty habbit but also VERY addictiing. Those of you who quit cold turkey are very strong minded..

Ive always lacked self control.. I dnt plan to smoke forever.. but im sure alot of smokers say that.

The perscription stop smoking aid (chantex SP?) ive heard great tings and horrible things.
It works very well, but some ppl have HORRIBLE nightmares on it..

good luck

Sadly, it took my mom heart disease to give it up. I wanted her to do it for a long time... but if there's no will, there's no way.

How i quit

I ended up quitting in a very bizarre way. I smoked for 14 years and i averaged about a pack 1/2 a day. One night I was sittin around havin drinks with a buddy i havent seen in a long and and low and behold b4 the night was threw I smoked about 4 packs. I swear on my life that is no joke. I woke up next morning feeling so sick in the heart that the thought of smoking made me wanna puke. After that incedent i've been smoke free now 1 1/2 years.

Im not saying get more mom shitfaced and force feed her cigarttes, but try to make her grossed out by them somehow

Like anything else.. you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.

If she wants to quit, then by all means help her out!
If she doesnt want to.. your waisting your time and going to get frustrated.

I quit for a friggen year and started back up.. its a nasty habbit but also VERY addictiing. Those of you who quit cold turkey are very strong minded..

Ive always lacked self control.. I dnt plan to smoke forever.. but im sure alot of smokers say that.

The perscription stop smoking aid (chantex SP?) ive heard great tings and horrible things.
It works very well, but some ppl have HORRIBLE nightmares on it..

good luck

two friends of mine, both girls, told me they would vomit all the time while using chantex

The thing about Chantix is that while you are on it, it works. As soon as you are off it, that part of your brain that was clogged up with it is now empty and the cravings come back big time. And the depression...woof. Apparently, it also makes "normal" people do some pretty nutty shit, like jumping out of windows and whatnot...

The thing about Chantix is that while you are on it, it works. As soon as you are off it, that part of your brain that was clogged up with it is now empty and the cravings come back big time. And the depression...woof. Apparently, it also makes "normal" people do some pretty nutty shit, like jumping out of windows and whatnot...

well thats not good....

chantix worked wonders for my cousin... idk about that depression part tho, he never mentioned anything about that

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear