advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Should Parents be made accountable for their overweight children?

Yes! No excuses. Sad parents make so many excuses.

Great topic

IMO parents are responsible for there children's health, education and socialization.
That being said, we as a society still need people to work the cash register at the quickie-mart.
I expect my boys to be fit, athletic, well educated, professional and most importantly happy.
That being said, not everyone can be the captain of the football team, home coming queen or valedictorian.
I embrace my responsibilities as a parent. It is my most important job and I intend to do it well.

absolutely yes. the dangers of obesity are known and well documented. a child doesn't have the mental capacity to understand such things, therefore it is the responsibility of the parents to control their eating habits.

some parents might claim ignorance, that they didn't knowingly intend harm - thats BS

in a court of law ignorance of the law is not an excuse, and ignorance should not be an excuse of parents with obese children

absolutely yes. the dangers of obesity are known and well documented. a child doesn't have the mental capacity to understand such things, therefore it is the responsibility of the parents to control their eating habits.

some parents might claim ignorance, that they didn't knowingly intend harm - thats BS

in a court of law ignorance of the law is not an excuse, and ignorance should not be an excuse of parents with obese children

I've also noticed some moms actually enjoy seeing their kids all fat "chubby". I guess to them it makes them look cuter with rosy cheeks and shit.
I've even seen some family members force feeding their kids telling them they're going to die if they dont eat. It's ridiculous...

Kids are going to eat junk regardless of whether it's at home or at their friends' houses. Parents can control what types of foods they provide for their children, but what is more important is to keep children active. In my opinion computers, video games and tv are making kids fat.

Well, of course parents are responsible. Who's denying that? Should there be intervention or some sort of regulation? Absolutely not.

Sure, then you get child social services called on you if you try to limit how much good your kid eats. All it takes is one comment at school about a parent not allowing a kid to eat, they will exaggerate beyond belief then the school feels responsible to call social servies. Parents are not allowed to discipline their kids in todays society because too many people feel the need to "save the world" and stick their nose where it doesn't belong. Blaming the parents is kind of a sore subject for me. I was playing football with my boy when he was around 8 or 9 and he caught the ball with his face instead of his hands. It left a mark and the next day at school, he was asked about it and didn't really know how it got there. The assholes at school called social services on me!

Last edited:
they are responsible and if I am gonna have to pay more in taxes (socialized health care) cause your fat and your kids are fat they you should pay more!

They have healthier meals in jails, than they do in public schools.

Overweight children is a increasing problem in America. Do you feel parents should be made accountable for this? Parents are the ones buying the food and preparing the meals, I don't understand how a parent could keep feeding a obese child knowing the complications. I refuse to keep junk food in the house. Soda, sweets, and chips are a treat in my house. I refuse to stock unlimited supply of these items. I had a discussion with an overweight guy at work and he questioned my practices. His excuse was soda is very cheap and why not supply it. Only beverages in my house for the most part are tea, milk, and water. About once a month I will buy a few liters of cola and its gone very quickly. I have been curious if I was to supply unlimited junk food what would be the outcome? Would the kids eventually become accustom to having unlimited junk in the house and not eat as much, or would they continue to consume and become obese. Times I feel guilty for not getting Mcdonalds once or twice per week and soda, all their friends get it!... When I take my kids to my aunts house she always have soda and they drink and drink like they are deprived. I always get that look like what the hell.[/U]
Sorry I had to ask and Vent.

You know thats exactly the same situation I have going on @ my home and the same responses also...But I work offshore for 21 day and one week home...When I get home its game time..my sons 9 years old and hes obese because just feed him outrageously...he loves food and I feel thats his downfall....So I have been making him do 50 pushups, scissor kicks, situps and more everyday...he hates me...lol but when he grows up hes going to understand

I used to be a teacher and i didnt really see many fat kids, mostly adults. I think it is their right if they want to be fat. When I was a kid I ate what I wanted, my childhood would have sucked if i was forced to exercise instead of play video games or made to eat salmon and green beans instead of junk.

they are responsible and if I am gonna have to pay more in taxes (socialized health care) cause your fat and your kids are fat they you should pay more!

This is a good point.

Well, of course parents are responsible. Who's denying that? Should there be intervention or some sort of regulation? Absolutely not.

there is already regulation...there have been kids taken from parents because of this as a form of child neglect...kids that were only a few years old and 70lbs and barely take a step..so yes, to a point it is regulated and should be more stringent i think...it is usually when they get to a ridiculous point before anyone govt agency gets involved....whats the difference between not feeding and totally overfeeding...both are horrible for you health and potentially deadly...and not feeding you kid will land you in jail

Overweight children is a increasing problem in America. Do you feel parents should be made accountable for this? Parents are the ones buying the food and preparing the meals, I don't understand how a parent could keep feeding a obese child knowing the complications. I refuse to keep junk food in the house. Soda, sweets, and chips are a treat in my house. I refuse to stock unlimited supply of these items. I had a discussion with an overweight guy at work and he questioned my practices. His excuse was soda is very cheap and why not supply it. Only beverages in my house for the most part are tea, milk, and water. About once a month I will buy a few liters of cola and its gone very quickly. I have been curious if I was to supply unlimited junk food what would be the outcome? Would the kids eventually become accustom to having unlimited junk in the house and not eat as much, or would they continue to consume and become obese. Times I feel guilty for not getting Mcdonalds once or twice per week and soda, all their friends get it!... When I take my kids to my aunts house she always have soda and they drink and drink like they are deprived. I always get that look like what the hell.

Sorry I had to ask and Vent.

Look at it this way, when your kids are teens and they are in good shape and can go out in the summer and like the way they look they will thank you. It's their cousins that will be jealous of your kids then, not the other way around.

It starts with parents using electronics as babysitters, Sitting in front of a screen mindlessly eating does it. Letting kids do phisical play in their first 6 or 7 years will establish good habits, such as eating when they are hungry. I saw this with my own kids. We didn't have a TV with my oldest and he has always been phisicaly active. His younger brother was on his way to couchpotatohood because my sister took pity on us and gave us a TV. When the TV was put inthe garage he started to be active. (He also started reading.)

And neither of them feels deprived, they are both computer nerds.

how is this even a question??

no offence to anyone, but this is why i'm against most people having kids, and this is why i haven't even tried to have kids yet... this is why they are called A BIG RESPONSIBILITY!!!.... they are the parent's responsibility.
everything they do, eat, say, learn... etc is the responsibility of the parent until they become INDEPENDENT!!!
one of the reasons i still haven't tried to have children is because i'm soft... if a kid looks at me with puppy eyes, i'd give him whatever he/she wants... and this is really bad.
parents today (most that i see... including some of my friends) aren't soft, but instead they are irresponsible... they don't know that that kid is their responsibility and even what they feed him when he/she's 12 is their responsibility.

back to the topic... just as a parent can spend time with a kid teaching him stuff, and molding him into a genius, he can also mold him into learning healthy eating habbits no matter what "peer pressure" he faces...

If the parent can't protect his child against "society", he's not ready for a kid... sadly, i see most parents epicly fail at this and i would advise them not to have any children until they learn their responsiblity towards them...

having kids isn't a right, it's a privilege.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
nohara5216
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws