over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT Linkin Park lead singer Committed Suicide

:)

Yeah, it's that simple...he was just selfish. No other layers to it than that...:rolleyes: What a small minded comment.

When it comes down to it - yes it really is that simple.

Be a man and deal with your problems.

If you have 6 children and kill yourself you are a pathetic coward. You have put yourself above all of those who you created and who are dependant on you.

If you have 6 children and kill yourself you are a pathetic coward. You have put yourself above all of those who you created and who are dependant on you.

I pray for people like yourself. Life is not black and white. No one knows the pain someone feels. In Chesters case he was assaulted several times as a boy growing up. Listening to Chris Cornell helped him get through his troubled childhood and inspired him to speak about his pain through music. It's not a coincidence he killed himself on Chris's Birthday. For some emotional, sexual and physical trauma are too much for many to deal with. Hopefully these types of situations never cross you or your families paths, for that I pray for you.

you don't have a fucking clue what yo are talking about.

i like how he's the coward when you'e the one speaking ill of the dead

you don't have a fucking clue what yo are talking about.

i like how he's the coward when you'e the one speaking ill of the dead

Do you know what coward even means? Coward: a person who is contemptibly lacking in the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.

How can he not be held in contempt for deserting his 6 children?

i have alot of experience of suicide and addiction. It irks me when some stupid little kid like yourself starts saying things like "you don't know what you are talking about" when you know literally nothing about me.

I get that it is sad someone has died.

But the facts are still the same this man had 6 children who depended on him and rather than deal with his problems, he took the selfish escape route of suicide. He has ruined his children's lives and he should have put that above his own depression and been a man.

Do you know what coward even means? Coward: a person who is contemptibly lacking in the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.

i have alot of experience of suicide and addiction. It irks me when some stupid little kid like yourself starts saying things like "you don't know what you are talking about" when you know literally nothing about me.

But the facts are still the same this man had 6 children who depended on him and rather than deal with his problems, he took the selfish escape route of suicide. He has ruined his children's lives and he should have put that above his own depression and been a man.

That's obviously bullshit! If you truly had experience dealing with people that were struggling with depression and/or mental illness, you wouldn't make such short sighted and small minded comments. You make it sound like it was just a nonchalant decision to take his life and leave his children as well as other family and friends behind. To say it's based on pure selfishness and not an emotional/mental health issue shows how ignorant you truly are!

Go find another thread to enlighten people.

ok well here's an anecdote for you.. just so i can get an idea of where you're coming from.

a buddy of mine had a wife and kids.. house with a white picket fence.. etc.

everything was great. he and his wife got along wonderfully.

then she divorced him. she probably got the tingles for someone else or whatever.

she documented his steroid usage, and used that in court to paint him as an abusive, roid-raging maniac who was a danger to his children.

she got a restraining order, full custody, and the house.. he wasn't allowed near his children, since they were with their mother who had a restraining order and full custody.

so in one fell swoop, he went from on top of the world, to barely being able to afford a can of beans to eat, in a shit apartment with bars in the window.

between alimony, child support, and the mortgage on the house that he wasn't allowed in... that his ex-wife was moving some other man into...he had nothing.

wasn't long before he took his own life.

was he a coward?

do you think i should have told him to "man up and deal with it"?

ok well here's an anecdote for you.. just so i can get an idea of where you're coming from.

then she divorced him. she probably got the tingles for someone else or whatever.

she documented his steroid usage, and used that in court to paint him as an abusive, roid-raging maniac who was a danger to his children.

she got a restraining order, full custody, and the house.. he wasn't allowed near his children, since they were with their mother who had a restraining order and full custody.

so in one fell swoop, he went from on top of the world, to barely being able to afford a can of beans to eat, in a shit apartment with bars in the window.

between alimony, child support, and the mortgage on the house that he wasn't allowed in... that his ex-wife was moving some other man into...he had nothing.

was he a coward?

yes I do think you should of told him that. you know how many guys go thru that shit everyday? a lot and they don't kill themselves.

yes I do think you should of told him that

That's obviously bullshit! If you truly had experience dealing with people that were struggling with depression and/or mental illness, you wouldn't make such short sighted and small minded comments. You make it sound like it was just a nonchalant decision to take his life and leave his children as well as other family and friends behind. To say it's based on pure selfishness and not an emotional/mental health issue shows how ignorant you truly are!

Go find another thread to enlighten people.

My friend walked in on his dad swinging from the ceiling when he was 17. I have a cousin who hanged himself who had a young son. I know of (friend of friend) 3 people who at different times have jumped in front of trains. I have close relatives with mental health problems that mean they cannot work. I also have close family members who have ruined their lives and their families lives through alcohol.

I know plenty buddy :) no need for you to be so directly rude to me.

If you have children (and this man had 6) you do not desert them no matter how bad your life has become. If you do, you are not a real man, you are a coward.

was he a coward?

Of course you should have told him to deal with it. Many millions of people have gone through equally bad situations or worse.

You are suggesting I am being flippant about all this with your use of "man up"

I'm not. My opinion is pretty straightforward to follow: if you have children/dependents then under no circumstances is it ever acceptable to end your own life.

Of course you should have told him to deal with it. Many millions of people have gone through equally bad situations or worse.

I'm not. My opinion is pretty straightforward to follow: if you have children/dependents then under no circumstances is it ever acceptable to end your own life.

I agree!!

Sad to hear this about anyone really famous or joe blow from the street.

Sad that the person committing suicide sees it as the only way out, and from some writings in the mental community it is said they feel a sense of relief when they finally make that decision to end it all (from those that attempted suicide and lived to tell about it.)

It is sad to that people with so much money and so famous have no one to turn to, all in all we put them on a pedestal and assume they are happy when in fact they are all human and just like us in real life.

there was time in my life I lost my career for a year and it was the happiest I ever was pretty much dead broke and living off credit cards and PT training but living my bodybuilding dream 24/7 and times when I had more $$ that what I knew what to do with a great job with benefits and at my lowest point emotionally somewhat many years ago, it taught me an important lesson about happiness and where we are at during different times of our life.

im not saying what he did was right. im saying that it's not right to talk shit about these people.

i suppose we will just have to agree to disagree... but i will say this

i hope you guys never fall from your ivory towers

im not saying what he did was right. im saying that it's not right to talk shit about these people.

Listen to you, wow! So if we do fall from our "ivory towers" will we tie a rope around our necks? I dont think so. I guess people handle things different but suicide should never be a option, especially with kids. I get that these people are mentally sick but there is always help, if you want it. Most of us have been thru shit that can cause suicidal thoughts, i know i have. Now you have a big heart LS?

This is certainly sad and tragic, I can't even imagine how much pain someone must be in that would lead them to suicide as a way to escape. I hope his family and loved ones find a way to cope.

Listen to you, wow! So if we do fall from our "ivory towers" will we tie a rope around our necks? I dont think so. I guess people handle things different but suicide should never be a option, especially with kids. I get that these people are mentally sick but there is always help, if you want it. Most of us have been thru shit that can cause suicidal thoughts, i know i have. Now you have a big heart LS?

i never said suicide is an option.

i just can't believe that you and brutus are talking shit on guys who felt completely hopeless and at the end of their ropes..

mental illness runs in my family, and i'll be damned if i act like i know what my family members are going through.

maybe im just weird.. but where im from, we look at situations like this and say 'damn.. what an awful tragedy'

not 'wow, what a coward'

should these guys have killed themselves? no.. but maybe instead of passing condemnation and judgment, we can try to have a little understanding that we have no idea what demons they were battling.

^

This.

You guys saying he behaved like a "coward" :rolleyes: for he left 6 kids and a wife behind him imply he acted as if he didn't give a fuck about them... what a stupid thing to say... don't you realize the state of profound despair he must have been in to STILL decide to take the plunge knowing so many counted on him? There's only so much time one can hang in... I bet the guy fighted for months/years to NOT kill himself PRECISELY to spare his family... until living became so unbearable that he found no other choice to relieve his pain.

If you've never experienced yourself what true mental suffering/depression is, you really shouldn't allow yourself to comment on someone else's misery. Sorrow, I mean intense sorrow, is a horrible thing... when this existence loses the slighest interest in your eyes, believe me, kid or not, it's incredibly tough to not commit the irreparable.

Don't judge people when you've not gone through the same path.

there is always help, if you want it.

That's precisely the thing... at some point, you don't want it anymore... life just looks POINTLESS... so why carrying on?

^

This.

You guys saying he behaved like a "coward" :rolleyes: for he left 6 kids and a wife behind him imply he acted as if he didn't give a fuck about them... what a stupid thing to say... don't you realize the state of profound despair he must have been in to STILL decide to take the plunge knowing so many counted on him? There's only so much time one can hang in... I bet the guy fighted for months/years to NOT kill himself PRECISELY to spare his family... until living became so unbearable that he found no other choice to relieve his pain.

If you've never experienced yourself what true mental suffering/depression is, you really shouldn't allow yourself to comment on someone else's misery. Sorrow, I mean intense sorrow, is a horrible thing... when this existence loses the slighest interest in your eyes, believe me, kid or not, it's incredibly tough to not commit the irreparable.

Don't judge people when you've not gone through the same path.

real talk.

and im not defending the guys actions... at all.

but nobody act like he left his kids destitute

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311