over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT shootfighting vs grappling

dragonfire101

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Started shootfighting last week. It seems more intense than the grappling i was taking. Lots more conditioning with the Muay Thai/bjj in the shootfighting Im taking. It could just be the instructor. He will be trying out for the UFC Nov. 30 and has fought in the cages before. I think he is kind of conditioning himself. The classes are just as intense as my wrestling days. He is pretty experienced.The grappling i took was more jeet kun do for striking, and some bjj, sombo and judo.

I like the hand striking better in the jeet kun do , but the kicking with the muay thai better. I have to kind of change up alot of my hand striking now. I learned alot with ths insructor in 1st weeks time with the bjj.

found shootfighting to be a lot more challenging

ya, I find it I am geting kicked more often in shootfighting and have to more catious of a smaller opponant.

Well , I have done alot of both and I perfer shootfighting as well . I like the knee bars and ankle subs in shootfighting , because most BBJ guys tend neglect them and thier counters . Also being an agressive attack pressure type fighter, I like the M T knees and elbows much more and they seem to compliment my agressive style . BBJ definately has a better game once you are on your back and I like thier side control game better as well ....The bottom line is conditioning makes a breaks a fighter ..........many lesser guys win on better condtioning and heart alone ........Shoot , I can play with just about anyone [ athlectically , power , technique ] but if I was to fight a lesser in shape guy right now .........I would be done inside a minute [ and it would be ugly ....lol ] You have the fastest car in the world but If there is no gas in it you arent going to beat anyone ......lol ........focus on basic techniques that compliment your gifts and condition your your ass off ........this will give the confidence to walk through just about anyone no matter what style ...........JKD made in IMO .....absorb what is useful .........and remember fatique makes cowards of us all ..............goodluck in your training stay healthy and train to compliment who you are ..............

I fight for a shootfighting team and I love it. I am out Of MIchigan. what state are yyou from. I prob have fought you if you are in the 220lbs range.

Attachments

• logo_teamshoot.gif
    logo_teamshoot.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 225
but if I was to fight a lesser in shape guy right now .........I would be done inside a minute

Tell me about it. I can take submit eveyone in my class in less than 2 min accept my instructor because of his condtioning and I realy have to work to get things on him. Of course his skill level is higher than mine, but he is an ex marine and still runs 10 miles every morning at 5am. I rolling out of bed and geting m fatass to work to sit at my desk.

Tapout, your PM's are full, been trying to PM ya bro.

I have a mixed type training from when I was a kid, never anything too serious just enough to not get my ass kicked all the time. My questions is I want to take my daughter to a class and maybe her and I can train at the same place. She is 4 I dont know if that is a little too young or not also maybe thinking of starting with judo then maybe bjj any ideas would be good thanks in advance.

dont want her to be a lezbo bull dyke but I do want her to have a background in something so later on in life she is confident.

LEX said:
dont want her to be a lezbo bull dyke but I do want her to have a background in something so later on in life she is confident.

That is a great idea. You know what else I notice is great for kids, gymnastics. I know a few friends that have taken there kids and it seems that these kids adjust better when entering jr/sr high. There old coach is my best friend and she has a daughter that was in it and has done wonders for her. Sorry to jack the thread, just wanted to share that I thought Lex has a great idea for his kid.

That is a great idea too gymnastics we are thinking about that one too, i am just hate those fucking strip mall karate dojos that are just pure crap and teach the kids nothing NOTHING> Iam gonna go check out a bbj place here and see if they have kids programs. if not gymnastics is next...thanks A

Im a social worker for my state any if I could, I usually pay for kids to join any type of basic karate school if they want. They learn the basisc of punching, kicking ,blocking etc. It teaches them discipline and rules in something they like to do. That there are guidelines in all aspects of like and expected bouderies and bahaviors.
The school I use in my area is great because it works with the school the child is in and if the children misbehaves in school it is adressed in class through non-partipation in special activities in that class that day such as not being allowed to spar for that day.

My take

Well here is what I think about Karate...
It is BULLSHIT in real life. I used to get excited when I knew I was fighting a karate or Tae Kwon Do (Take one's Dough) guy. I would get relieved a little, knowing it was gonna be an easier fight if one at all lol. This was at the time when us wrestlers were starting to make a rise in MMA and basically eliminating karate and such in the sport. My FIRST fight as an amatuer I fought a black belt who was "9-0" ooohhh anyhow in 1:29 he was on the floor, bleeding from several places on his face and his leg was mangled. He was still concious and the ref was just watching -- one of the judges was Randy Coulture!! This was in Portland BTW. Anyhow the guy could not even tap out because he did not know where he was. His corner threw in the towel as I punished him some more. This was the last fight of the evening and the action just started....apparantly someone in the upper seating threw a fit for what I did to the guy and started screaming all sorts of shit.. I could not hear him because the other fans were so damn loud and trying to touch me or pat me anywhere they could... I had just got out of the ring, with a lot of blood on me and all I wanted to do was locate my coach and teammates and then head backstage. CHECK THIS: That same guy yelling insighted a fucking riot, and next thing I know a ring girl is clinging to my arm as 3 seperate brawls (not fights, BRAWLS) take place all around me. It was total chaos, I looked over to where Randy was sitting and he was surrounded by a bunch of wrestlers who were all scrapping (I later found out some guy and his pals made some very lewd comments to Randy's wife, then got a little grab happy) so shit is hitting the fan over on that side of the arena, I cannot even get there because of the panicing mobs of people. The ring girl is screaming for her friends who are also lost in the sea of madness, and right behind me is another 8-10 man brawl. Here I am still trying to get my wind back, the guy I fought is clearly fucked, and his corner is yelling shit etc.

Well I finally just started walking straight for the exit, which meant right thru another fight. Beer bottles were breaking, a few chairs were in the air from the judges booth, I mean it was like roadhouse lol! Funny thing is that when I approached the door I yelled in kind of a tough way: "get the fuck out of my way or I will one time every sinlge one of you" they ACTUALLY paid attention, hell I thought I was about to go to war and I figured I would probably take two or three down with me, but then I was a goner...But in the heat of battle I was ready to warrior up to anything. Still fighting and rolling around on the ground, they parted a little path for me (because there were TONS of onlookers watching these fights take place, and occasionally sneaking kicks in) and I walked right out the door, every single person just avoided me like I was a plague lol! I think maybe my extreme violence may have influenced all these crazy people, but one thing they new was I was nothing but a trip to the hospital for them! HA!

Anyhow to address the thread again, Karate actually will fuck a kid all up, it will not teach them how to throw a punch correctly whatsoever. Have you ever seen how blackbelts etc throw punches? Fucking joke.

Now wrestling, BBJ WAAAAY better IMO.
Also gymnastics is GREAT for kids. Why? Because it develops body control and balance, TWO of the major factors that make good athletes good. Also gives them flexibility which reduces injury.
Sorry for the story could not help it...IT is all I think about when I think of Karate. I have another story of a fight I had w/ a karate guy -- if you want to hear it.

Ivan,
thanks my thoughts exactly and coming from u cements it. sorry to jack the tread dragon.

Anyhow to address the thread again, Karate actually will fuck a kid all up, it will not teach them how to throw a punch correctly whatsoever.

I agree with taking karate is not practical for self denfense I was talking more about the social impact it has on developing discipline and social skills for children since ,most kartae schools for children are kind of team based.

Im my fisrt thread I talk about how the shooting fightong class use a differnt typ of striking, which is kind of Tae Kwon Do based. I hate it and dont even like going through the drills. I like the JKD boxing style alot better with crosses, upercuts hooks, etc.

Gymnnastic and wrestling is not really and option in my area. Its inner city. We usually sign up kids for karate for for social skills and disipline as parents are accepatable of it. We do have a city boxing club, which boys over 12 can join, which usually what happens once they reach that age.

Last edited:
Taken from another site:

"The video is Fabricio Pereira (Cinturon Negro BJJ) vs Cristobal Garcia (Cinturon Negro Karate Shotokan). It may have been a challenge match but it doesn't say.

Enjoy - Turn up the sound, there's a nasty snap at the end."

**broken link removed**

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner