over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Over Analyzation...geez

Anything over 350+ on back day I strap but I double overhand. So I'll just question your reasoning. If you can't get as deep why add more weight until you can? I know what the body goes through from that amount of weight I see it all the time locally at my gym. So does adding that much more weight aid in the the development in your opinion as opposed to dropping the weight and getting better ROM? Don't you think the body has a strength curve, if you train it for that specific rom, once you are out of that ROM you are weaker. I was always taught to address your weaknesses.

You see it all the time? ( you crack me up!!!) And to answer your question, yes his ROM was fine for aiding in development. If your a bodybuilder and not a powerlifter, maybe you should hire this guy to show you how to develop you quads.

Anything over 350+ on back day I strap but I double overhand. So I'll just question your reasoning. If you can't get as deep why add more weight until you can? I know what the body goes through from that amount of weight I see it all the time locally at my gym. So does adding that much more weight aid in the the development in your opinion as opposed to dropping the weight and getting better ROM? Don't you think the body has a strength curve, if you train it for that specific rom, once you are out of that ROM you are weaker. I was always taught to address your weaknesses.
This topic is like arguing about diet methods. What works for some just doesn't work for others. Why do certain people look at every topic/issue as being I'm right and your wrong. There are certain things that there are absolutes about and for others there aren't.

Well

So by your theory static holds do not cause hypertrophy? 1/4, 1/2, 1/3, even 9/10 reps are inferior to full range reps? What is your definition of a full range rep? I think it is a matter of sermantics here.......maybe you should pick up an muscle chart and describe what muscles you are targeting.

You see it all the time? ( you crack me up!!!) And to answer your question, yes his ROM was fine for aiding in development. If your a bodybuilder and not a powerlifter, maybe you should hire this guy to show you how to develop you quads.

I'll just say I'm at a gym full of NPC athletes and competitive lifters. The whole point of what I originally said was if he had more ROM(if it was possible for him) he would have more development, maybe not in his specific target area but all around.

So by your theory static holds do not cause hypertrophy? 1/4, 1/2, 1/3, even 9/10 reps are inferior to full range reps? What is your definition of a full range rep? I think it is a matter of sermantics here.......maybe you should pick up an muscle chart and describe what muscles you are targeting.

I love how you get so defensive. Of course static holds CAN cause hypertrophy but then again you could say time under tension, total volume etc.. do also. My definition of a full rep would be going deep as possible(as far as a squat or Leg press goes with as good form as possible.). I guess I could argue my own questions with the fact everyone is different, limb length bone structure, fiber type, joint size etc... If I don't question things someone else has to :D

This topic is like arguing about diet methods. What works for some just doesn't work for others. Why do certain people look at every topic/issue as being I'm right and your wrong. There are certain things that there are absolutes about and for others there aren't.

Thats the one thing about training. There is no set method for anything right? Well how can one say a 3 day split is definitive over a 5 day split? ;)

If it works, it works. What Ronnie does might not work for Jay, what I do might not work for Billy Bob over there. But when you look at a guy that big and go "damn, he isn't doing it right, loser"....well....

I don't go all the way on leg press but go as far as I can. Went too far once and hurt my hip. Never again. I'll take a slight decrease (that might be arguable) in performance for my safety and health.

Respectfully.....

I'll just say I'm at a gym full of NPC athletes and competitive lifters. The whole point of what I originally said was if he had more ROM(if it was possible for him) he would have more development, maybe not in his specific target area but all around.

if he had more strength he would be bigger and yes he could have more ROM......IF........IF IF iF if if if ifi if .........let it go man

fuck full ROM... that's just for pussies who want to go to the big guy in the gym squatting 600+ and say "you know it doesn't count... cuz you're not even going to parallel... pfff... my 135 lb squat puts more stress on the muscle... you just aren't doing it right and that's why you can lift 4 times what i can... it's not real muscle"

LOL...

I started growing much better when i quit this full ROM crap... if you can handle 1000 lbs for 60-70% of the ROM and only 600 lbs for 100%, wouldn't you think you'd be robbing 70% of your muscles for the sake of those 30% that can do the weight? it should be the other way around...
and if you believe you won't get full development that way, i'm sure you're one of the people who still believe that doing concentration curls will give you a bicep peak like ruhl.

I started growing much better when i quit this full ROM crap... if you can handle 1000 lbs for 60-70% of the ROM and only 600 lbs for 100%, wouldn't you think you'd be robbing 70% of your muscles for the sake of those 30% that can do the weight? it should be the other way around...
and if you believe you won't get full development that way, i'm sure you're one of the people who still believe that doing concentration curls will give you a bicep peak like ruhl.

I don't know as far as growth goes, but for knee and back safety alone, 600lb squats to depth are better than 1000lb quarter squats (though a 600lb full squat is more like a 700-750lb half squat). When you get up to that kind of weight, safety is everything. I'm only up to a 560 full squat myself, but I cringe even thinking of how my knees would feel if I did even a single high intensity quarter squat set.

I don't know as far as growth goes, but for knee and back safety alone, 600lb squats to depth are better than 1000lb quarter squats (though a 600lb full squat is more like a 700-750lb half squat). When you get up to that kind of weight, safety is everything. I'm only up to a 560 full squat myself, but I cringe even thinking of how my knees would feel if I did even a single high intensity quarter squat set.

for me... anything even close to parallel, let alone below, hurts the shit outta my knees. same with bench, if i let the bar touch my chest, my shoulders kill me.

I'm only up to 495lbs for a parrellel squat, but 585 for 3/4 squat feel alot safer to me.

There we go anybody's different :D

I'm only up to 495lbs for a parrellel squat, but 585 for 3/4 squat feel alot safer to me.

There we go anybody's different :D

Same boat as you eroc. And the funny thing is, my legs grow better on the 3/4 squats.

Now on to db006, i thought your form looked great and you are moving a shit ton of weight. Either he is telling you to decrease the size of your abdomen or get smaller legs so your ROM is not limited by these two factors.

This reminds me of the usually posted on a youtube vid clip. fucking hilarious.

BTW thank PHIL for bringing some brevity to the thread and DB006 I was impressed with the video please post up more.

I love how you get so defensive. Of course static holds CAN cause hypertrophy but then again you could say time under tension, total volume etc.. do also. My definition of a full rep would be going deep as possible(as far as a squat or Leg press goes with as good form as possible.). I guess I could argue my own questions with the fact everyone is different, limb length bone structure, fiber type, joint size etc... If I don't question things someone else has to :D

That's really funny because you just made the point I was originally trying to make that everyone is different structurally. Some can do full ROM with no problems, for others its just not physically possible without risk of injury.

True story that is a bit off topic but basically a lot like this thread. In my stores we keep bodybuilding video's playing on the TV's and one day I had a trainer in the store watching a Ronnie video. After watching Ronnie Front Squat 565 lbs he looks at me and says "His core is weak or he wouldn't need that belt." I almost laughed out loud listening to a guy under 180 lbs telling me that the 300 lb monster front squating just under 600 lbs needs to get his core stronger.

Sorry but this thread reminded me of that.

AMEN!

fuck full ROM... that's just for pussies who want to go to the big guy in the gym squatting 600+ and say "you know it doesn't count... cuz you're not even going to parallel... pfff... my 135 lb squat puts more stress on the muscle... you just aren't doing it right and that's why you can lift 4 times what i can... it's not real muscle"

LOL...

Rack this friggin post and put it up as a sticky!!!!! RIGHT ON!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member