over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Over Analyzation...geez

utex45

Newbies
I just don't get it sometimes. Dave, does 1600 on the leg press and you have people critiquing because they don't like his ROM. Okay look at his legs it is obviously working for him. I don't go all the way down either because my hips aren't flexible enough and they come off the pad which puts my lower back at risk. Somebody else might be able to but I can't.

My point is that I see so much overanalysis, this is not rocket science. Lift heavy, rest, eat big and grow. What works for me, doesn't work for others. I just think sometimes we make this too complicated. I think DC has it right when he talks about how a lot of folks overanalyze things. I used to be that way, and you know what when I simplified everything I started to grow like a MF.

Caveat, I am not a pro nor do I play one on TV so refinement once you reach your potential is a lot different animal. But for most of us its not that complicated but we are always looking for the magic pill, exercise, diet, etc.

The Max-OT Workout routine and the theories that go along with it simplify everything for you and it reprograms your mind to not overanalyze bodybuilding, this just came to my mind when I read the thread and it reminded me of this. Most people might not like the program/routine but there is some good stuff in the articles about it that simplify things a lot and makes you think.

I just don't get it sometimes. Dave, does 1600 on the leg press and you have people critiquing because they don't like his ROM. Okay look at his legs it is obviously working for him. I don't go all the way down either because my hips aren't flexible enough and they come off the pad which puts my lower back at risk. Somebody else might be able to but I can't.

My point is that I see so much overanalysis, this is not rocket science. Lift heavy, rest, eat big and grow. What works for me, doesn't work for others. I just think sometimes we make this too complicated. I think DC has it right when he talks about how a lot of folks overanalyze things. I used to be that way, and you know what when I simplified everything I started to grow like a MF.

Caveat, I am not a pro nor do I play one on TV so refinement once you reach your potential is a lot different animal. But for most of us its not that complicated but we are always looking for the magic pill, exercise, diet, etc.

depends at what level you are.

When you are really pushing your body's potential to grow then you have to analyze most things because its not that simple anymore.

So your excuse for not coming all the way down has to do with your inability to stretch your hip flexors? Do you squat parallel at least? These underlying issues that keep you doing things that you could be doing are going to get you injured down the road. Tight hip flexors, weak hammies, weak glutes.

Funny

We have PROFESSIONALS on here.........NATIONAL FINALISTS on here........and the peanut gallery is telling us how to do leg presses..........that form was awesome......go ask and physical therapist how to do leg presses or an exercise phys guy.......you guys slay me.

We have PROFESSIONALS on here.........NATIONAL FINALISTS on here........and the peanut gallery is telling us how to do leg presses..........that form was awesome......go ask and physical therapist how to do leg presses or an exercise phys guy.......you guys slay me.
Exactly..... what a tool!!!

So your excuse for not coming all the way down has to do with your inability to stretch your hip flexors? Do you squat parallel at least? These underlying issues that keep you doing things that you could be doing are going to get you injured down the road. Tight hip flexors, weak hammies, weak glutes.

No my inability has to do with how I am genetically built. Its not an excuse its about not doing something that's going to end up probably injuring me. Squat and leg press are not even the least bit similar biomechanically.:rolleyes:

Well said...

most physical therapists have never touched a weight in their lives, don't understand proper human biomechanics and usually work with people 50+ who are completely deconditioned. I've seen many pt's put grandpa and grandma on the leg press and have them do 2" ROM.

No my inability has to do with how I am genetically built. Its not an excuse its about not doing something that's going to end up probably injuring me. Squat and leg press are not even the least bit similar biomechanically.:rolleyes:

You arn't born with tight hip flexors dude. Do you sit at a desk all day?

Yes

most physical therapists have never touched a weight in their lives, don't understand proper human biomechanics and usually work with people 50+ who are completely deconditioned. I've seen many pt's put grandpa and grandma on the leg press and have them do 2" ROM.

And most posers on the internet who profess to know it all have bodies that look like doggie doo doo compared to an IFBB pro or an NPC top 10 guy who leg presses a so called 2" range of motion.

However there are several out there that are really good at what they do and would be able to understand the range of motion needed. Dave Candy is an IFBB pro and also a physical therapist and I'm sure he knows what he is doing.

This thread has the potential of becoming a classic.

You may have also noticed that Dave's left shoe was tighter than his right which is also a party foul.

i used to think about what form i should be using when squatting - think about it too much. it never felt right to me.

one day i observed my nephew playing with some other kids with there little cars, zooming them all over the driveway in a pretend race. every one of them squatted the exact same way.

it dawned on me that they do not think about squatting down at all, not one thought whatsoever - they just do whats natural for their bodies. i began doing my squats the same way - wide and deep below parallel - no bouncing. i love squatting now i go deep and i am stronger than i have ever been, my legs look bigger and i feel totally balanced.

And most posers on the internet who profess to know it all have bodies that look like doggie doo doo compared to an IFBB pro or an NPC top 10 guy who leg presses a so called 2" range of motion.

I never said homesauce has 2" range of motion, I said the old people in most physical therapy offices. Being a top 10 NPC or IFBB pro has a lot to do with genetics, no matter how dedicated you are and no matter what the hell you take it wont do shit if you don't have the right frame or genetics to compete.

I respectfully disagree a bit. Just because a person isn't a pro doesn't mean that the person doesn't know proper form or proper training methods.

I never said homesauce has 2" range of motion, I said the old people in most physical therapy offices. Being a top 10 NPC or IFBB pro has a lot to do with genetics, no matter how dedicated you are and no matter what the hell you take it wont do shit if you don't have the right frame or genetics to compete.

Dude I would just leave this thread alone, if I were you. I had a long post wrote, but I left it and it got timed out. And my lazy ass didn't re-write it.
But here's the thing people that have the expirence of lifting that kind of weight, like myself, understand the amount of pressure your body is under at 1600lbs, 800-900lbs isn't even close to the same stress/pressure. Until you get under that amount &/or more your not going to understand.

I myself have pulled/strained my grion 3 diffirent times trying to go deeper. That being just one of many reasons a lifter has to worry about with that kind of weight. And you learn each reason with expirence.
Your probably a guy that doesn't use straps for Back day either, huh? If you don't understand why I'm asking the that question, then you it's proof that your not going to get it.

You arn't born with tight hip flexors dude. Do you sit at a desk all day?

Tell that to my daughter, dude, who is a national level volleyball player at 5'2. She has the same issues I due with her hip flexors and she trains all year and plays 9 months out of the year. We are short people with small frames, not going to argue about hip flexor flexibility, but I can tell you that my daughter works with one of the top atheletic trainers in the area and they have worked on flexibility and you can only get so far with what you are born with.

If you look at his youtube vids he squats realy ass to grass with heavy weight, so i´m sure he go as deep in the leg press as his stomach and thick thighs allow him

Dude I would just leave this thread alone, if I were you. I had a long post wrote, but I left it and it got timed out. And my lazy ass didn't re-write it.
But here's the thing people that have the expirence of lifting that kind of weight, like myself, understand the amount of pressure your body is under at 1600lbs, 800-900lbs isn't even close to the same stress/pressure. Until you get under that amount &/or more your not going to understand.

I myself have pulled/strained my grion 3 diffirent times trying to go deeper. That being just one of many reasons a lifter has to worry about with that kind of weight. And you learn each reason with expirence.
Your probably a guy that doesn't use straps for Back day either, huh? If you don't understand why I'm asking the that question, then you it's proof that your not going to get it.

Anything over 350+ on back day I strap but I double overhand. So I'll just question your reasoning. If you can't get as deep why add more weight until you can? I know what the body goes through from that amount of weight I see it all the time locally at my gym. So does adding that much more weight aid in the the development in your opinion as opposed to dropping the weight and getting better ROM? Don't you think the body has a strength curve, if you train it for that specific rom, once you are out of that ROM you are weaker. I was always taught to address your weaknesses.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws