over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

PAIN FROM SCIATIC NERVE

elings

Registered
ANYBODY EVER HAVE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR SCIATIC NERVE . IF SO WHAT DID YOU DO TO RELEIVE THE PAIN AND HOW DID YOU GET IT TO GO AWAY.
IS THERE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN DO TO KEEP IT FROM GETTING AGGREVAITED AGAIN?

several treatments with my chiropractor most definitely helped me. I had a bulging disk which was pushing on my sciatic nerve, if you decide to go that route, stay consistent with your visits and you'll be back to normal in no time.

Inversion Table! I bought one from dicks for $250 with a 300 lb weight limit and I have not had anymore back problems. Plus, it made me taller :)

Dude, I gotta say, you are one of the few members of this board that brings something relevant to nearly every one of your posts. I really appreciate the effort you put into some of these, and I found this one particularly useful at this particular point in time.

I had "sciatica" about a year and a half ago.

First and only time I have felt this type of pain. Scary.

It just appeared, spontaneously, after getting out of bed one
morning, and walking up a short steep hill to go to work.
Then bam!, it hit me.

The pain waxed and waned, sometimes bordering on
debilitating. I stretched, got sport massages, OTC pain
relievers, heating pads, ice, etc . . . nothing seemed to
help, make it better, or worse.

The therapist I saw (it felt worse after treatment) said
I should consider myself fortunate, some people she has
treated could barely walk. Now, mine wasn't that bad, I could
and did still work out but I had to be very careful of sudden
movements (that would trigger it), but it sure hurt like hell,
and the pain, tingling, running down my leg was a totally
new sensation, one I hope I never have again.

Then, as quickly as it arrived, it went away. Presto. Magic.

Can only tell you what happened to me and suggest that
you try and figure out that isn't caused by something structural
that you could make worse by neglect or overuse.

If you haven't checked these out, a couple of good links I think:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sciatic_nerve
http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/sciatica/what-you-need-know-about-sciatica
http://www.medicinenet.com/sciatica/article.htm

I'm sure there are others. Hope this helps and you find relief.

Yep! it can be very upsetting

I had this in 98 and it did come out of no where. I would be standing in one place and try to move and my back would lock up or the pain would shoot down my leg all the way to the tops of my feet. I tried almost everything under the sun. After having an MRI done I found out that the S-1 nerve was being pinched so bad they had to cut me open. Took 7 months to recover from that one............then in 2001 had same troubles but worse. I fell at a job I was working at the time. Ended up blowing out what was left of my L-5 and the L-4 so again had to be opened up but this time through the front. I have a double fussion to that area where the did an experimental surgery at the time and they put a human cadaver bone in place where the discs and vertb's were. Since then I have not had that much of a problem. Once in awhile have to take pain meds or do some heavy stretching. But I'm GTG now! If you have to get surgery done please think long and hard. They say once they start at the bottom it works its way up. Not trying to scare you but get a GOOD doctor and do the background on him as well. Hope this helps

much respect
SK

Several trips to chiropractor. Bought an inversion table and put it at my office. I am considering buying one of those tables the chiropractors have that you lay on that basically runs a "cam" up your spine. It also gave a lot of relief. BTW I used to sit on a tennis ball as relief also. (Please save rude comments):D

as mentioned above, stretching & traction will be your biggest help. Also check with some massage. Often the piriformis muscle will spasm & constrict the sciatic nerve, giving you a buttload (ha) of discomfort.

Focus on Piriformis muscle

in approx 30-40% of people the sciatic nerve travels directly THROUGH the piriformis(me inlcluded)....

as soon as the piriformis becomes overly tight it pinches and torques the sciatic nerve...

for many the UNDERLYING cause of piriformis over activity is "lower crossed syndrome" ie tight hip flexors, inhibited non firing glutes,, which forces hams and piriformis to over work and tighten... also look for slightly inwardly rotated femurs and outward pointing feet.

for myself the best strategy to fix this is to do glute activation exercises (supine bridge), hip flexor and hamstring PNF stretches twice daily...

Also, massage then foam rollling once you can tolerate it...

OF COURSE the other possible cause is some type of pathological lumbar impingement..

Option A is easier to fix... hope you feeling better soon bro

Elings do you have a pain in your buttocks? You know JT does a great job on massaging buttocks. :D

I had sciatic pain so bad at some points that the shooting pain down my ass to my leg would cause me to nearly fall over. At this point I prety much changed my entire philosophy of working out heavy and hard.

1. I had extremely strict form with fairly light weights. I stopped doing regular squats and deadlifts, replaced them with rack deadlifts and front squats(front squats force perfect form and prevent you from leaning forward and puting excess stress on your lower back).

2. I stopped using knee wraps and weight belt. I always thought they were helping me, but I feel like they took stress off of specific joints and increased stress on other joints. I also had hip pain at the time which went away when I stopped using these.

3. Bought a stiff bed! you would be surprised how much your bed can affect your back. When I went to a stiffer bed it was like a miracle all pain was gone.

FULLBELLY THANKS FOR THE ADVICE I WILL GIVE IT A TRY.

CB11 I WILL HAVE TOO TRY A STIFFER BED. MINE IS A SOFT MEMORY FOAM BED AND IS NOT COMFY AT ALL. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws