over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Peaking and Diuretics question

I’m sure it’s very case to case, but how does one fill out properly with electrolytes after a diuretic?
That’s very individual and something you should hire a coach for IMO. I have many protocols from top coaches but no two are the same.

I’ll let someone else on here answer that or dive into it if they want to. It’s the riskiest part of the game IMO.

There are some good threads on here with others protocols if you search for them. Look up skip loading and dyazide as there are some effective protocols others have shared.

That’s very individual and something you should hire a coach for IMO. I have many protocols from top coaches but no two are the same.

I’ll let someone else on here answer that or dive into it if they want to. It’s the riskiest part of the game IMO.

There are some good threads on here with others protocols if you search for them. Look up skip loading and dyazide as there are some effective protocols others have shared.
Yeah, like I said just curiosity as I don’t plan to compete any time soon. Seems very tricky and risky for sure.

Yeah, like I said just curiosity as I don’t plan to compete any time soon. Seems very tricky and risky for sure.
Totally understand. It’s probably the one topic I won’t advise on here as it’s the most risky and individualized.

You need to know your body or have a coach who does if you ever do use them IMO.

What kind of dose are they using of diuretics to create such a drastic change?

I use 12.5mg HCTZ in the offseason myself for water retention/BP control and don’t notice too much, but I’m also hydrating and eating plenty of carbs so I imagine it’s very different.

You're right. HCTZ, especially at that dose will not make a notable different at all in an off-season setting.

I personally don't touch my sodium or potassium, but I cut water at around 6-9 pm on Friday evening for a Saturday AM show. I usually take half or a full tab of Triazide (mix of HCTZ and triamterene) and in the morning I am very dry, but not as full as the night before.

As others have said, a diuretic will pull water from inside the muscle and under the skin. You just have to look at your physique friday evening and asses from there. If you're full a house on Friday night and holding some water, then popping the diuretic is likely the way to go. However, if you're somewhat full and holding a bit of water, then you'll more than likely lose that bit of water overnight without the need for a diuretic, so in that case I wouldn't use it.

I think a decent full, albeit very dry physique is the way to go, as you can't ever be 100%. So get shredded af, make sure that you're full by friday evening, cut your water, take a mild diuretic friday evening and you can't really mess up.

Diuretics are a slippery slope, if used properly they can give you a tight shrink-wrap look, if used improperly they can make you look smooth and soft.
Water and electrolytes become very important parts of the process, you want to pull the majority of the water from the subcutaneous stores and not from within the muscle.
Use them as needed and very sparingly, I honestly prefer just a good over the counter water shed pill. If your shredded you should be DRY already.
Which one do you use? Dose and duration. I have used a few. Thanks

They are a crapshoot but at the same time all the top guys use them. Remember when Cutler failed for 5 (!) different diuretics at the O? Those in the know, how many guys at the O take zero diuretics in your opinion?

Milos' plan was for Dennis Wolf was aldactone for like 5 to 7 days and then when carb loading was done friday might he hit a loop diuretic like Bumex (iirc). Part of the reason for the aldactone is to build up potassium levels which might be advantageous to do before the potassium wasting loop diuretic.

Heavy diuretics might make all your veins disappear, but are they even important?

Dan Duchaine said the only duuretic bodybuilders should mess with was a small 10mg doses of INJECTABLE Lasix done IV preferably. Predictble, quick in and out. Measure your BP to see if you could do another shot, too much and the athlete wouldn't be able to stand.

My advice to a friend was to take the smallest amount of Dyazide starting about 5 days out. That way you could monitor effects and have time to adjust up or down. A half a Dyazide the night before and you are just hoping it will do what you hope it will do. Often nothing will happen. But over a few days you could increase dose or stop it altogether, depending on how things progress. But that's just me and what semms logical and this worked really well over a few years.
Aldactone could be used the same way, pretty damn safe too I guess

I remember Vince Taylor saying diuretics should always be stopped a couple of days out. He claimed the water would come back first into the muscle. Lots of different approaches.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws