over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Permanent cure for Acid Reflux

i used to take prilosec otc..but about a year ago i switched to nexium and it made a big difference. i wish there was a permanent cure :(

noop

there is nissn fundoplication where they wrap your stomach. It works 99 out of 100 times but that one time it goes wrong i have seen some scary stuff.

They have another procedure called TIFF and its less invasive done thorugh endoscopy but the results are not as great. FOr someone like us who lift and put a lot of abdominal pressure i am not sure how good it will hold up.

In europe they are trying something with a mettallic magnet where it will shut the sphincter but you will never be able to get an MRI in your life again cause of the metal, not worth the trade off in my book..

I am considering tiff maybe sometime and see if it works.

Try losing weight (not that you are fat) but we carry a lot of muscle and fat in out mid section from squats and deadlifts try becoming ripped and your symptoms will pretty much go away.

Last edited:
When I cut out carbonated beverages, cut back to a reasonable amount of coffee and added 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with most all solid meals each day my heartburn went away. Everytime I fall into the trap of drinking diet carbonated drinks it comes back with a vengeance.

When I cut out carbonated beverages, cut back to a reasonable amount of coffee and added 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with most all solid meals each day my heartburn went away. Everytime I fall into the trap of drinking diet carbonated drinks it comes back with a vengeance.

Agreed that is definitely a culprit

You guys sound like you have mild cases. Even on days that I fast I get reflux. I tried ginger, ACV, baking soda. None of them provided enough relief for me. Might work for less severe cases though. I was on Protonix for years but recently switched to Omeprazole because I can get that OTC and don't need a doctor.

**broken link removed**

noop

there is nissn fundoplication where they wrap your stomach. It works 99 out of 100 times but that one time it goes wrong i have seen some scary stuff.

They have another procedure called TIFF and its less invasive done thorugh endoscopy but the results are not as great. FOr someone like us who lift and put a lot of abdominal pressure i am not sure how good it will hold up.

In europe they are trying something with a mettallic magnet where it will shut the sphincter but you will never be able to get an MRI in your life again cause of the metal, not worth the trade off in my book..

I am considering tiff maybe sometime and see if it works.

Try losing weight (not that you are fat) but we carry a lot of muscle and fat in out mid section from squats and deadlifts try becoming ripped and your symptoms will pretty much go away.

That Tif Procedure is actually quite cool. just watched a video on youtube on it. Im only concerned about the facrt of it lasting. I understand they say its long lasting but Im a bit more intrigued with the "Stretta Procedure". Its done with an endoscopy like the procedure you've mentioned but it also uses a cathether which is fed into the LES muscle and is heated slightly to create scar tissue so that the LES tightens due to this thus eliminating future reflux.
I have sever Gastritis and Erosive espohagus and Ive been on 80mg of nexium for the last 2 years.
I have flare ups approx 2x per year and generally when i diet for comps which makes trrainng and eating extremely difficult for obv reasons.
Im actually getting a second opinion in OCT so im going to mention both the tif and the stretta. Im def not interested in the laproscopic one as i was told it doesnt always last and id have to have a scar which on my abdomen which im not keen about.

Thanks for the Info!!:headbang:

I take prilosec daily and was wondering if there is any type of permanent cure for Acid Reflux?

I don't know if there is a permanent cure but I did want to share something I learned from my doctor. He said that the reason I was getting acid reflux is due to insufficient amount of stomach acids in my stomach. He said if not enough acid the part in your throat doesn't close and then the stuff gushes out when your sleeping causing the problem.

I wanted to stop the acid reflux pill because they mess with absorbtion of other nutrients/meds that I NEED due to other health problems that I have. I require supplementation of certain vitamins and the acid reflux pills were messing with my ability to absorb them in my stomach. So... long story short, he prescribed a supplement called Betaine HCI which he said would put that acid back in my stomach. There are other ways he mentioned such as pickle juice and apple cider vinegar but the pill is easier.

Probiotics, digestive enzymes, and aloe Vera juice.

Gonna have to check this out ghost.i have been on nexium for years and have tried apple cider vinegar.nothingnseems to help.thanx for the info.

Gonna have to check this out ghost.i have been on nexium for years and have tried apple cider vinegar.nothingnseems to help.thanx for the info.

No problem man. I've seen it work for many people over the years. I take my probiotics at night, aloe after my first and last meal, and digestive enzymes after each meal.

I'm similar.. ACV burns like a mofo..

Coffee seems to smash me bad.. trouble is i like it strong..

Good for my head, very bad for the stomach..

What ever any of you do, take care of it and keep it in check. I had/have bad acid reflux and let it go unchecked. My food would get stuck in my esophogus and I would throw it up. A scope revealed I had ulcers on my esophogus due to the acid. If you let that go, it can lead to cancer. Do not ignore it, take care of it.

acid reflux is usually from your body being to acidic. Stop all the soda, alcohol, coffee, simple sugars, fast food, fried foods, etc, all that stuff that creates an acidic enviroment. How much greens do you eat? Try drinking spirulina or blue green algae every day also.

The only other time I have seen a lot of reflux was when my son was born with a hernia which caused food not to pass as easily through his system, backing him up.

i used to take prilosec otc..but about a year ago i switched to nexium and it made a big difference. i wish there was a permanent cure :(

stop eating the foods that cause the heart burn. apple cider vinegar helps too

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767