over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Personal expierience on Accutane??

h8tr3d

Registered
Just wondering how long it usually takes to clear you up, and what everyones personal sides were. Does it get worse before it gets better? Im on 45 mg ed, and it seemed to clear my shoulders up nice, but I have a couple popping up here and there on my back, and its been about 2 weeks so far. So far for sides i have chapped lips, and dont know if this is from the accutane, but my scalp is slightly itchy.

I've used it twice for when i had severe acne in my early 20s. Accutane basically stops the production of your oil glands. They produce less oil, the oil cant block the pores of your skin and then bacteria cant grow in the blocked pores.
From memory it probably took about 2-3 months before everything had disapeared and nothing new was forming.
I'd recommend that you always carry a lip balm with you. Also get a good moisturiser because the skin on your face will go really dry and you may want to rub vaseline up your nose to prevent nose bleeds (up your nose dies up too).

Hope this helps!

Pete

I used it was I was 19. It got much worse before it got better. Your skin gets very red. My acne is gone. Still have the occasional blemish, but nothing bad. My skin is still very sensitive to the sun and it's been 10 years. I no longer can get tan and instead just burn. It's not an easy drug to take, but it works.

I used it and it cleared me up. It was the only thing that worked.

Dry lips
Dry eyes
Nose was dry all the time (the worst side for me as I would get nose bleeds easily)
Dry scalp
Joint pains in my knees

All very minor with the exception of the nose bleeds which I would get about one a day. I got nasal spray that kept my nose from drying out and that stopped them but I had to do it several times a day. 40mgs a day for four months cleared everything. Now I only get the occasional break out but not near as bad. It took about six weeks before I noticed a big difference but when I did it seemed to all go away at once.

Used the cream version for bad back and shoulder acne, took a month to start working, dried the skin out bad and was red and patchy (looked like burns), this went after a few weeks with moisturiser and all the acne went apart from 1 or 2 very small sports.
I highly recommend it, ive stocked up aload of it! :D

I start tomorrow he has me on 80mg a day. 40mgx2 a day. I don't even have it that bad either. He said it will be like a 5 month treatment. I didn't even ask for it he was just like the anti biotic I gave you stopped working we will give accutane a try. He said the dose went by bodyweight. I weigh 210. I still think the dose is too high from what I have been reading.

I used it and very glad I did....just make sure to use the hell out of chap stick

White Vinegar

Dude, try some white vinegar. (1gal is like a dollar at wal mart.)rub it on before every shower, and let it sit for a few minutes before you shower. It helped me a lot.

I start tomorrow he has me on 80mg a day. 40mgx2 a day. I don't even have it that bad either. He said it will be like a 5 month treatment. I didn't even ask for it he was just like the anti biotic I gave you stopped working we will give accutane a try. He said the dose went by bodyweight. I weigh 210. I still think the dose is too high from what I have been reading.

i weigh 195 and my dermatologist prescribed 100mg a day. Took 6 months to clear me up completely.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear