over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Post workout meal and fruit

Post wkout i like low fat Cottage Cheese and some pineapple in it or blueberries.
for some reason strawberries area really gross in it. Grapes are good too.

i typically eat a fruit with every breakfast (eggs, some egg whites, piece of fruit) and have em post workout usually. But i dont mind having em in place of glucose carbs. i feel like having fructose as primary carb source you really get sensitive to glucose and i think possibly store it and make glycogen lil better or its like a lil mini carb up... i could explain more but been moving and smoked a lil....
-F2S

Grapes with Cottage is my favorite.

I love Fruity Pebbles post workout.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I assume your using low fat bagel?
I've never done bagels, but thinking about trying it. Currently I am eating 3.5c of jasmine rice postworkout. I am about to add more carbs post workout

Yes, Thomas BB Bagel.

1.5g Fat/bagel.

As others have noted above, fruit is hardly pure fructose, many fruits are only half fructose (the rest glucose).

It's fine. Side note, there is zero evidence that carb consumption post workout leads to any added muscle hypertrophy. Protein is all that is necessary.

Carbohydrates are protein sparing though, if your body is in a catabolic state from exercise and you eat only protein, a good deal of that protein is going to be metabolized into glycogen to replenish glycogen stores, eating some carbs can prevent this. Sure you could just eat more protein to compensate although I would rather just eat some carbs.

As others have noted above, fruit is hardly pure fructose, many fruits are only half fructose (the rest glucose).

Carbohydrates are protein sparing though, if your body is in a catabolic state from exercise and you eat only protein, a good deal of that protein is going to be metabolized into glycogen to replenish glycogen stores, eating some carbs can prevent this. Sure you could just eat more protein to compensate although I would rather just eat some carbs.

I'd say it depends on what someone's goals are. For me, I try to have 60g of protein from whey when I get home and then have a protein/carb meal when I'm hungry after. Usually 1.5-2 hours after. Sometimes I hold off to 3 hours. But I'm not in a mass building phase. If I was, I would do things differently.

I typically add strawberries or blueberries to my postworkout meal. I like doing cream of rice with some greek yogurt and then mix in fruit to this, maybe some whey iso as well. It makes for a delicious postworkout meal.

Some of these post meals boggles my mind (not in a bad way or good way), like eating white bread, pebbles, coco puffs, it's all shitty food.

Some of these post meals boggles my mind (not in a bad way or good way), like eating white bread, pebbles, coco puffs, it's all shitty food.

You had me until you said Pebbles.......:p

Sorry but I struggle to see how just protein alone replenishes glycogen pwo.

None of the info in that blog states that from what I can see ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may not, but science does ;)

Why is there a need to hurry up and replenish glycogen with fast absorbing sugars? I can understand if you are going to be training again later in the day, but if you don't train again for 24-48 hours why not just let it get replenished at a regular rate through protein sources?

Protein is easily converted into glucose in the liver.

It's fine. Side note, there is zero evidence that carb consumption post workout leads to any added muscle hypertrophy. Protein is all that is necessary.

Well, I wouldn't say zero evidence:

1. Bird SP, Tarpenning KM, and Marino FE. Independent and combined effects of liquid carbohydrate/essential amino acid ingestion on hormonal and muscular adaptations following resistance training in untrained men. Eur J Appl Physiol 97: 225-238, 2006. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=PubMed&dopt=Citation&list_uids=16456674

This investigation examined chronic alteration of the acute hormonal response associated with liquid carbohydrate (CHO) and/or essential amino acid (EAA) ingestion on hormonal and muscular adaptations following resistance training. Thirty-two untrained young men performed 12 weeks of resistance training twice a week, consuming ~675 ml of either, a 6% CHO solution, 6 g EAA mixture, combined CHO + EAA supplement or placebo (PLA). Blood samples were obtained pre- and post-exercise (week 0, 4, 8, and 12), for determination of glucose, insulin, and cortisol. 3-Methylhistidine excretion and muscle fibre cross-sectional area (fCSA) were determined pre- and post-training. Post-exercise cortisol increased (P<0.05) during each training phase for PLA. No change was displayed by EAA; CHO and CHO + EAA demonstrated post-exercise decreases (P<0.05). All groups displayed reduced pre-exercise cortisol at week 12 compared to week 0 (P<0.05). Post-exercise insulin concentrations showed no change for PLA; increases were observed for the treatment groups (P<0.05), which remained greater for CHO and CHO + EAA (P<0.001) than PLA. EAA and CHO ingestion attenuated 3-methylhistidine excretion 48 h following the exercise bout. CHO + EAA resulted in a 26% decrease (P<0.01), while PLA displayed a 52% increase (P<0.01). fCSA increased across groups for type I, IIa, and IIb fibres (P<0.05), with CHO + EAA displaying the greatest gains in fCSA relative to PLA (P<0.05). These data indicate that CHO + EAA ingestion enhances muscle anabolism following resistance training to a greater extent than either CHO or EAA consumed independently. The synergistic effect of CHO + EAA ingestion maximises the anabolic response presumably by attenuating the post-exercise rise in protein degradation.

1. Tarpenning KM, Wiswell RA, Hawkins SA, and Marcell TJ. Influence of weight training exercise and modification of hormonal response on skeletal muscle growth. J Sci Med Sport 4: 431-446, 2001.

To investigate the influence of carbohydrate (CHO) consumption on the acute hormonal response, and chronic adaptation to weight lifting exercise, two studies were conducted. Following a four-hour fast, seven young men (21.3 +/- 3.5 y) performed (on two occasions) a nine-station weight lifting protocol, completing 3 sets of 10 repetitions at 75% of 1RM (series 1). Randomly assigned, one session included the ingestion of a non-caloric placebo, and the other, a 6% CHO solution. For series 2, two groups of young men (21.3 +/- 1.5 y) participated in 12 weeks of progressive resistance weight training. Training for one group included the ingestion of a non-caloric placebo, and the other, a 6% CHO solution. In series 1, weight lifting exercise with CHO ingestion significantly (p < 0.05) elevated blood glucose and plasma insulin levels above baseline, as well as that occurring with the placebo. This resulted in a significant blunting of the cortisol response (7% with CHO compared to 99% with placebo). These findings indicate that CHO consumption during weight lifting exercise can modify the acute hormonal response to exercise. With series 2, CHO consumption continued to blunt the cortisol response to exercise during the twelve weeks of training. This is in contrast to significantly elevated cortisol levels observed for the placebo control group. Corresponding with the modified response patterns were differences in muscle growth. Weight training exercise with CHO ingestion resulted in significantly greater gains in both type I (19.1%) and type II (22.5%) muscle fibre area than weight training exercise alone. The difference in the cortisol response accounted for 74% of the variance (r = 0.8579, p = 0.006) of change in type I muscle fibre area, and 52.3% of the variance (r = 0.7231, p = 0.043) of change in type II muscle fibre area. These findings suggest that the modification of the cortisol response associated with CHO ingestion can positively impact the skeletal muscle hypertrophic adaptation to weigh training.

-S

Attachments

• Bird BOdy Comp.png
    Bird BOdy Comp.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Bird FIber CSA.jpg
    Bird FIber CSA.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Tarpenning Fibe CSA.jpg
    Tarpenning Fibe CSA.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 18

Oh i no what science states.

However unless in a keto style diet
This process won’t just automatically switch on in the PWO environment. Glycogen stores will be replenished over time from CHO thats if they ever really get badly depleted really depleted from a weight lifting workout.

I couldn’t find anything in the link you posted regarding just pure protein Pwo getting turned into glycogen was my point/question

Protein is easily converted into glucose in the liver.

I no this bud.

Does it easily happen Pwo tho if we just have protein. Im less inclined to think so.

See my above post

Well, I wouldn't say zero evidence:

1. Bird SP, Tarpenning KM, and Marino FE. Independent and combined effects of liquid carbohydrate/essential amino acid ingestion on hormonal and muscular adaptations following resistance training in untrained men. Eur J Appl Physiol 97: 225-238, 2006. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=PubMed&dopt=Citation&list_uids=16456674

This investigation examined chronic alteration of the acute hormonal response associated with liquid carbohydrate (CHO) and/or essential amino acid (EAA) ingestion on hormonal and muscular adaptations following resistance training. Thirty-two untrained young men performed 12 weeks of resistance training twice a week, consuming ~675 ml of either, a 6% CHO solution, 6 g EAA mixture, combined CHO + EAA supplement or placebo (PLA). Blood samples were obtained pre- and post-exercise (week 0, 4, 8, and 12), for determination of glucose, insulin, and cortisol. 3-Methylhistidine excretion and muscle fibre cross-sectional area (fCSA) were determined pre- and post-training. Post-exercise cortisol increased (P<0.05) during each training phase for PLA. No change was displayed by EAA; CHO and CHO + EAA demonstrated post-exercise decreases (P<0.05). All groups displayed reduced pre-exercise cortisol at week 12 compared to week 0 (P<0.05). Post-exercise insulin concentrations showed no change for PLA; increases were observed for the treatment groups (P<0.05), which remained greater for CHO and CHO + EAA (P<0.001) than PLA. EAA and CHO ingestion attenuated 3-methylhistidine excretion 48 h following the exercise bout. CHO + EAA resulted in a 26% decrease (P<0.01), while PLA displayed a 52% increase (P<0.01). fCSA increased across groups for type I, IIa, and IIb fibres (P<0.05), with CHO + EAA displaying the greatest gains in fCSA relative to PLA (P<0.05). These data indicate that CHO + EAA ingestion enhances muscle anabolism following resistance training to a greater extent than either CHO or EAA consumed independently. The synergistic effect of CHO + EAA ingestion maximises the anabolic response presumably by attenuating the post-exercise rise in protein degradation.

1. Tarpenning KM, Wiswell RA, Hawkins SA, and Marcell TJ. Influence of weight training exercise and modification of hormonal response on skeletal muscle growth. J Sci Med Sport 4: 431-446, 2001.

To investigate the influence of carbohydrate (CHO) consumption on the acute hormonal response, and chronic adaptation to weight lifting exercise, two studies were conducted. Following a four-hour fast, seven young men (21.3 +/- 3.5 y) performed (on two occasions) a nine-station weight lifting protocol, completing 3 sets of 10 repetitions at 75% of 1RM (series 1). Randomly assigned, one session included the ingestion of a non-caloric placebo, and the other, a 6% CHO solution. For series 2, two groups of young men (21.3 +/- 1.5 y) participated in 12 weeks of progressive resistance weight training. Training for one group included the ingestion of a non-caloric placebo, and the other, a 6% CHO solution. In series 1, weight lifting exercise with CHO ingestion significantly (p < 0.05) elevated blood glucose and plasma insulin levels above baseline, as well as that occurring with the placebo. This resulted in a significant blunting of the cortisol response (7% with CHO compared to 99% with placebo). These findings indicate that CHO consumption during weight lifting exercise can modify the acute hormonal response to exercise. With series 2, CHO consumption continued to blunt the cortisol response to exercise during the twelve weeks of training. This is in contrast to significantly elevated cortisol levels observed for the placebo control group. Corresponding with the modified response patterns were differences in muscle growth. Weight training exercise with CHO ingestion resulted in significantly greater gains in both type I (19.1%) and type II (22.5%) muscle fibre area than weight training exercise alone. The difference in the cortisol response accounted for 74% of the variance (r = 0.8579, p = 0.006) of change in type I muscle fibre area, and 52.3% of the variance (r = 0.7231, p = 0.043) of change in type II muscle fibre area. These findings suggest that the modification of the cortisol response associated with CHO ingestion can positively impact the skeletal muscle hypertrophic adaptation to weigh training.

-S

Well there we have it. Another case of multiple studies contradicting each other!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws