over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pre Workout Insulin

Every time I have taken insulin I have tightened up. I get the same effect from lr3 too. It really does shuttle nutrients amazingly well and if you pick the right foods and amounts (and are ectomorphic) you should notice the same.

I wonder how pre-workout insulin would do with a strict diet utilizing DNP... hmm..

I only eat carbs in the workout window nowadays (even when gaining).. I think it may be time to give insulin another shot (pun intended).

I used to get really fat whenever I used it, but I think that was because I was eating way too many carbs (80g per meal, every meal, even on off days)... not necessarily a result of the insulin.

I was wondering the same thing about a little DNP and slin, but unfortunately DNP is hard as fuck to find in Canada. I tried to order it International but I was 4 weeks out and not knowing when ill get it and also needing to stop 10 days out.
I will however give a try in the off season with a low dose of DNP 5 on 2 off

love Pre

Been doing MA humR pre/wo protocols for a little bit now...do it 3-4x a week with 12-15iu R... I'm ADDICTED to the pumps i get while training.. I put down 175g Karbolyn with EAAS/creatine/glutamine/beta alanine in 3 shakes that start on drive to gym and i finish on ride home... then have another ~75g simple sugar carbs from like a fanta soda or pop tarts when i get home with LBAs, and i start cooking my chicken and rice meal and eat that about an hour later... in total i put down roughly 3-350g carbs in that 3-4 hour window peri workout with almost 3/4 a gallon of water... so full it feels like my skin is splitting lol

and i must be super sensitive bc i will start going hypo without nearly 20g carbs per iu... if i miss that pop tart/fanta part, even after my big peri shakes, i will start pouring sweat and get shaky as fuck...

Last edited:
Every time I have taken insulin I have tightened up. I get the same effect from lr3 too. It really does shuttle nutrients amazingly well and if you pick the right foods and amounts (and are ectomorphic) you should notice the same.

100% on point. Im mostly Ecto and Slin tightens me up like crazy and the pump is an all day pump! 250 carbs all pre, intra ,post & post post.
Full, lean...no spillover.

What did I do wrong this morning.

Decided to start with just 3iu (and yes it definitely was only 3iu) of novorapid

Consumed 50g hbcd between 530-6 then shot the slin bg was at about 6mmol/l at that point

630 I was feeling pretty hypo checked my bg and it was at 3.7! Drank 300ml of lucozade so about 45g of carbs.

6:47 bg up to 7.1

Not sure on the exact time but not long after, feeling shitty again and bg under 4 (I didnt log times or bg at this point as was getting worried)

Another 250-300ml of lucozade and a pack of dextrose tablets got me back ok but then spent the rest of the morning feeling like junk.

I had another 30mg of hbcd to sip through my workout but didnt drink any.

Do I just need WAY more carbs? Is it the hbcd (as I said in a post above, it doesnt give my bg levels much of a boost)

Decided to start with just 3iu (and yes it definitely was only 3iu) of novorapid

Consumed 50g hbcd between 530-6 then shot the slin bg was at about 6mmol/l at that point

630 I was feeling pretty hypo checked my bg and it was at 3.7! Drank 300ml of lucozade so about 45g of carbs.

Not sure on the exact time but not long after, feeling shitty again and bg under 4 (I didnt log times or bg at this point as was getting worried)

Another 250-300ml of lucozade and a pack of dextrose tablets got me back ok but then spent the rest of the morning feeling like junk.

Do I just need WAY more carbs? Is it the hbcd (as I said in a post above, it doesnt give my bg levels much of a boost)

I used/still get hypo from HCBD if I have too much of it before I take my insulin. I would recommend having a food meal as your first meal instead of the carb powder.
I think you insulin sensitivity is higher than the norm.

I used/still get hypo from HCBD if I have too much of it before I take my insulin. I would recommend having a food meal as your first meal instead of the carb powder.

I think you insulin sensitivity is higher than the norm.

Thats a good thing I guess!

Seeing as I wake up at 5 and like to be out of the door around 6. Any suggestions for what to eat and quantity? Im not big on eating first thing so something drinkable is always preferable.

Brown rice flour/oats and whey?

Thats a good thing I guess!

Seeing as I wake up at 5 and like to be out of the door around 6. Any suggestions for what to eat and quantity? Im not big on eating first thing so something drinkable is always preferable.

Brown rice flour/oats and whey?

Yeah something simple man. Whey shake and oats is what I do or I do egg whites instead, depends what im the mood for.

And yes definitely a good thing to have high insulin sensitivity :)

Yeah something simple man. Whey shake and oats is what I do or I do egg whites instead, depends what im the mood for.

And yes definitely a good thing to have high insulin sensitivity :)

Suggestions for where to start the level of grams of carbs at for that meal? Still at 1g per iu?

Suggestions for where to start the level of grams of carbs at for that meal? Still at 1g per iu?

No go higher as you are obviousy super sensitive. I was the same when I first used it. Then over a few days just lower your carbs. It's better to be safe than sorry when first using slin. Also if you have an intra shake sip it after every set so you are supplying yourself with constant aminos/carbs.

As Nabz suggested a whole food meal would be best before using slin. I would recommend a balanced one so protein, carbs and fats. Don't have fat when the slin is active but just before will help matters. If you are rushing you could do oats (I like to add banana and sultanas). When it is cooked add in chocolate protein powder and maybe a spoon of peanut butter and mix it all in. Otherwise you can't go wrong with steak and sweet potatoes for a pre workout meal (at least 1 hour before training).

100% on point. Im mostly Ecto and Slin tightens me up like crazy and the pump is an all day pump! 250 carbs all pre, intra ,post & post post.
Full, lean...no spillover.

Exactly. I should have really added the obvious fact of keeping your slin sensitivity high too. I do that through diet, supplements and breaks. I only ever run slin for 4 weeks max to keep me ultra sensitive. When I am buking next I will probably push it more so do 4 weeks on 2 off 4 on etc.

Thanks guys. Was thinking 8am brown rice flour, whey and nesquick which would be 75c 40p and 5f

Then with the slin shot @ 9 30g maltodextrin with eaa and bcaa (and glycerol etc).

Sip on 50g hbcd, eaa and bcaa intra

Then first meal would be 10-1030 jasmine rice, chicken and sauce 100c 45p 9f

Rest of the day would then be pretty low carb.

That keeps my macros the same for the day but just puts more of them pre and post workout.

Need to get more bg meter strips before I try again though as I used ALOT this morning.

Id rather go OTT and then lower than go hypo again!

Thanks guys. Was thinking 8am brown rice flour, whey and nesquick which would be 75c 40p and 5f

Then with the slin shot @ 9 30g maltodextrin with eaa and bcaa (and glycerol etc).

Sip on 50g hbcd, eaa and bcaa intra

Then first meal would be 10-1030 jasmine rice, chicken and sauce 100c 45p 9f

Rest of the day would then be pretty low carb.

That keeps my macros the same for the day but just puts more of them pre and post workout.

Need to get more bg meter strips before I try again though as I used ALOT this morning.

Id rather go OTT and then lower than go hypo again!

This looks solid :)

:yeahthat:
I will also say I love pre work out insulin. Pump is INSANE. look up some youtube videos on milos sarcev insulin. will basically explain the theory on the whole thing and do lil research.
maybe start a thread with your experience that would interesting. (what protocol you chose and why and how it went etc)
-F2S

Thanks man! Interesting. I did many times pre post in between shots but noticed only lilys slin worked for pump others didn't gave me same results,not sure why.

you ate your first carbs way too early.
you can easily wait 15 minutes after injecting insulin and then eat your high glycemic carbs

rapid insulin only lowers your blood sugar from the 15-20 minute mark onwards. itll take 30-40mins (depending on dosage) to make you drop into hypo. ive measured that basically a billion times.
you also wont go hypo quickly when your liver glycogen is full. thats what its for. if you go keto for a week and then inject insulin you better have some carbs ready instantly. otherwise - wait a couple minutes.

HBCDs are waaay too fast in and out of your blood.
HBCDs are faster than dextrose, arent they?

now look up blood sugar elevations from a 50-100g glucose load...
even 100g glucose are completely out of your blood within an hour.

keep carb intake constant over the time rapid insulin is active.
much better than a bolus carb dose too early or too late.

Last edited:
you ate your first carbs way too early.
you can easily wait 15 minutes after injecting insulin and then eat your high glycemic carbs

rapid insulin only lowers your blood sugar from the 15-20 minute mark onwards. itll take 30-40mins (depending on dosage) to make you drop into hypo. ive measured that basically a billion times.
you also wont go hypo quickly when your liver glycogen is full. thats what its for. if you go keto for a week and then inject insulin you better have some carbs ready instantly. otherwise - wait a couple minutes.

HBCDs are waaay too fast in and out of your blood.
HBCDs are faster than dextrose, arent they?

now look up blood sugar elevations from a 50-100g glucose load...
even 100g glucose are completely out of your blood within an hour.

keep carb intake constant over the time rapid insulin is active.
much better than a bolus carb dose too early or too late.

Very well put.

I measured the time it takes me to go hypo as well, from log and also tested it fasted first thing in the am and pre wo after a few carb meals. It gave me a benchmark just in case I ran out of food or carbs or whatever.

On 10ius first thing am 15-19 mins I feel hypo, pre workout after carbs during the day 45+. Mind you the last meal I ate was about 75 mins prior.

I just randomly use it when I get a extra time. always did 10 iu eyeball a 1/3 cup honey in cold with some table sugar, that should get you well over a 100 g of carbs cug it during the on the ride to gym and into the first 20 min of my workout .. I probably do it 3-5 times a month at this point, and it is still worth it to me doing it so intermittently.

When I was forcing myself to grow I would do 5 pre with 40-60g of sugar then 10 post workout. Then Go to mcdonalds and get 10 of the dollar menu doubles burgers n wash it down with a coke.

I never get substaintial fat gain from slin. My bodyfat never significantly increased. I have been almost contest ready shape for the past 4 years . I am shredded. Just looked like my muscles got pumped full of nutrients. I train high volume and hit muscles from every angle. While at the same time going heavy on exercise I need to.

I don't like the way it feels overall so I probably wont every run it daily or more than 1-2 times a week again in my life.

10 seems to be a week spot for me for most gains least sides

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I was told/ followed, adjust insulin to carbs. Not vice versa. So have a shake or meal and adjust insulin to that

Don't over eat to make up for insulin.

Bit hard to adjust slin when 3iu sends you hypo...

Ive always liked Slin post workout. Pre workout is just too hard to determine carbs and hypo, and all that. Or at least... post workout is just much easier to deal with. Its very simple. I prefer moring slin before first meal and post workout in the afternoon.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear