over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pre-Workout Really Worth It On Cycle?

KemicalKid

Registered
Newbies
I mean is it really worth it if you are already cycling? That's always been a staple for me but thinking caffeine and creatine are the main players. They are cheaper on their own. Thoughts?

Yea thats fine. Add some salt to it to increase the pump.

I mean is it really worth it if you are already cycling? That's always been a staple for me but thinking caffeine and creatine are the main players. They are cheaper on their own. Thoughts?
They do nothing for growth on or off cycle but if u need some energy, focus and pumps by all means use one.

I’d argue it’s never needed… cycle or not. But, to each their own.
I totally agree. I actually think some of them could be counter productive.

stay hydrated, salt your meals and if you need a little oooomph sure but its not doing anything more than that.

having said that ----- it gets you fired up (really its anything that gets you fired up, that will provide the best results) that goes for exercise selection, food choices ped choices etc.

so nothing wrong if its serving its purpose.

If people are using them every workout and pretty much every day. I think they are more of a psychological pick me up then something that will actually lead to more muscle growth. People think they need it so they do worse if they don't have it.

i often look at guys like bill kazmaier and that era what did they have. they probably only had food and the main drugs, test deca dbol and maybe GH . i bet they had no injectable l-carnitine, pre workout, bcaa/eaa hbcd, etc etc and look at their physiques.

i often look at guys like bill kazmaier and that era what did they have. they probably only had food and the main drugs, test deca dbol and maybe GH . i bet they had no injectable l-carnitine, pre workout, bcaa/eaa hbcd, etc etc and look at their physiques.
Yeah they had access to amphetamines and other stimulants.
In the 70s and 80s Drs were handing them out like candy

Point of preworkout is to bring about stimulation to the CNS and make your body more ready to take on additional stimulus and load.

A heightened CNS can achieve higher baseline levels of load and performance.

There is direct correlation between the administration of caffeine and increase in VO2, lactate threshold as well and other various neural priming modalities.

These effects usually begin to teeter off at approximately 220mg.

You have to prime all functions - if you are going to the gym and doing non functional/performance training in all sincerity it doesn’t matter much I would hypothesize.

If people are using them every workout and pretty much every day. I think they are more of a psychological pick me up then something that will actually lead to more muscle growth. People think they need it so they do worse if they don't have it.
I absolutely have to administer 150mg of caffeine prior to sprint workouts or I have a measurable degradation in performance between 15-20%.

Same thing with distance runs approximately 10%.

Powerlifting events around 15%

High lactate threshold events of approximately 20%

Caffeine and sodium are by far the largest and most important “PEDs” out there.

Don’t mean for this to come off as arguementative - just my experience so let me preface that with I hope you have a beautiful day mate and best wishes.

It's better water with salt and if u want citrulline malate for the pump. I usually take 1 coffee before training , but I don't believe in the prewo, for me it's only a waste of money

This 100 percent. Never understood how people can get so into these pre workout concoction and buying some tub of caffeine and other ingredients or making their own concoction thinking it matters.

Get rest, get a high protein carb meal in, then train. I drink a monster on the way to the gym it's more of a routine than I think 300mg caffeine is going to make me get 2;more reps each set. I drink it because I get tired of water and it has zero calories.

I think the only people that need bcaa glutamine, low mocelcular weight carbs are the truly advanced or those eating 6k plus who can't shovel any more food. Or someone for whatever reason is a believer in low protein say 1g per lb of bw diet, most getting 300g plus are fine without this.

Stimulants are amazing for workouts. I often wonder why all bodybuilders don't use ephedrine anymore. Some type of speed, and ephedrine is a really, weak one, which us good since it's about the right amount of kick, and it can change so much mentally. Not for everyone but many. It makes you want to train. "It's not real, it's all from the drug." So what, you trained harder.

Stimulants are amazing for workouts. I often wonder why all bodybuilders don't use ephedrine anymore. Some type of speed, and ephedrine is a really, weak one, which us good since it's about the right amount of kick, and it can change so much mentally. Not for everyone but many. It makes you want to train. "It's not real, it's all from the drug." So what, you trained harder.

Shit sir, the Walgreens thinks I’ll soon die of asthma as much bronkaid I’ve bought over the years.

AND the new primiatine tabs don’t have gufanacine anymore. Just pure ephedrine HCL. I guess they knew the only people buying them were doing deadlift or making meth

Never use em….

Cage

One of my favorites - great electrolyte profile and not over caffeinated.

Typical routine is two shots of espresso prior to my morning cardio session and 3/4 scoop of Ascent prior to my strength session.

Attachments

• CCF4A707-FA44-43C4-81D8-64CC21D8F123.jpeg
    CCF4A707-FA44-43C4-81D8-64CC21D8F123.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 19
Pre-workouts are one of those nice to have but not needed things for me. If I need a pick me up coffee or caffeine pills could do the trick.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws