over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Preparing your meals- Dont get Lazy!

Alex A

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Folks, beginners or advanced.... we all have to eat..

bodybuilders tend to eat 5-6 meals a day.. that requires some serious meal prep, organization and commitment.

You have to be organized and always thinking about the next days meals. I know its a lot of work but....... this is who we are....:)

My dang life revolves around eating (cooking, cleaning,shopping, cooking, and planning).. But its worth it folks!

Very true...and a few hours spent on sunday prepping for the week (or monday night if you don't like to give up part of your "weekend") will save lots of time and unnecessary stress!

Also, for anyone taht doesn't have a fridge at work, talk to mgmt to see if you can buy a small one for under your desk or in your office... shouldn't be a problem! that's what i've done!

Cslim, i agree...

I dont work in an office, but if i did... i would really want to have a fridge and microwave.. possibly a an electric skiddle too( that might be too much).

What sucks for me... is that i like fresh food.. Not that you dont but..

for some reason.. i cant eat cooked meat that is more than 1-2 days old.. especially chicken.. This creates much more meal prep..

I suggest people do what your doing... and if they have time, cook daily for freshness.

Im 2 weeks into my diet and as i get closer to the show, the more i enjoy each meal..

the last month.. im thinking about eating 2-3 meals ahead.. im so hungry, i do anything to make the meal a delicacy... when your metabolism is like that. you feel like every meal is your last...:(

nice reminder alex. i need to stop being lazy

but i will never boil my chicken! haha :)

too hardcore for me :p

I use to prep my meals for 3 to 4 days at a time. I noticed I was wasting a lot of food bc it didn't set well for me that my food sat for days at a time.

Now I go to the store every night and by my food for the next day and prepare it that night for the day ahead. My first and last meal of the day are usually cooked fresh.

Now this may be hard for others. I'm single (by choice haha) and have horrible sleeping habbits:eek: so I have a lot of free time after work.

I log all my food into FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal, I tell people it keeps me honest. If we prepare ahead of time and keep journals, IMO you will look alot better. After this show, I plan to be very serious with my off season approach and food requirements for growth.

this is very hard for me when trying to bulk. right now i just eat 3 meals and a shake or 2. im on a construction site with no job trailer for a fridge or microwave. and in winter its impossible to bulk i just cant eat cold steak or chicken breast day in day out. and i litterally cannot stand the taste of tuna any more i eat it so much. im there was a heating device/cooler for contrution workers that refuse to eat off them damm roach coaches.

i buy my chicken in 5kg bads the split into 5 and add a different spice and lemon juice then freeze on a sunday. then i will lift one out to defrost and cook half. this does around 3 meals usually a days worth. then the next night i will cook the other half and pull another 1 out of the freezer to defrost.

it all just goes straight on the grill. this way meals are cooked for the next day so are farely fresh. at the same time as grilling chicken i steam either broccoli/green beans etc and set out in 3 tubs for the chicken to be added.

arange carbs and put in fridge. then in the morning they go straight into a frezzer bag and im good for the next 8 hours or so.

Yeah it is hard when you like fresh meals! i cook 4 times a day always fresh food.
Fresh meat, fresh fish and most important off all fresh vegetables! its a lot off work, but it tastes way better then all that food that should be warmed-up in the microwave.
My wife is lucky! i do the shopping, i cook also for them and yes cleaning the kitchen is my job!
You all can understand that i dont have time for a regular job:p.

JK.

Very true...and a few hours spent on sunday prepping for the week (or monday night if you don't like to give up part of your "weekend") will save lots of time and unnecessary stress!

I completely agree...I cook between 20-30 complete meals on Sunday evening every week and these sit in my refrigerator in individual containers ready to go. That way I have no excuse. Also, having the food prepared keeps me from cheating too badly....If I really feel the need to cheat it usually ends up being an extra pre-weighed meal that won't screw me up too badly.

-Gordon

Thanks for the great tips Alex. I often to get lazy. But I prepare when I am ready to eat...I am quick in the kitchen so thats why I dont need to prepare myself ahead..

Hell Yea Alex..i am ALWAYS preparing food!!! Damn seems like its a never ending cycle! ...but hell I couldnt see myself doing it any other way bro

RJ

Prepping my meals has become as easy as feeding my dog. :)

My diet is really simple with little variety, so it works well for me to cook all the meat on Sunday afternoon. I put it in tupperware, weigh it out each night, and pack it for work the next day. I don't really care if I have fresh food or not; I guess I'm really used to re-heated chicken and steak by now. LOL My last meal of the day is always an egg white omelet, so that's my one fresh food meal. :D

I also have access to a fridge and microwave at work; however, on the few days I'm off-site, I either eat the food cold or bring along low sodium deli turkey for my protein. By being prepared all the time, I don't have any excuses for not sticking to my diet.

~ Mo

My diet is really simple with little variety, so it works well for me to cook all the meat on Sunday afternoon. I put it in tupperware, weigh it out each night, and pack it for work the next day. I don't really care if I have fresh food or not; I guess I'm really used to re-heated chicken and steak by now. LOL My last meal of the day is always an egg white omelet, so that's my one fresh food meal. :D

I also have access to a fridge and microwave at work; however, on the few days I'm off-site, I either eat the food cold or bring along low sodium deli turkey for my protein. By being prepared all the time, I don't have any excuses for not sticking to my diet.

~ Mo

i operate pretty much the same way. at work i'm known as the guy who has the big lunchbox next to him.

Cslim, i agree...

I dont work in an office, but if i did... i would really want to have a fridge and microwave.. possibly a an electric skiddle too( that might be too much).

What sucks for me... is that i like fresh food.. Not that you dont but..

for some reason.. i cant eat cooked meat that is more than 1-2 days old.. especially chicken.. This creates much more meal prep..

I suggest people do what your doing... and if they have time, cook daily for freshness.

Im 2 weeks into my diet and as i get closer to the show, the more i enjoy each meal..

the last month.. im thinking about eating 2-3 meals ahead.. im so hungry, i do anything to make the meal a delicacy... when your metabolism is like that. you feel like every meal is your last...:(

I actually NEVER cook chicken! LOL! I get it from this place in town called Midwestern Meats... it's actually cheaper to order 75 (or whatever the #) pre-cooked chicken breasts from them, get them delivered frozen for free and take out a few at a time to thaw, then I just eat them cold :) They also customize the ounces you need.

My evening meals are usually tilapia, eggs or steak (steak 2 weeks prior to competition), which I cook fresh daily :)

Any veggies or sweet potatoes get cooked on sundays and maybe wednesday nights to divvy up portions and have them ready to go!
And of course the protein powder tub is under my desk :)

BigChef

Thanks for the great tips Alex. I often to get lazy. But I prepare when I am ready to eat...I am quick in the kitchen so thats why I dont need to prepare myself ahead..

this is how I do it as well....I'm the original 30 minutes or less cook, lol....But

every once in a while I prepare for at least two days....I cannot re-heat meat in microwave though...yuk!

Currently, I find myself prepping 2 whole meals (tilipia or beef and rice daily and my grilled/baked chicken breast meal), but besides that I blend 3-4 huge protein shakes with skim milk and 2-3 heaping scoops of protein, sometimes I toss in 1-2 tbsp of natty peanut butter in there. Also, I always have 6-12 whole eggs in the fridge, ready to eat because I either scramble 6 eggs or eat them whole with turkey sausage patties. Oh, and nothing is faster then Steamfresh veggies in a bag;)

It does take prepping, but as Alex said, that is the name of the game!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131