advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Prescription Meds causing no REM when sleeping?

GoneForever

Banned
I heard from a few that prescription sleep aids,benzo's,anti anxiety meds,muscle relaxers,etc... all preven the body from going into REM when sleeping. I also heard that taking melatonin will reverse the effect and put you into REM. Is this true or bullshit? Thanks

Melatonin

I take 3mg from Optium Nutrition its about $3.00 for 100 tabs and that was told to me from a Pro and my Physician it isn't addictive and it works your body produces it naturally so it isn't harmful. I take it with my Casein 30min before bed.

HOPE THIS HELPS

haha just made me think of good ol' GHB :) REM in no time

Took it every night for 2 years and never felt better; deep restful sleep, no hangover. The good news is they are now prescribing it(ghb) for narcolepsy, it's called xyrem. The even better news is my sleep Dr says they may expand uses in the future, hopefully for chronic insomniacs like me and are working on new meds that work in similar way.

haha just made me think of good ol' GHB :) REM in no time

O what I would give for some ghb, I'll even settle for some gbl...

op

It's out there but be prepared to get a 7 yr mandatory minimum sentence in some states if you get caught with it. Yikes!!!

Ok lets kill the GH# talk cuz I dont want this thread to get deleted, even though I love it as well. Mods if you must just edit threads not the whole thing. Anyway back to the original ?. Anyone know if prescrip sleep aids,benzo's and muscle relaxers can cause an interferance of REM?

What about GABBA or Melatonin? do they work good?

Ok lets kill the GH# talk cuz I dont want this thread to get deleted, even though I love it as well. Mods if you must just edit threads not the whole thing. Anyway back to the original ?. Anyone know if prescrip sleep aids,benzo's and muscle relaxers can cause an interferance of REM?

I know its definitely true for benzos. Benzos decrease length spent in REM sleep.

dunno bout muscle relaxers thoug, or prescription sleep aids (which ones u talking buot)

Last edited:
my girlfriend takes 10mg lexapro

and its funny u made this thread, just 2 days ago she was complaining that she hasnt had "good deep sleep" since she has been taking it. She has very vivid dreams and wakes up a few times a night from them.

She tried the melatonin, but gave up after a week. I think she needed to give it some more time, but she wasnt happy with it.

But it's no longer just a rec drug, it's prescription, called xyrem. Still not ok to talk about?

It's out there but be prepared to get a 7 yr mandatory minimum sentence in some states if you get caught with it. Yikes!!!

Ouch!...Have they scheduled GBL yet?...

To original poster:

I didn't want to start another thread on this question...Hope u are ok with it..If not, let me know and I will delete...

op

i have been wanting to ask about xyrem but was afraid it would get deleted...
i may ask my doc about it but if it is just for narcolepsy not sure if i can use it off label for sleep.
i have had problems as well sleeping since taking benzo's...
im trying the natural route right now(kava,melatonin,5 htp) i hope this helps.

But it's no longer just a rec drug, it's prescription, called xyrem. Still not ok to talk about?

No rec drug talk.

Last edited:
Because you will always have post. Just like below witch was posted just after yours. No reg drug talk please.

Ouch!...Have they scheduled GBL yet?...

To original poster:

I didn't want to start another thread on this question...Hope u are ok with it..If not, let me know and I will delete...

op

I know its definitely true for benzos. Benzos decrease length spent in REM sleep.

dunno bout muscle relaxers thoug, or prescription sleep aids (which ones u talking buot)

Benzos stop you from reaching REM stage sleep.

Because you will always have post. Just like below witch was posted just after yours. No reg drug talk please.

Gottcha brah!...I wasn't aware that GBL was a rec drug...it's a solvent like ghb, but it's used to clean grease, grime, rims, u name it and it's non-toxic...so, if u want a good cleanner, try a GBL based product...it works as well as safe...Peace!

op

This is bullshit that benzo's stop REM. WTF, thats aweful. There goes GH production at night. There has to be away around this. How about melatonin, will that give you the REM back?

Benzos stop you from reaching REM stage sleep.

they completely stop?? my understanding was they just reduce the time spent in REM not completely stop REM..

and 4thgen. do u know for sure if decrease REM will stop GH production?? maybe just take a shot before u go to bed

anyone try phenibut? i have and i know it puts you into a deep sleep, especially being a gaba-agonist

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws