over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Presses First?

Big Lee

Registered
My delts, especially front delt are weaknesses. I have always done laterals and front raises first in my program. What are the general opinions on this? Should I do 2 or 3 presses different types first? My delt workout looks like this

Seated side laterals - 3 sets of 12-15 strict.

Rope front raises - 1 triple drop.

Clable side laterals - 1 triple dropper.

Clean and Press - 2 sets of 10-12.

Machine Presses - 1 triple dropper.

Upright rows or Arnold Presses - 1 or 2 sets depending on energy

10 sets for delts. Rear delts are done on back day and are one of my best parts. Front and side lack size and thickness.

I cant flat bench or behind neck press due to an injury as a teenager otherwise I have no injuries at present

Hey Big Lee, try this. Do rear delts first and then move on to shoulder presses with either d/bells or bar. I'm not a fan of behind the neck presses due to rotator injury years back from that exercise. Superset front raises in the neutral or thumbs up position and Dumbell side laterals. I would devote at least four sets to heavy presses to improve overall shoulder stength and size. I also do plate raises for front delts. This one is a killer and can be supersetted with side laterals. Smith machine presses to the front will also attack the fronts real hard. You need to keep the bar real close to your face and stop the downward motion at about chin level and press up to the top. Give it a go and let me know what you think! OR just see Julia for a killer delt workout, but be careful as she will cause seriuos pain!! NO kidding! Cheers bro!

Thanks D, I will give 1/3 of my workout to Presses and do them first! 4 sets minimum. I will try the plate raises too, although my rope cable raises seem to hit the spot, just nothing much grows in that area, the opposite to most guys.

im a powerlifter, so from a bodybuilding standpoint i don't know if this is gonna make sense. i would do all your presses first, so you'll get stronger eventually and be able to handle more weight on these, thus more size. i like to finish up my shoulders with dumbell lateral raises. 10'sx50,15'sx50,20'sx50,25'sx50,30'sx50
some days i go extremely heavy on these and have been able to go as heavy as 90's for 10 reps. again i dont know if any of this is useful but i figured i'd throw something out there lol. also, seated dumbell cleans are great for building up the rotator cuffs and the overall shoulder.

ironfreak83 said:
im a powerlifter, so from a bodybuilding standpoint i don't know if this is gonna make sense. i would do all your presses first, so you'll get stronger eventually and be able to handle more weight on these, thus more size. i like to finish up my shoulders with dumbell lateral raises. 10'sx50,15'sx50,20'sx50,25'sx50,30'sx50
some days i go extremely heavy on these and have been able to go as heavy as 90's for 10 reps. again i dont know if any of this is useful but i figured i'd throw something out there lol. also, seated dumbell cleans are great for building up the rotator cuffs and the overall shoulder.
Hey ironfreak, of course it helps and is very useful. I used to always do presses first. After a rotator injury some years back I had to change some of my training around. I do rear delt first just to tension my shoulder joint so I can then press pain free. You are correct. Presses first and heavy if the shoulder is warmed up. Us old guys have to watch out these days, shit does not heal as fast as the youngsters. 90's on side lats!!! Holy fuck batman, that's heavy:eek: You are truely the IRONFREAK. good work bro!!

I was always tought with the deltoid to work back to front, this bought me much more strength in my atheletic event. hope this helps:)

My .02.
Standing Military Press to the front with the olympic bar.
Alway's do you biggest lift's first.

OK, my delt workout today will be this.

Seated DB Press - 3 w'ups. 3 x heavy, strict sets of 6-10 reps

Clean and press (2 presses at a time) - 3 sets.

Machine Press - 1 x DC rest-pause set.

side laterals - heavy for 8 reps x 3 drop sets

partial range wide grip upright rows, slow and strict for 1 drop set.

My rear delts are way bigger than front and side so I only do 1 set for them after back. I like 10-12 sets for delts, I might even throw 2 sets of plate raises at the end to fully trash them.:D :cool:

Then I have 85g of Jelly snakes, 65g whey isolate (olypeptide), 5g BCAA,5g glut. 5g Creatine, 3g vitc. That should do the trick till my beef aminos come in damnit. Thanks for the input guys. I really appreciate it.:D :cool: :cool:

Big Lee said:
OK, my delt workout today will be this.

Seated DB Press - 3 w'ups. 3 x heavy, strict sets of 6-10 reps

Clean and press (2 presses at a time) - 3 sets.

Machine Press - 1 x DC rest-pause set.

side laterals - heavy for 8 reps x 3 drop sets

partial range wide grip upright rows, slow and strict for 1 drop set.

My rear delts are way bigger than front and side so I only do 1 set for them after back. I like 10-12 sets for delts, I might even throw 2 sets of plate raises at the end to fully trash them.:D :cool:

Then I have 85g of Jelly snakes, 65g whey isolate (olypeptide), 5g BCAA,5g glut. 5g Creatine, 3g vitc. That should do the trick till my beef aminos come in damnit. Thanks for the input guys. I really appreciate it.:D :cool: :cool:
Hey Big Lee, seriously, try to hook up with julia from your gym. She will pound your delts to dust my friend. This girl trains fucking hard man. I know cause she was my training partner for many years. She knows what and how to do!! Give it a whirl. be ready for some pain brutha. She's a five setter on many exercises. She's been killing kris with free weight workouts. Cheers!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws