Pro hormone ban update

big_byrd52

World Record Holder/Featured Member/KiloKlub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Thursday, June 3, 2004

House votes to ban sales of andro, other pre-steroids

Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- The House overwhelmingly voted Thursday to limit sales of steroid precursors such as androstenedione following congressional and public pressure to stamp out performance-enhancing drug use among baseball players.

The bill, passed 408-3, would ban over-the-counter sales of precursors, which act like steroids in the human body.

"We are here to say enough is enough by making it harder to traffic in steroids and making sure there are tough penalties for those who do," said House Judiciary Chairman James Sensenbrenner, R-Wis.

The bill also would double the penalties for manufacturing or distributing anabolic steroids at or near a sports facility.
"The bill will go a long way to ensure that our nation's athletes and children will not be exposed to these dangerous products," said Rep. Joe Barton, R-Texas.

While protecting pro sports is important, stopping children from using those chemicals is even more important, House members said.

"Young athletes are using these drugs in the belief that they can become great in their sports and gain a lot of money," said Rep. Bobby Scott, D-Va. "However, in addition to risking disqualification in their sport, they also risk stunted growth, infertility and other long-term health problems and even death."

Similar legislation, sponsored by Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., is pending in the Senate.

The House debated the bill on Wednesday but delayed the vote until Thursday.

Congress has taken an increased interest in the issue this year in the wake of reports of steroid use among athletes. A federal grand jury in San Francisco has indicted four men on charges of illegally distributing steroids, including the personal trainer of Barry Bonds.

Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig has asked the union to renegotiate its contract to include a tough steroids policy, and union chief Donald Fehr has left open the possibility of doing that before the players' collective bargaining agreement expires in December 2006.

This is fucking bullshit!! i dont use PH but thats not the point! If they want to ban it for atheletes so that there is level playing field, fine. if the athletes agree to play under those rules then great. But i am not playing for millions of dollars! why should i have to follow the same damn rules they do and not see one damn cent for it?! i didnt sign any contract that says i agree to these rules.

if people can chose to have an extreme makeover and risk deformation and death, why cant we choose to take a small risk, bust our ass and maybe see some results? All this is being done by some fat fucking polotician sitting there smoking a cigerette with glass of vodka! yea, there been no risk associated with those two!! And we have already successfully kept those away from young kids! give me a fucking break.

who do we write to bitch about this?

So, what I wanna know is, whats the limitations of distance for the " at or near a sports facility". There is a lil league baseball complex 2 miles from my house, does this mean Im screwed?

I don't think it does any good to bitch about it. It's all about the fat assed politicians who think they are doing justice to the citizens of the USA, but are actually are acting as participants of the downfall of the USA and don't even realize it! It just opens the black market up even further. Just makes economic gains for other countries and domestic suppliers. Oh well!

Doggtales said:
It just opens the black market up even further. Just makes economic gains for other countries and domestic suppliers. Oh well!
And takes money away from our tax-base, which is paying "their" bills - dumb f*cks!

xcel

Yes, this sucks it can greatly hurt my business.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
IronGame420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
yourdailyvitamins
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131