over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pros vrs Pros

shawnkarbabacz

Registered
Weve all heard the term 'theres more then one way to skin a cat'. My question though is how do guys like say phil for example, since so many guys here work with him, feel when they see other credible sources give diet/training advice that is opposite (or nearly opposite) of his? I know he advocates eating when hungry, but then theres plenty of other trainers that think you NEED a certain amount of macros a day.

I dont mean this thread to become an arguement, but it just makes me curious. I mean some guys LIVE by palumbos high fat low carb ideas, whereas other pros find it ridiculous.

Im also curious about how many pros that are actual buddies but have totally different diet ideas get along when they discuss it :p I know i can get worked up talking to my other buddies that lift about diet/training, and weve got 4% of the understanding that guys who make their living off of their knowledge do!

Question

Weve all heard the term 'theres more then one way to skin a cat'. My question though is how do guys like say phil for example, since so many guys here work with him, feel when they see other credible sources give diet/training advice that is opposite (or nearly opposite) of his? I know he advocates eating when hungry, but then theres plenty of other trainers that think you NEED a certain amount of macros a day.

I dont mean this thread to become an arguement, but it just makes me curious. I mean some guys LIVE by palumbos high fat low carb ideas, whereas other pros find it ridiculous.

Im also curious about how many pros that are actual buddies but have totally different diet ideas get along when they discuss it :p I know i can get worked up talking to my other buddies that lift about diet/training, and weve got 4% of the understanding that guys who make their living off of their knowledge do!

I think there is a best way yes........has everyone found it yet? No........because everyone has different goals, sacrifice thresholds, time constraints, proirities, health issues........all must be worked around.

A little off topic...

but your post made me ask this question:

Why do people HIRE a Pro like PHIL, then come to this board and ask a question that Phil CLEARLY outlines in his original regiment that he sends his clients?

Like, "Is 60 minutes of cardio in the morning on an empty stomach with one shoe and a diaper good for burning fat?"

It cracks me up. Why even pay for a trainer and brag about it in your signature with a fancy picture then ask questions like that?

...sorry.

hahaha! i agree with you ness 100% People pony up the dough for a trainer, but then when they hear something they dont like or agree with, they just say screw it im gonna do what i want. You JUST paid MONEY to someone you conceed to know much much more, which is why you are paying them, but then you go against their advice right away. Doesnt make much sense...

Hey im about to go take a dump, can the guys that dont listen to the pros they pay to help them give me a few hundo dollar bills? Its gonna be a messy one and i gotta wipe... :p

Well, You have to trust your trainer! Like you said why pay if your not going to listen??? Phil trains me and I give him 110% because he knows what I am aiming for and I know he is going to teach me the right ways if I listen to him 110% Phil knows my body better than myself, I like Phil's rules. There are no rules we do what works and Phil knows what works!:D

End of story...........;)

Hahahahha

but your post made me ask this question:

Why do people HIRE a Pro like PHIL, then come to this board and ask a question that Phil CLEARLY outlines in his original regiment that he sends his clients?

Like, "Is 60 minutes of cardio in the morning on an empty stomach with one shoe and a diaper good for burning fat?"

It cracks me up. Why even pay for a trainer and brag about it in your signature with a fancy picture then ask questions like that?

...sorry.

I swear Ness, I can name 10 people on here who do not believe my routine....they then come on here and ask the same questions they just paid me to answer.........and sometimes get a similar answer.....if not something that will only confuse them later on.....Everyones routine morphs as we go along.......I do not believe in going to step G before step B....efficient as possible because maybe we will not even need to go to step G.

I swear Ness, I can name 10 people on here who do not believe my routine....they then come on here and ask the same questions they just paid me to answer.........and sometimes get a similar answer.....if not something that will only confuse them later on.....Everyones routine morphs as we go along.......I do not believe in going to step G before step B....efficient as possible because maybe we will not even need to go to step G.

Well I have asked you some stupid questions, no doubt. However, that is through email correspondence. I dont come on here and post it for the world to see....especially in front of your other clients!

Also, its not like you dont answer EVERY email. On top of that, Ive yet to have to wait more than a few minutes or hours to hear back from you.

This sounded sooooo gay LOL I had to say it :p

Well if that is how you want to take then so be it. But I think everyone knows what I am trying to say. I am not the best with words but oh well.........:rolleyes:

Well if that is how you want to take then so be it. But I think everyone knows what I am trying to say. I am not the best with words but oh well.........:rolleyes:

Just a stupid joke, lots of respect for Phil, I know he is a hell of a trainer ;)

maybe after years of experimenting polumbo found that to be how HE needed to eat to grow. you need to realize that phil, emeric, and so on dont just say "here ya go, do this and youll be huge". im sure any GOOD trainer would operate the way he does. its more lilr"ok we are going to start out at this point, and watch how you respond and then constantly make adjustments based on results to get you where you need to be." im sure my body responds totally different than than Phil's other trainees so my diet and training approach are going to be different than the next guy. each pro, when genetics are taken out of the equation, does something most of us dont ever do. they pay attention to their bodies, dont overcomplicate everything, and do what ever is necessary to reach each specific goal. no i understand thats a blanket statement but it should give you the idea im shooting for.

yea i agree, each pro (whos worth anything) will cater to peoples specific needs. it does seem like they each have their own set outline though, then work from that, and that basic outline can be VERY different from one pro to the next.

I was just wondering how those guys react when they see somebody else take a TOTALLY different approach.

But i agree, good trainers can know your body way faster then you can yourself...imo...

I'm sure Phil or any other trainer worth their salt, isn't telling everyone to do the exact same thing. Everyone is different. I'm sure he is observing every client very closely and making changes as he sees fit. The bottom line with training anyone, and I can speak from experience, and this is going to be a shocker..... They don't always do what you tell them. 90 percent of the time when someone isn't getting results it's because they are not doing what they SAY they are doing.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard "I don't eat anything and I still don't lose weight", my response has become a very crass, That my friend is a pathological impossibility.

I certainly agree that there are better ways of doing things as Phil has proposed. I also believe genetics to be the number one factor in determining who gets big and ripped and who does not.

Correct me if I'm wrong..but I dont think palumbo is a pro?

And that's funny Phil..seeing is beliveing I guess...the weilders blinded everyone with doing 5600 sets per body part...I blame them.

No, let me tell you why people will hear it from a pro and then question the shit out of it. Because everybody has this notion in their head that the professionals are doing all this shit we dont even know about, top secret things, sleeping with IV's hooked up to them delivering GH, using special steroids nobody knows of yet, and doing special workouts. Then you go to the guy and he gives you an honest answer and the advice is so simple that they cannot help but question it. My guy is IFBB, and he believes in keeping shit simple. And I can tell you guys this, most of those guys ARE NOT USING DNP!! And you may also be shocked to find that you know more about peptides and steroids than some of them do. But they refuse to believe these things, because the harsh reality of somebody else responding better to diet and training, better genetics than them, would just crush their little pipe dream of being Arnold Schwarzenegger. So they continue searching for the magic answer that they'll never find because they're too blind to see things for the way they are.

Correct me if I'm wrong..but I dont think palumbo is a pro?

And that's funny Phil..seeing is beliveing I guess...the weilders blinded everyone with doing 5600 sets per body part...I blame them.

No i dont think hes a pro BB. I was more talking about pro trainer. Guess i shoulda specified.

And yea, weiders ideas of thousands of sets still run through my mind and nightmares. Im gradually taking more and more sets out of my routine. I used to blast my biceps with 16 sets. Now i do 6-7...and they are growing better....must be the added milk im drinking nowadays... :p

No i dont think hes a pro BB. I was more talking about pro trainer. Guess i shoulda specified.

And yea, weiders ideas of thousands of sets still run through my mind and nightmares. Im gradually taking more and more sets out of my routine. I used to blast my biceps with 16 sets. Now i do 6-7...and they are growing better....must be the added milk im drinking nowadays... :p

Hire Phil and see how much they grow. ;)

Hire Phil and see how much they grow. ;)

June 3rd :D theres no pt in starting right now because ive got 2 weddings and a vaction coming up in the next 5 weeks. I dont wanna be tryin to do a trial period when i know im not gonna be able to give it my all.

But soon!

P.s. deadly,
you probably dont remember but you had a post a while ago about putting EVOO in milk and doin it like a shot.....fantastic advice!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131