over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein Source?

BigMatt

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Looking For Most Complete Amino acid Protein food(cheap).
For the moment I got:

tuna can(Very Cheap,fast to eat-Great!)
White eggs(i heard its the most complete protein you can get)
whey protein Optimun
Cottage cheese FAT FREE
Chicken
Steak(expensive...)

For carbs:
Brown Rice
Oatmean Natural
White Rice
Grits
Beans&Lentilles
sweet corn
whole weath pasta
ground maize (corn)
Quinoa cereal

Anymore?:)

I try to keep it basic...and buy in bulk so its more cheap that way.

To be honest your list is almost perfect. Ill step up and say that cottage chesse is #1. It digests slow, low in fat, sugar, and carbs. God bless cottage cheese!

As far as your carbs, I see you like sweet corn (me too). But do you like sweet potatoes? They are a good source of carbs as well, and easy to cook of course! The pasta might be a little high. Heres how I look at it, being a fat hungry guy all the time. Would I rather have 1.5 cups of pasta that = 70 carbs OR a sweet potatoe(big) that = 70 crabs, the potatoe would be more filling, which means the less of a chance to cheat outisde of diet do to hunger. Hope this helps.

My $0.02

Feedback is after food:
BigMatt said:

WHOLE EGGS are the most complete protein, not just the white. The yolk is actually the GOOD cholesterol!

whey protein Optimun

This junk and I wouldn't wast my money (I've used it). Get a quality whey protein isolate like Synthepure or True Protein - otherwise don't waste your money

For carbs:

White Rice -

Why, since you eating brown rice?

sweet corn

Corn is actually a starch and is not that good

ground maize (corn)

Same as corn

xcelbeyond said:
Feedback is after food:

WHOLE EGGS are the most complete protein, not just the white. The yolk is actually the GOOD cholesterol!

whey protein Optimun

This junk and I wouldn't wast my money (I've used it). Get a quality whey protein isolate like Synthepure or True Protein - otherwise don't waste your money

For carbs:

White Rice -

Why, since you eating brown rice?

sweet corn

Corn is actually a starch and is not that good

ground maize (corn)

Same as corn
I know whole eggs are more complete,i just heard that egg whites are good and many pro bodybuilders are eating just egg whites(Coleman,Cutler...)

About the Optimun its the only thing i can afford,im still a full time student in university... its pretty cheap here in canada.82$ For 10lb

bigmatt, I am in your boat, I go to school full time and work 15-20 hrs a week at a gym, its tough to cook and clean and buy food especially with all my bills i need to pay, food is food though if you can only get your protein from protein shakes, then so be it, it wont make you as full, but itll do the trick any way you do it in my opinion, I consume all my meals in protein powder, and some may say its retarded, but the choc. protein is good with oats cooked and its seems to be doing the trick to gaining while staying lean but I do have an advisor helping me with my diet now as well , to each is own and if you need the protein and can only afford optimum nutrition shakes, then do it, these are small things in the whole grand scheme of things, which means be consistent and youll be fine.

$82 for 10 pounds? as said before...you can get a much better protein powder for less than this.

jahras12 said:
and if you need the protein and can only afford optimum nutrition shakes, then do it, these are small things in the whole grand scheme of things, which means be consistent and youll be fine.
The only thing with low quality protein like this is the higher amounts of lactose, which MANY people are intolerant to or at least gives you gas or it makes you feel bloated.
BigMatt said:
I know whole eggs are more complete,i just heard that egg whites are good and many pro bodybuilders are eating just egg whites(Coleman,Cutler...)
IMHO there's still a lot of misconception about egg yolks. I wish Phil Hernon would chiime in on this. He's no little boy and he eats the yolks.

I think that nobody was eating yolk because of the fat AND it was considered bad on your cholesterol. In reality, the yolk provides the good cholesterol! It's amazing how many bb'ers will throw away the yolk then take additional fats by using flaxseed oil or other oils :confused:

xcel, you are right and I did not think about that before posting it up, I can handle the shakes and some people may get very bloated from the lactose, so you have to figure out what works for you especially if your on a budget, but eating a lot of protein always made me bloated/gassy, animal sources or powder, especially egg whites, I just take in how I feel, I am not concerned with numbers anymore, if I am hungry I eat, when I am satisfied I stop, I sure as hell cant stay consistent with 500 grams of protein coming from egg whites and tuna for the next ten years, gotta let the cards fall and see what happens, and eat normal.

I agree with AG-Guys. Beef is the shit. Keeps me full and tight better than any other protein.

Hercules said:
$82 for 10 pounds? as said before...you can get a much better protein powder for less than this.

66$ USD for 10lb if i do the Canadian/USA conversion...
I think its pretty cheap

BigMatt said:

About the Optimun its the only thing i can afford,im still a full time student in university... its pretty cheap here in canada.82$ For 10lb

Agreed, with xcel - whole eggs is the way to go.

Also, if all you can afford is Optimum, spend the money on tuna and you will be better off for it.

Im am in the same boat. Im broke as all hell, work part time and go to school at a major university full time. I get a 20% discount at my gym on everything. I go through about 5lbs of optimum in a month, thats averaging 8-10 scoops per day, is that TOO MUCH WHEY? We have muscle milk(too fatening) and labrada(too much sugar and carbs) and some other junk. But $24 for 5lbs which will last a month. The only other places I am gettin protein is tuna(2 cans per day) eggs(4 per day) and whatever meat thats on my sub for lunch! I cant even afford cottage chesses, my favorite pm snack, Im just chugging a shake before bed and going to bed hungry! Somethings got to give. How much trouble would I get into if I started eating people's pets in my neighborhood? Think they would miss their cat? Cats are high in protein, and free, theres TONS of them here!!!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws