advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question about scenario involving protein intake.

$$moneymoneymoneyy$$

Newbies
Let’s take two guys, identical twins who have been properly and consistently training for X amount of years. Both A and B use same dosage/compounds of AAS with identical recovery in terms of sleep, stress and work. Both guys eat eat around their maintenance calories (3k Cals per day)

The one caveat would be that guy B is inconsistent with protein intake and usually takes in maybe .7-.8 g/lb on average per day, whereas guy A consistently eats 1.5-2g/lb of protein a day. Would there be a noticeable or significant difference in body composition and results? Could guy B make a noticeable improvement by matching his protein intake to A?

Let’s assume they both weigh 200 lbs.

A) 140 - 160 grams of protein
B) 300 - 400 grams of protein

Let’s also assume, since not much info was given, that they are on a carb heavy diet as most bodybuilders are.

I can only speak from experience. In my opinion, guy B will have the better physique. Why? Well…that’s what happened to me when I upped my protein intake. Will guy A develop 2x the muscle as B, probably not but who truly knows where our cut off is. Remember that in the simplest terms, muscle is built from protein not fat or carbs. If you want maximal muscle gains you should maximize your protein, maximize carbs to the point where you don’t get fat and keep fats at a minimum.

Every monsterous guy on this forum that actually posts their physique will tell you that they either do that or built their mass doing that, even if they don’t anymore for various reasons. There’s loads of guys that advocate for .7 -.8 but let me ask you something, which group looks like a bodybuilder and which looks like a gym rat, if that?

Obviously, changes don’t happen overnight. You have to stay consistent to reap any benefits. Bodybuilding is a marathon, not a sprint.

I'm no expert but I'd assume the guy eating like he wants to build muscle will have a better physique. I don't pay attention to studies on untrained people 17% with man boobs and how much protein they claim to eat over 12 weeks.

If no other reason he will probably be leaner at worst as the thermic affect of food. If one was taking 300g vs 400g protein probably no difference.

But only 140g? Again no expert but leaving gains in the table.

Very likely.

of logic
if both eat 3000 kcal/day and one of the two is not consistent with proteins---logical--it follows that, to stay at 3000 kcal/day, subject b is eating more carbohydrates and/or fats.
the two diets are therefore different not only in protein, but also in the other two macronutrients.
different diets, different people, different results.

What made you think of this bizarre scenario?
I’m going be be honest, I’ve been really stuck in a rut this past year as far as my fitness goes. From being inconsistent to just terrible recovery and stress, it’s been a complete shit show. Now I’m trying to get all the pieces of the puzzle back together so I can be where I was last spring which is when I was looking and performing at my absolute best.

I think my lackluster protein intake has been the one key factor holding me back as my training, drive, recovery is all back in place, I’m eating as much as I was last spring but still struggling tremendously. I now remember that I actually was on top of my protein intake last spring, and I need to get that back on track. The past year it’s been a shitty iifym diet with 150g protein on average. My weight is around 7lbs less than it was at my best and I’m not as lean or vascular. Hopefully now I can get back to where I was, maybe muscle memory will kick in.

I also restrict my sodium often and that may play a role in my performance and overall energy. Just always flat and soft after working out coupled with brain fog and lethargy. Potassium and magnesium have been relatively high 4000mg and 600mg respectively.

Overall I’m just pissed off with myself and confidence has been really in the gutter due to the lack of progression and discipline

I’m going be be honest, I’ve been really stuck in a rut this past year as far as my fitness goes. From being inconsistent to just terrible recovery and stress, it’s been a complete shit show. Now I’m trying to get all the pieces of the puzzle back together so I can be where I was last spring which is when I was looking and performing at my absolute best.

I think my lackluster protein intake has been the one key factor holding me back as my training, drive, recovery is all back in place, I’m eating as much as I was last spring but still struggling tremendously. I now remember that I actually was on top of my protein intake last spring, and I need to get that back on track. The past year it’s been a shitty iifym diet with 150g protein on average. My weight is around 7lbs less than it was at my best and I’m not as lean or vascular. Hopefully now I can get back to where I was, maybe muscle memory will kick in.

I also restrict my sodium often and that may play a role in my performance and overall energy. Just always flat and soft after working out coupled with brain fog and lethargy. Potassium and magnesium have been relatively high 4000mg and 600mg respectively.

Overall I’m just pissed off with myself and confidence has been really in the gutter due to the lack of progression and discipline
Have you had blood work done? Because at this point it sounds like you’re just pissing in the wind with theories. Not saying you’re wrong but I would def see what all your levels are at.

Have you had blood work done? Because at this point it sounds like you’re just pissing in the wind with theories. Not saying you’re wrong but I would def see what all your levels are at.
Yeah that’s good point I just don’t want to blame hormones or bloodwork when I haven’t had everything else dialed in. I really think it’s just been an issue with lack of discipline and protein

Let’s take two guys, identical twins who have been properly and consistently training for X amount of years. Both A and B use same dosage/compounds of AAS with identical recovery in terms of sleep, stress and work. Both guys eat eat around their maintenance calories (3k Cals per day)

The one caveat would be that guy B is inconsistent with protein intake and usually takes in maybe .7-.8 g/lb on average per day, whereas guy A consistently eats 1.5-2g/lb of protein a day. Would there be a noticeable or significant difference in body composition and results? Could guy B make a noticeable improvement by matching his protein intake to A?
3k calories per day with higher carbs and fats/lower protein will absolutely yield a different result and physique.

In your scenario or case- if gear and workouts are involved I would opt for the higher protein if lean muscle is your goal.

Carbs and fats are your energy macros and protein sparing. Build your macros around your protein and fats, then adjust your carbs up and down accordingly based on your caloric needs and goals- gain muscle or lose fat.

This is an elementary answer, but it’s not rocket science either. Lol There’s a lot of great threads on here so would suggest searching through them as at the end of the day consistency, discipline and CICO matter tremendously in either scenario.

Hope this helps!

Yeah that’s good point I just don’t want to blame hormones or bloodwork when I haven’t had everything else dialed in. I really think it’s just been an issue with lack of discipline and protein
so it's not a "protein problem", it's a mind problem that you're still trying to mask with something else.
no offense, but first of all you have to find the right mindset without hiding behind a fistful of proteins, then the rest settles down over time

so it's not a "protein problem", it's a mind problem that you're still trying to mask with something else.
no offense, but first of all you have to find the right mindset without hiding behind a fistful of proteins, then the rest settles down over time
More drive and discipline then

Just an observation, I feel like the posts I've seen from the advanced guys here, it's protein, minimal fat, then fill the rest with carbs. The non protein calories are more towards carbs than fats.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws