over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

quitting alcohol cold turkey question

GorillaGenetics

Registered
i relapsed about a month ago have been drinking everyday

some one i met at AA told me there are some vitamins you can get to help make withdraw easier

does anyone have some insight on this

other than valium

I struggled with alcohol for years and I now have been sober for close to 5 years. In my experience there is no vitamin that will help with withdrawal symptoms. Melatonin might help with the sleep issues you will have but other than that I don't know of anything. If the withdrawals are real bad and you are shaking(as I always did) you might go to the hospital and let them know. I did that and told them I was waiting to get into detox when a bed opened and they gave me some meds so I wouldn't have a seizure. The body can seize up from lack of alcohol if you are that bad. Hopefully this helps some and good luck with staying off the alcohol!

I struggled with alcohol for years and I now have been sober for close to 5 years. In my experience there is no vitamin that will help with withdrawal symptoms. Melatonin might help with the sleep issues you will have but other than that I don't know of anything. If the withdrawals are real bad and you are shaking(as I always did) you might go to the hospital and let them know. I did that and told them I was waiting to get into detox when a bed opened and they gave me some meds so I wouldn't have a seizure. The body can seize up from lack of alcohol if you are that bad. Hopefully this helps some and good luck with staying off the alcohol!

the shakes arent bad at all really stuggling with the hunger side of it right now i can barely eat im tryin to stay as hydrated as a can drinking lots of water and pedialyte to flush my system out best i can and eating small amounts of things as often as i can force them down

i dont have insurance at the moment so i cant afford the hospital

as already said, just watch yourself if you have the shakes real bad try going to your general practitioner and telling them whats going on. they may prescribe you Librium (a benzo) so u don't have a seizure. also maybe try an AA meeting. good luck brother.

L thyrosine bud. Alot of addicts use it when going through recovery.

I use it every day just for the enhanced mood I get from it.

A relative of mine quit drinking with the help of Naltrexone. There is a book called "The Cure for Alcoholism" by DR. Roy Eskapa. Personally, I'm very suspect of anything that has "cure" in the title for a disease. However, he swears it worked. Good Luck!!

You've got to fight fire with fire. Taper off every aspect of drinking with drinking.

I've found it the safest and best way. It's also the most difficult way.

Taper off the acute withdrawals with alcohol now and later on taper off the lifestyle of chronic drunkenness. If you need to recruit a trusted family member to administer the alcohol doses because you don't trust yourself yet, even better.

You most likely didn't start out drinking a fifth of booze or a 12-pack of beer every day and you shouldn't be expected to stop as abruptly either.

The trick to successfully quitting is to go out in the same exact manner as the way you went in.

They won't tell you this pearl of wisdom in any AA meeting. Talk about a boring group of terminal co-dependants.

And if you have faith in God, avoiding falling into the trap you clawed your way out of will be even easier.

so say i was drinking a fifth a day just take a shot every 5-6 hours or something like that to ween myself off

My friend, I feel your pain. As a former opiate addict I knkow the fear of the withdrawls... with alcohol its dangereous to the point that u can die so I would recommend defiantly using a benzo to detox, just don't pick up another habit in the process. I used SAM-E for cognitive function its expensive but works great. Pray bud, pray is all I can say. I will pray for you as well and I truly wish you the best.

I just want to echo what was said about going to a medical professional. Alcohol detox can be potentially fatal and is something to be taken seriously. Have have been sober since March of 2008 and was blessed enough to go to a rehab facility. However, I often take sponsees and newcomers to a county run detox facility. Check to see if there is anything like that in your area. I will keep you in my prayers brother. Alcoholism is a brutal and cunning disease. Your Higher Power will help you if you honestly seek it. Oh, and maybe hitting a meeting everyday won't hurt you:)

Last edited:
When I quit drinking i just quit cold turkey so I don't really know about any vitamins that would help.

A good support group....AA or whatever appeals to you can be instrumental in your long term success.

Alcohol is a cunning beast. I wish you success in your efforts.

You've got to fight fire with fire. Taper off every aspect of drinking with drinking.

I've found it the safest and best way. It's also the most difficult way.

Taper off the acute withdrawals with alcohol now and later on taper off the lifestyle of chronic drunkenness. If you need to recruit a trusted family member to administer the alcohol doses because you don't trust yourself yet, even better.

You most likely didn't start out drinking a fifth of booze or a 12-pack of beer every day and you shouldn't be expected to stop as abruptly either.

The trick to successfully quitting is to go out in the same exact manner as the way you went in.

They won't tell you this pearl of wisdom in any AA meeting. Talk about a boring group of terminal co-dependants.

And if you have faith in God, avoiding falling into the trap you clawed your way out of will be even easier.

This is a very difficult especially if someone is a true alcoholic. By definition the phenomenon of cravings will kick in after the 1st drink.

so say i was drinking a fifth a day just take a shot every 5-6 hours or something like that to ween myself off

How long has it been since your last drink? If you've gone 24hrs with mild to moderate discomfort you will be okay!!
In my opinion meetings are a must!!

bro pm me if you want to chat!

Good luck buddy, this may sound lame but try herbal calming tea, Just replace that beer with tea, try it watch you'll be a tea junkie in no time.

If your shakes aren't that bad then you are fine.
Sounds like you have been down this road before and know what bad shakes are really like.
Just hydrate and get in a little low intensity cardio if you can.
How long has it been since your last drink?

If your shakes aren't that bad then you are fine.
Sounds like you have been down this road before and know what bad shakes are really like.
Just hydrate and get in a little low intensity cardio if you can.
How long has it been since your last drink?

my last drink was last night so its been almost 24 hours

the only problem is i live by myself and my brother has my dogs until thursday

everyone i know is either at work or has school tomorrow so im just telling myself mentally not to go buy alcohol

just watching sons of anarchy and messing around on the internet trying to relax and hydrate

my last drink was last night so its been almost 24 hours

the only problem is i live by myself and my brother has my dogs until thursday

everyone i know is either at work or has school tomorrow so im just telling myself mentally not to go buy alcohol

just watching sons of anarchy and messing around on the internet trying to relax and hydrate

Alcoholics Anonymous : Click Here!!!!:D

There will be a listing of all the meetings in your area. There is also a phone number that a real person will answer and if you need a ride someone will most likely come pick you up.

Meetings really helped me keep my mind off drinking in those initial days. I didn't have the will power myself to fight the mental obsessions for the 1st few days/weeks.

Well that explains the video you just posted in the pic section.

Alcoholics Anonymous : Click Here!!!!:D

There will be a listing of all the meetings in your area. There is also a phone number that a real person will answer and if you need a ride someone will most likely come pick you up.

Meetings really helped me keep my mind off drinking in those initial days. I didn't have the will power myself to fight the mental obsessions for the 1st few days/weeks.

the best advice:yeahthat:

I've been sober for 5 years so I understand what you are going thru. Call around and get yourself some Kratom. They probably sell it at the vapor shops in your town. Buy about 20 bucks worth and take 3 grams every 4 hours. This will help immensely. Pm me if you have any questions. Google kratom to educate your self.

AA meetings saved my life. I went to one everysingle day for 90 days.

Last edited:
Ooh man. I feel for you. I have fought alcoholism all my life and I'm coming up to 50 yrs old soon.
When I got back into this bodybuilding lifestyle, and saw the positive changes I made with my body, having a beer gut and droopy shoulders, there was no way in hell I was going to loose any of my gains by drinking.
I am coming up 1 yr sober this month. And I feel better then ever.

everyone has to find their own way to stay the fuck away from it.
I pray that you can free yourself from this. You can do it brother. Please, please try your hardest.

Hit me up any time if you need to talk. But don't drink today.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws