YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Randomly Holding 5-6lb of water? Health issue?

MKSuccess500

Registered
I started prepping this year a little early. Was around 203 by early december then the last 2 weeks before the holidays I was down to 200-201, looking leaner than ever. I hate a huge cheat on Christmas but waistline was down to a new low (at 203) by the next weekend. We do a big family thing every year so both 12/30 and 12/31 I had huge feasts, upwards of 7000 calories per day. No alcohol.

Weight shot up to 210 and is still 205-206?? I have NEVER held weight like this before and I'm wondering if it could mean some sort of health issue holding onto water like this. I have averaged 1700 calories from the day after Christmas until the family weekend (4 days) and again averaged 1700 for the 6 days after the family weekend. Even if those cheats put on a full 2lb of fat on me these subsequent 10 low calorie days should easily have me back to 200-201lb. I'm starving every day and my arms are as small as they got to when I was 201. When I wake up and see my stomach in the morning it looks very soft as if I just had a huge cheat day just yesterday.

I don't compete super soon but I do have a vacation in a few months. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what the hell is going on.

I am only on TRT and arimidex which have been constant for a long time

Any thoughts? I am almost considering having a moderate refeed tonight to see if that shakes off the weight, or taking some dandelion extract. Like I said I've never seen this before and my midsection just looks like mush. My waistline is STILL up over half an inch despite the minimal food and my abdominal skinfold is up 3mm while everything else is more or less the same.

It's happens to me from time to time adex normally takes the water off in 4-6 days ,I have a BP issue I take meds for and imho if your holding water 10 days after u start the adex and clean up your diet get to your doctor,have you taken your bp since ?

It's happens to me from time to time adex normally takes the water off in 4-6 days ,I have a BP issue I take meds for and imho if your holding water 10 days after u start the adex and clean up your diet get to your doctor,have you taken your bp since ?

I have been on the same dose of TRT and adex for over a year now. 150mg Testosterone Cypionate and 1mg adex per week both from my doctor. My testosterone is always upper normal and estrogen always lower normal right where I want them.

I have a BP monitor at home. This morning it was 105/65. Heart rate is 45bpm.

It's very confusing to me. My stomach is like a water bag right now as if I ate at a chinese buffet yesterday or something.

Only other thing I can add is that normally I struggle to get 7-8hr of sleep but the last 3 nights I've sleep 9 hours and have still been tired during the day. Not sure if thats relevant.

You could try really upping your water intake for a few days and see if you body gives some of it up? Using any gh or peptides?

You could try really upping your water intake for a few days and see if you body gives some of it up? Using any gh or peptides?

I've been drinking several cups of several cups of tea in addition to the 12-16 cups of water I drink daily. Peeing like crazy. Hasn't seemed to change anything.

I don't use gh, peptides, or anything besides my TRT and AI.

My cousin has some cardiomyopathy so there are some heart issues in my family which made me wonder if retaining water meant some health issue, but I can't see any reason why it would be all of a sudden like this. It's a pretty dramatic increase out of nowhere.

The longer you diet and the lower the calories are during the diet will make you more sensitive to bloat/rebound if you eat way more calories for a few days

going from 1700cals to over 7000cals for 4 days will cause some weight gain that can take 1-2 weeks to burn off after resuming diet.

Don't stress over it and the weight will go away.

1700cals is pretty low for 200lbs, your body wants to be heavier

The longer you diet and the lower the calories are during the diet will make you more sensitive to bloat/rebound if you eat way more calories for a few days

going from 1700cals to over 7000cals for 4 days will cause some weight gain that can take 1-2 weeks to burn off after resuming diet.

Don't stress over it and the weight will go away.

1700cals is pretty low for 200lbs, your body wants to be heavier

Thanks for the reply

I think you might have misread my original post. I ate ~7000 on Christmas but that was then followed by 4 days at 1700 and hitting a new low for my waist/body fat. Then it was just 2 days at 7000 the following weekend. So somehow after 2 days (not 4) at 7000 I'm still up 5lb and stomach looks very bloated after 6-7 days at dieting levels.

I understand a rebound is expected, I've just never seen one remotely this bad. Yes I've gained 8-10lb in a day before but I've never held onto it like this. Seems like most people are back to normal within 1-3 days and I usually am as well. 7 days still being 5lb heavier seems like something is really wrong...I can't think of a single example I've seen of that happening before.

I started prepping this year a little early. Was around 203 by early december then the last 2 weeks before the holidays I was down to 200-201, looking leaner than ever. I hate a huge cheat on Christmas but waistline was down to a new low (at 203) by the next weekend. We do a big family thing every year so both 12/30 and 12/31 I had huge feasts, upwards of 7000 calories per day. No alcohol.

Weight shot up to 210 and is still 205-206?? I have NEVER held weight like this before and I'm wondering if it could mean some sort of health issue holding onto water like this. I have averaged 1700 calories from the day after Christmas until the family weekend (4 days) and again averaged 1700 for the 6 days after the family weekend. Even if those cheats put on a full 2lb of fat on me these subsequent 10 low calorie days should easily have me back to 200-201lb. I'm starving every day and my arms are as small as they got to when I was 201. When I wake up and see my stomach in the morning it looks very soft as if I just had a huge cheat day just yesterday.

I don't compete super soon but I do have a vacation in a few months. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what the hell is going on.

I am only on TRT and arimidex which have been constant for a long time

Any thoughts? I am almost considering having a moderate refeed tonight to see if that shakes off the weight, or taking some dandelion extract. Like I said I've never seen this before and my midsection just looks like mush. My waistline is STILL up over half an inch despite the minimal food and my abdominal skinfold is up 3mm while everything else is more or less the same.
any ankle swelling?

It makes more sense that you are holding water due to the diet issue rather than a health issue. I would still give it time.

any ankle swelling?

If I have long socks on and pull them down there is somewhat of a line there, but that's been the case for as long as I can remember and hasn't changed noticeably with this new 5-6lb of water weight

Last edited:
It makes more sense that you are holding water due to the diet issue rather than a health issue. I would still give it time.

Thanks, hopefully that's true. It's a little disconcerting to see it to this degree as I've never seen it in 15 years of bulking and cutting cycles...not to this degree for so long at least. Hopefully it passes soon as it doesn't seem like anyone has any clear answers for it.

Are you sure it's water

Measure your intake and measure you output

Easy nuff to find out

You are only guessing that it is water

If you are retainig water there are a hand full of reason some can be serious and worth getting checked out

You might have screwed up your microbiome with the feasting. Might want to try some kimchi and/or kefir and stay away from fermenting fruits and vegetables.

Are you sure it's water

Measure your intake and measure you output

Easy nuff to find out

You are only guessing that it is water

If you are retainig water there are a hand full of reason some can be serious and worth getting checked out

Water as opposed to what....fat? I measure my caloric intake every day and mentioned what it is above

I am going to get blood work done tomorrow to see if something is off, though that probably won't come back for 1-2 weeks.

You might have screwed up your microbiome with the feasting. Might want to try some kimchi and/or kefir and stay away from fermenting fruits and vegetables.

Cheats are pretty typical for me as a refeed, but you never know. What do you see the kimchi/kefir doing for me? I've never tried either.

Not sure specifically what you mean by fermenting fruits....I eat loads of regular fruits and vegetables every day.

Water as opposed to what....fat? I measure my caloric intake every day and mentioned what it is above

I am going to get blood work done tomorrow to see if something is off, though that probably won't come back for 1-2 weeks.

The point is you don't know where the extra weight is coming from and your making a guess...

You said it's water but that's an assumption

I'm not questioning your diet or any other part of what you said just giving you an easy way to narrow down and identify if the issue actually is water

You got 2 weeks before you labs come back so you have time might as well be sure your barking up the right tree

It is standard procedure to measure I/O in any hospital when water retention is suspected

Just giving you another option that might help

The point is you don't know where the extra weight is coming from and your making a guess...

You said it's water but that's an assumption

I'm not questioning your diet or any other part of what you said just giving you an easy way to narrow down and identify if the issue actually is water

You got 2 weeks before you labs come back so you have time might as well be sure your barking up the right tree

It is standard procedure to measure I/O in any hospital when water retention is suspected

Just giving you another option that might help

Oh I wasn't aware you meant measure my intake and output of water, I thought you meant calories

How would one do that outside of a hospital setting? You lose water weight from breath, sweat, urine, etc

Oh I wasn't aware you meant measure my intake and output of water, I thought you meant calories

How would one do that outside of a hospital setting? You lose water weight from breath, sweat, urine, etc

Ah no worries

Every pound of body weight that you lose during training is equivalent to 16 ounces of sweat loss. Another easy conversion is one kilogram weight lost is equal to 1000 ml of sweat. -credit to iron man Web page

Make sure you add back in the water consumed during exercise

Other forms of water loss are negligible

Track it for a few day's get a trend and you will know right away

It's also a great way to track your hydration during contest prep

Update: Still 206lb this morning (+5.8lb from my low) after another 1700 calorie day yesterday. That's now 11 days at ~1700-1800 to off set 3 spread out cheat days and still being up 6lb.

I went to go get blood work done this morning and the lab is STILL closed :banghead: due to the snow

Thinking I may still want to go ahead with my normal once per week refeed today as it's been 7-8 days since my last one and I'm not sure I should allow this bloat to prevent me from my normal dieting strategy

Any thoughts?

Haven't read most of the posts here; but after my last 4 month diet (severe caloric restriction and lots of cardio, 0 cheat days or refeeds) I went on a massive binge that lasted a bit. After 2-3 days of binging I was holding OVER 12lbs of water. My hands, legs, and ANKLES were ALL swollen.

I went to the hospital to get checked out because I was thinking it's probably kidney issues (was running dnp at 250/day) or heart failure. Got all checked, and all looked perfect.

They cleared me out with no explanation other than your body's just in shock. I dropped the GH and went low carb for 1 week. Dropped all the water.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131