over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Raw Egg White Protein Bioavailability/absorption

I'd be surprised if the heating is done in a flash. Based on different lab experiments I did in college, heating must be sustained for a specific period of time to kill bacteria. Egg Whites become solid at 141 degrees. I would imagine they would heat it as close to that as possible for however long it is recommended to kill any harmful bacteria.

Avidin binds at 134 degrees. Hopefully they are pasteurized at 134 degrees or higher for an extended period of time
Well, after thinking about it so much advin is denatured at 137°f for 3 minets, fo show. Pasturization does not hook ur eggs up that is why company's sell denatured egg whites. Go 2 one of there sights and they will clearly state that. And it's pretty wierd u went to collage know the precise temp 4 egg whites to turn solid but r unfamiliar with pasturization methods. I was off by a degree and the way I figured out the temp eggs became solid was standing over my stove denaturing my eggs with a digital thermometer so I suppose that makes me pretty wierd 2. Just eat it or drink! Lmafo!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I'd be surprised if the heating is done in a flash. Based on different lab experiments I did in college, heating must be sustained for a specific period of time to kill bacteria. Egg Whites become solid at 141 degrees. I would imagine they would heat it as close to that as possible for however long it is recommended to kill any harmful bacteria.

Avidin binds at 134 degrees. Hopefully they are pasteurized at 134 degrees or higher for an extended period of time
Not trying to tick u off n3 I just found all this hilarious![emoji12]

Well, after thinking about it so much advin is denatured at 137°f for 3 minets, fo show. Pasturization does not hook ur eggs up that is why company's sell denatured egg whites. Go 2 one of there sights and they will clearly state that. And it's pretty wierd u went to collage know the precise temp 4 egg whites to turn solid but r unfamiliar with pasturization methods. I was off by a degree and the way I figured out the temp eggs became solid was standing over my stove denaturing my eggs with a digital thermometer so I suppose that makes me pretty wierd 2. Just eat it or drink! Lmafo!

Sorry I don't know the exact pastuerization process for egg whites, but I've read studies years ago clearly stating the avidin in pastuerized egg whites is substantially neutralized.

As to pasteurization process, I was saying in general to sterilize things for bacteria they have to be at a sustained temperature for a sustained period of time.

If I recall correctly, protein digestion inhibitors are DESTROYED between 126-140 degrees.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, the avidin is not 100% neturalized, but it seems like its enough to not really matter anymore.

Last edited:
I do this with chicken when I dont have an appetite. Do you think a nutribullet would make it liquid? I bet some hot sauce would make it even better.

Idk, tuna has very strong taste so water and no spices is enough for me. I dont enjoy such shakes , but you get used to them and at this point it s not enjoy it but just taking what i need to grow...

Why the hell are you guys Drinking eggwhites only?

Drink Raw Whole Omega 3 Eggs.

You need the DHA-EPA in the Eggs. Its ESSENTIAL Fatty acids. You must get them tru your diet,otherwise you will face health problems.

Im not even talking about the Vitamin D and Vitamin A in the yolk!

Perfect food

Raw whole eggs are Pure Steroid, They increase Hormones like no other.

Stop thinking about only Protein Content, And Start thinking about Food Content, The highest Quality food your diet will be the better you will look and Feel.

You need the DHA-EPA in the Eggs. Its ESSENTIAL Fatty acids. You must get them tru your diet,otherwise you will face health problems.

Perfect food

Stop thinking about only Protein Content, And Start thinking about Food Content, The highest Quality food your diet will be the better you will look and Feel.

Will throw in a couple whole eggs ...thanks for the advice.

Perfect food

I prefer taking EFA, makes sure I get all my essential fatty acids
omega 3 is great, eggs have some, have to eat quite a bit and get a lot of saturated fats which not everyone wants in their diet

egg whites are amazing, if you like to eat 20 eggs instead of egg whites and some EFA's then do it lol I'll stick to egg whites and my EFA's

I prefer taking EFA, makes sure I get all my essential fatty acids
omega 3 is great, eggs have some, have to eat quite a bit and get a lot of saturated fats which not everyone wants in their diet

egg whites are amazing, if you like to eat 20 eggs instead of egg whites and some EFA's then do it lol I'll stick to egg whites and my EFA's

You know a Saturated fat less Diet = Deffiency in Testosterone right?

Unless your shooting your ass with Oil, which is different.

Lol at you for thinking gobbing pills of omega 3 is the same as eating natural food high in omega 3.

anyone know if you can nuke egg whites in a bowl in the microwave?

how long, if you need a steam lid, etc.

I have a ghetto ass stove that broke so I've been eating canned tuna and protein powder. I used to eat egg whites a lot when the stove worked,

You can grab a single burner that plugs in at walmart for under 20 bucks last time I checked. I used to take it to work and also used at home when our stove went down.

well then, this thread is useless to me now!
gonna try it with a glass bowl, I think that will cook it faster, will reply tonight with how long it takes

my microwave is like 1300W though so the power is quite high
I usually cook 2 cups a meal, hopefully it doesn't just splatter everywhere

I always use glass and a lid. I also break up the cooking to stir about 1/2 of the way so they cook more evenly. This works really well when cooking the eggs in oats. I sort of use the whites in place of water, add cinnamon and it is really good with your sweetener of choice.

You can grab a single burner that plugs in at walmart for under 20 bucks last time I checked. I used to take it to work and also used at home when our stove went down.

I always use glass and a lid. I also break up the cooking to stir about 1/2 of the way so they cook more evenly. This works really well when cooking the eggs in oats. I sort of use the whites in place of water, add cinnamon and it is really good with your sweetener of choice.

I actually was thinking of replacing the water to make oatmeal with egg white but the volume wouldn't match up, when I use too much water the oatmeal overflows

right now for 120g of oatmeal I use 350ml of water and it cooks perfectly every time
do the egg whites solidify in the oatmeal or just liquify into the oatmeal? (when it's done cooking)

I just emailed Costco Customer service this morning so that they can tell me the exact pastuerization process they use for their Kirkland Liquid Egg Whites. They're cheap and the ones I've been using lately. Will share when I get it. IF I can find someone competent enough to give me an answer

Sorry I don't know the exact pastuerization process for egg whites, but I've read studies years ago clearly stating the avidin in pastuerized egg whites is substantially neutralized.

As to pasteurization process, I was saying in general to sterilize things for bacteria they have to be at a sustained temperature for a sustained period of time.

If I recall correctly, protein digestion inhibitors are DESTROYED between 126-140 degrees.
Avidine is denatured at 85°c or 185°c. The pasturization process for eggs does nothing to denature avidine. Agan that is why there r company's that exist that sell avidine denatured egg whites. Or if one heats the egg white to 137 for 3 minets that will do the same thing as 185°f.

Avidine is denatured at 85°c or 185°c. The pasturization process for eggs does nothing to denature avidine. Agan that is why there r company's that exist that sell avidine denatured egg whites. Or if one heats the egg white to 137 for 3 minets that will do the same thing as 185°f.

yeah I was reading the same thing that pasteurization doesn't deactivate avidine
but to each their own

I am going to cook my egg whites until there's a study that shows pasteurization will make the protein more bio-available.

From Pub Med

Abstract
The effect of a low-temperature, extended-time, in-shell pasteurization process on the protein quality of egg albumen was evaluated. Ten dozen fresh chicken eggs were pasteurized in a hot-air oven at 55 C for 180 min. The eggs were refrigerated and broken out for analysis on Days 0, 7, 14, 28, 42, and 56 following pasteurization. There were no significant differences in total or soluble protein over the experimental period for the pasteurized or unpasteurized albumen. Mean protein content was 80.6 +/- 0.5% for the pasteurized albumen and 80.9 +/- 0.5% for the unpasteurized albumen. In vitro digestibility, as measured by the AOAC method, was 82.4 +/- 0.7% for the pasteurized albumen and 81.7 +/- 0.6% for the unpasteurized albumen. There were no significant differences over the experimental period in the digestibility of the samples. Free amino acids and discriminant-computed protein efficiency ratio (DC-PER) also did not differ between the pasteurized and unpasteurized albumens or over the experimental period. The in-shell pasteurization process used had no effect on the protein quality of albumen.

Another study, which I can't post because it was discussed in a video, says that trypsin, which is the protein that inhibits protein digestion in eggs, denatures at 50 degrees C.

Based on that information, I believe that the bio-availability would be the same since the trypsin is denatured. Unless there is another enzyme that has the same inhibiting effect as trypsin that denatures at higher temps.

From Pub Med

Abstract
The effect of a low-temperature, extended-time, in-shell pasteurization process on the protein quality of egg albumen was evaluated. Ten dozen fresh chicken eggs were pasteurized in a hot-air oven at 55 C for 180 min. The eggs were refrigerated and broken out for analysis on Days 0, 7, 14, 28, 42, and 56 following pasteurization. There were no significant differences in total or soluble protein over the experimental period for the pasteurized or unpasteurized albumen. Mean protein content was 80.6 +/- 0.5% for the pasteurized albumen and 80.9 +/- 0.5% for the unpasteurized albumen. In vitro digestibility, as measured by the AOAC method, was 82.4 +/- 0.7% for the pasteurized albumen and 81.7 +/- 0.6% for the unpasteurized albumen. There were no significant differences over the experimental period in the digestibility of the samples. Free amino acids and discriminant-computed protein efficiency ratio (DC-PER) also did not differ between the pasteurized and unpasteurized albumens or over the experimental period. The in-shell pasteurization process used had no effect on the protein quality of albumen.

I am a bit confused, maybe someone can clear it up.
Doesn't that say that un-pasturized and pasteurized are the same? I thought un-pasturized eggs have less bio-avaialiblity?

and was the egg eaten raw or cooked?

I am a bit confused, maybe someone can clear it up.
Doesn't that say that un-pasturized and pasteurized are the same? I thought un-pasturized eggs have less bio-avaialiblity?

and was the egg eaten raw or cooked?

It says that it was the same for both the raw and the pasteurized. In vitro digestion is digestion done in a closed, contained system that simulates a digestive system.

That, combined with trypsin (which inhibits proteins from being digested in eggs) being denatured at 50 degrees C, leads me to believe that raw pasteurized egg whites are very close to cooked egg whites in term of bioavailability. And apparently raw albumen as well. The only thing here is that avidin may still be present, but if you eat a couple egg yolks with it, the avidin will bind to the biotin in the yolks and you won't have to worry about the effects of the avidin on your on biotin levels.

That was this study though. There's another study on there saying that bioavilability of RAW whites is only like 50%. But that is with trypsin still active, which is why the value is so low.

Last edited:
It says that it was the same for both the raw and the pasteurized. In vitro digestion is digestion done in a closed, contained system that simulates a digestive system.

That, combined with trypsin (which inhibits proteins from being digested in eggs) being denatured at 50 degrees C, leads me to believe that raw pasteurized egg whites are very close to cooked egg whites in term of bioavailability. And apparently raw albumen as well. The only thing here is that avidin may still be present, but if you eat a couple egg yolks with it, the avidin will bind to the biotin in the yolks and you won't have to worry about the effects of the avidin on your on biotin levels.

That was this study though. There's another study on there saying that bioavilability of RAW whites is only like 50%. But that is with trypsin still active, which is why the value is so low.

That doesn't make sense though, why would one study have raw egg whites with the same bio availability as pasteurized? The raw eggs were un-heated so trypsin must have still been active ?

and one says raw eggs have 50% bio-availability ?

I think the vivo digestion model is flawed, the other study used real humans

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner