over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Raw Egg White Protein Bioavailability/absorption

OTL my spartan warrior elite [emoji1]

adding DC to the mix for validation purposes still wouldn't change a thing for some people. they still going to sit and count their proteins from bagels , rice, oats.

oh look what i just found out my rice has 7.9 gm of protein per 100 gms. i eat 200 plus on a good day that's like 16 gms of protein i never take into account! fuck me pal.
4e46baac82d2ab4958012f03e99150c1.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

So you would not count protein from a rice/pea protein powder?

So you would not count protein from a rice/pea protein powder?

I believe that's essentially the thought process here. It makes no sense to me...as I've used pea protein isolate in the past when my money was even lower than it is now (tasted weird, nasty farts...results were fine).

There's a million ways to do things...I'm a big fan of experimenting and seeing what works for me. That's what has eventually led to me doing this lower protein (300g was my cutting total coming down from 247) / protein from all sources / non-traditional as hell diet stuff. But I wasn't doing a show so I had wiggle room to findout.

Last edited:
I believe that's essentially the thought process here. It makes no sense to me...as I've used pea protein isolate in the past when my money was even lower than it is now (tasted weird, nasty farts...results were fine).

There's a million ways to do things...I'm a big fan of experimenting and seeing what works for me. That's what has eventually led to me doing this lower protein (300g was my cutting total coming down from 247) / protein from all sources / non-traditional as hell diet stuff. But I wasn't doing a show so I had wiggle room to findout.

Say you eat whey and oats. Your body is not going to be all, "Whoa, amino acids from oats, can't use those, throw them away." The protein all gets digested, enters the amino acid pool and either gets used or not. Count them or not, does not matter, the aminos are going to be used by the body. It is like the glycemic index, add anything to that food and the GI changes. Incomplete proteins are only an issue in the absence of complete proteins. This is simply a fact of nutritional science. I agree with you.

I actually add up my protein from all sources and consume 50g per meal so at most it's 35g from egg whites in one go. I.e. if I eat oats, the 5g per serving from that goes into the total of 50g. Cheese etc. If intake of these other protein sources goes up, the egg whites (or whey isolate) goes down.

I'm not worried about it.

don't they come in 250ml, 500ml, 1L, do you measure them out in a measuring cup or scale?

Last edited:
don't they come in 250ml, 500ml, 1L, do you measure them out in a measuring cup or scale?

Here stateside they typically come in 16oz and 32oz (close, but not quite 500 / 1000 :( )

The measurement is 3tbsp to one egg white, so I use a volumetric measuring cup.

Trypsin is present in raw egg whites an inhibits protein digestion, it can be found in many studies, just do the research.

I'm just going to stop posting, because I find studies from nationally accredited institutions and people still insist on talking shit.

Avidin is definitely present in pasteurized egg whites from what I've now gathered but if you have a yolk or two in addition, it won't matter because the avidin will bind to the biotin in the yolks. And there are plenty of additional nutritional benefits in yolks aside from biotin.

Honestly, idgaf if someone eats their eggs, drinks them, injects them, bathes in them, whatever. If you don't think they absorb well from drinking them, then I have a GENIUS solution - DONT DRINK THEM!!! Wow that was a hard conclusion to draw.

I guess everyone has their own opinion, I am completely fine with that

If I had to give up 10% of muscle gain drinking egg whites vs cooking, that would suck. Being on a strict diet, sticking needles in my ass, spending countless hours training, reading, and although highly debated risking my health. To lose 10% because I didn't cook egg whites would be a big deal.

It doesn't cost much to cook egg whites, although time is a factor, it takes about 6 minutes. So when you train, eat, read, sleep, I can't see how it's a convience unless you're in a situation where you don't have access to a stove. Or microwave, which I just found out works. Wish I knew earlier , I wouldn't have even made the thread because the microwave is just one button. I had an issue with my stove so I was looking to see if I could just drink them.

I can respect someone offering their experience but science has a right and a wrong answer, much like if Ronnie Coleman said he did x amount of gear, ate x amount of food and train a certain way. Sure it might have worked for him and he won 8 Olympia's but it doesn't mean it was the right way and if replicated the same result will happen.

If you're consuming 50-60g of protein from egg whites per meal even if only 50% was absorbed I do believe you would get enough to activate protein synthesis but if someone was eating 35g of protein from egg whites thinking they would get 35g and only got 50% of that, 17g of protein is very minimal in a meal.
I assume you're consuming 50-60g of protein from egg whites in the meal?

Where do you get your egg whites from that its coming out to .61 cents per serving?

Where do you get your egg whites from that its coming out to .61 cents per serving?

I think you quoted the wrong person

in Canada its $5 for 1L from Walmart, and if boughten from a wholesaler (sells to restaurants) its about $3 for 1L

Last edited:
I think you quoted the wrong person

in Canada its $5 for 1L from Walmart, and if boughten from a wholesaler (sells to restaurants) its about $3 for 1L

Ah ya I did. Meant to quote bieberhole

Trypsin is present in raw egg whites an inhibits protein digestion, it can be found in many studies, just do the research.

I'm just going to stop posting, because I find studies from nationally accredited institutions and people still insist on talking shit.

Avidin is definitely present in pasteurized egg whites from what I've now gathered but if you have a yolk or two in addition, it won't matter because the avidin will bind to the biotin in the yolks. And there are plenty of additional nutritional benefits in yolks aside from biotin.

Honestly, idgaf if someone eats their eggs, drinks them, injects them, bathes in them, whatever. If you don't think they absorb well from drinking them, then I have a GENIUS solution - DONT DRINK THEM!!! Wow that was a hard conclusion to draw.

Dont get discouraged. So if I ad2 whole eggs it will be utilized more?

Cosco has a great price. 6 individual cartons each with 50 grams of protein for 8 or 9 dollars. If your low on money that is a big bang for your buck. I sip on one carton a day with 25 grams of beef protein from True Nutrition. I get there chocolate and it tastes amazing. I even add a scoop of green vibrance and cant taste it. For me my stomach handles it better when I just sip on it all day. And my ass. those egg whites can be a bitch.

Sam's (we don't have costco here) is ~$7.50 for 6 16oz containers. 1/2 container is 25g (what I'm quoting as a serving). So my mistake...63 cents a serving. It's so stupid cheap compared to anywhere else. Most other places around here are $5 for 1 32oz.

Last edited:
I've been reading about this lately and it seems to give 2 different answers anywhere I go.
Does anyone have any studies/scientific information on this?

The protein from egg whites when eaten raw only seems to be around 50% bioavailable. So if you ate 60g protein from egg whites raw your body only would get 30g. Cooking it makes the protein more bioavailable.

But is this the same if you eat raw pasteurized egg whites?

Just eat the yolk raw,
Jianping Wu, Andreas Schieber and graduate students Chamila Nimalaratne and Daise Lopes-Lutz of the U of A Department of Agricultural Food and Nutritional Science examined egg yolks produced by hens. They found the yolks have high antioxidant properties.

After analyzing the properties, the researchers determined that two egg yolks in their raw state have almost twice as many antioxidant properties as an apple and about the same as half a serving (25 grams) of cranberries.

Just eat the yolk raw,
Jianping Wu, Andreas Schieber and graduate students Chamila Nimalaratne and Daise Lopes-Lutz of the U of A Department of Agricultural Food and Nutritional Science examined egg yolks produced by hens. They found the yolks have high antioxidant properties.

After analyzing the properties, the researchers determined that two egg yolks in their raw state have almost twice as many antioxidant properties as an apple and about the same as half a serving (25 grams) of cranberries.

I'm assuming the raw yolk would need to be organic? Do you blend them in shakes or how do you eat your raw yolks?

when i first started lifting i always used protein shakes. i hate them though. i switched to egg whites. noticed stomach bloat alot more. i noticed my body changed i thought it was me getting older. i recently went back to shakes and i grew, visually grew. i stick to shakes now and less stomach bloat.

BTW protein from whole grain\wheat carbs are the next best protein source after dairy and meats. Protein from Lowe's n legginess being the worst. Meaning less bioavailability.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear