over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Raw eggs/whites?

GoneForever

Banned
So, I know this has been skeptical but is there any proof that its ok to drink eggs raw? I heard you dont absorb any of the protien? What about drinking egg whites raw?

Bump. I was wondering the same thing. Even with pasturized liquid whites, is the bioavailability the same raw?

I have read that the chances of you getting salmonella from raw eggs is 1 in 10,000. I drink raw eggs all the time for convenience, but the problem with cooking your eggs is the fact that the proteins denature.

It is your decision, I know weightlifters who drink eggs for years and never had any problems, but than again its up to you. I believe you get more nutrients from raw eggs. But you have to be willing to accept any consequences from drinking tham

Bump. I was wondering the same thing. Even with pasturized liquid whites, is the bioavailability the same raw?

About the pasteurized deal, I believe pasteurization denatures the protein to an extent, due to the heating than rapid cooling of the egg. I dont think it would effect the bioavailability since it is still a protein, but since it has lost its secondary and tertiary bonds, it has lost its original purpose, which is to help the growth of the chick. Which is why Gironda advised raw fertile eggs. These eggs still have all the growth nutrients, and the bonds of the protein would not be destroyed.

im not a morning person so i drink a shake in the morning and i put 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites with two scoop of protien which is easier for me to get the 6 meals a day in . and i have not been sick from it . when i cook 6 eggs i could never eat them because they get bigger. but like others said its up to the person. thats the way i do it.

I find raw eggs at my age ( I'll be 44 in Dec ) are hard on my stomach, they can upset it quickly.

I recall reading that you should place them in boiling water for 30 to 45 seconds, this will kill the bacteria on the shell which is transfered to the egg as it comes out of the shell. It is this bacteria which is ( as I read ) in large part responsible for salmonella issues.

Boo.

Last edited:
So cooking the egg kills the protien. I thought humans cant digest egg protien unless the egg is cooked?

also, maybe orgaic eggs will cutt down on the chance of salmonella.

i feeling of eating a raw egg makes me want to puke. i prefer to just boil it. sometimes it takes to much time but i do it for the love of the game

So cooking the egg kills the protien. I thought humans cant digest egg protien unless the egg is cooked?

also, maybe orgaic eggs will cutt down on the chance of salmonella.

Im not saying it kills the egg... You still get the protein but not all the growth properties it had before, never the less it is still one of the highest bio available proteins out there, and yes humans can digest this protein in the raw state.

The main problem with raw egg whites is Avidin. This blocks the uptake of vitamin B6 and you'll need to cook the eggs some to neutralize the Avidin.

The best route is to buy a couple gallons of pasteurized liquid egg whites. I paid $68 w/ shipping for 2 gallons.

The pasteurization process simply consists of cooking the egg whites at 134F for about 3 minutes. Enough to neutralize the Avidin, but not overcooking and denaturing the protein like when you make scrambled eggs.

Last edited:
so your body can digest uncooked pasteurized egg whites just fine ? everyone seems so split on the answer

massive g , dont you drink your pasteurized eggwhites... could you shed some light on the subject:)

raw eggs for 5 years now

i find it hard to eat cooked eggs cuz they do get much larger so i began drinking them 5 years ago and have yet to get sick.

i drink 5 whole eggs everyday. to make it easy and painless i use an 8 oz cup and crack 1 whole egg and dump it in the cup then add a shot of non fat milk and shoot it. the milk seems to hide the taste of the raw egg very well, plus adds another 8-10 grams of protein by the fifth egg. STEELE

I just got my order of egg whites from eggwhiteinternational. THis stuff is awesome. 1cup of egg whites with a scoop of whey, tastes the same as if I used water. Too bad its so damn expensive. Around $2.20 for one 8oz serving which yelids 26g protien. If this stuff were cheaper it would make up about 50% of my protien intake.

I just got my order of egg whites from eggwhiteinternational. THis stuff is awesome. 1cup of egg whites with a scoop of whey, tastes the same as if I used water. Too bad its so damn expensive. Around $2.20 for one 8oz serving which yelids 26g protien. If this stuff were cheaper it would make up about 50% of my protien intake.

I tasted some of their stuff at the Shawn Ray show. It was actually pretty good.

Causes of biotin deficiency include the following:

Eating raw egg whites: Some mistakenly believe that raw egg-white consumption is the only cause of biotin deficiency. Nonetheless, a diet that contains raw egg whites quickly and almost invariably leads to biotin deficiency.

i drink egg whites every morning, its not expensive, and its tasteless and actually refreshing straight out the fridge........

(myprotein.co.uk)

I'm definatley going to try the raw eggs in the protein shake thing. I've been eating 12 boiled eggs a day, six in the morning and six at night and I've gotten to the point where they make me feel almost sick. I loved them at first but they got old quick. Lately I've been scrambling them and throwing in some salsa to spice it up a little but that too is getting repetative. There was a lot of debate from different people on the protein availablility when cooked and when raw. Can anyone give me a definate answer to which is a better way to eat an egg. Cooked? or Raw? Thanks.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear