over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

REAL ESTATE

BULK_CITY

Registered
Hey gang,

Kinda new here but not new to bodybuilding (about 5 years expereinced). I stumbled upon this site a few weeks ago and just found this section of it. I read a bunch of posts and was rejuvinated. I used to be really motivated to take on my future and plan for it so I could be a great success but school kinda took the wind outta my sails. I'm a senior now at UT and 21 years old and this section has single handedly motivated me to get off my ass and learn some valuable stuff.

I am very interested in learning Real Estate/investing (stocks etc). The stocks I will leave to a finacial investor (when i have enough money to make it worthwhile), however the real estate, I want to do on my own (I will most likely get a partner in the future). I am a Eco major with a minor in business and am learning very little about the real estate industry (I only take basic business classes, which will give me a good foundation).

After reading some posts I went out and bought:
Rich Dad Poor Dad
Buy low, rent smart, sell high
and The millionaire real estate investor
and I will read "the science of getting rich

I have already read 40 pages in the buy low, rent smart book and read the paper/searched internet a little.

If you are in real estate could you please list where youre at? your background, how you got started, what youre currently doing, etc

and if you have any advice/guidence to offer please do

I plan on getting my degree and getting a good job then going to grad school at night and when i have a lot saved up I will go into real estate

I will also make my first million inside of 14 years.

Currently I am going to summer school (2 classes) and looking for a good part time job for summer/fall!!

THANK YOU!

BULK_CITY said:
The stocks I will leave to a finacial investor (when i have enough money to make it worthwhile),

Why do that but learn all you can about real estate? I have always been a firm believer that if brokers really knew what they were talking about, they wouldn't be working for others, they would just be enjoying the money that their financial ability/skill would have gotten them.

Learn the stocks as well and manage them yourself. Especially in todays' age when you can access any stock exchange in the world live on your computer and trade stocks yourself instantly.

valid point

I think its just personal preferance... I am really taken by real estate and would rather put my money into that. Also, my father and my friend's father know A LOT about the stock market and investing... they use financial investors (friend has 2 of them) b/c they don't always have the required time to make sure the investments are doing the best they could. They have found 2 really good financial investors (they pull in a lot of money for my friend and my father every month) so while I will be letting those finaical investors take care of my money, i will also watch/learn it, but not as closely as I will real estate. Kind of hard to explain but you get the jist of it?

been in real estate 4 years now and in just about 2 more years I am going to retire at 32. My advice would be when you start dont worry about making money and selling right of the bat. Most realtors dont even get payed there first year so I would just make as many contacts as you can think of a pipe you want to try and fill it to the rim with names and contact info that way by the time you reach the top those contact will be ready to start spendiing and they will all have your info.

I am just about out of general real estate, taking listingsect, I saved and started buying land and worked a deal with a few builders to build for me and hold the dead of the land to the house if finnished that way I can sell the house myself and only cost out of pocket is the land ($50-80k) but each home will double that so were else can you get a 100% return in less that 6 months? BUT! market changes and your stuck with a few diffrent house payments because where there done they want there money.

But damn just takes forever to get payed!

Hey BULK - thought you might like to hear this...

I was talking to my ex-girlfriend today. She is sweet as hell, but not too bright. She's had about 20 jobs in the past year, and she needs daddy to bail her out on a regular basis. Well anyhow - she managed to get her real estate license last month and her first month right off the bat she's already grossed about $600,000 in sales. Broker gets 2% and she gets 2% but still a very nice payday for a semi-literate girl in Tampa, FL!

Granted, she's in a "hot" area in terms of real estate sales, but looks to me like there's potential there for just about anyone!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws