over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rear delts are more important than lats for non-competitors

Biggerp73

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
This is my latest idea, tell me what you think

Rear delts contribute more to "t shirt" muscles, the X frame, shoulder width from the rear, true bodybuilder 3-d look from the side, etc, than lats

This is my latest idea, tell me what you think

Rear delts contribute more to "t shirt" muscles, the X frame, shoulder width from the rear, true bodybuilder 3-d look from the side, etc, than lats
I think in general that rear delts are kind of ignored by many average gym bros, i see many guys where it almost looks like their arms are hung in a forward position because they have fairly well developed anterior delts and nil posterior delts. You cant get the capped look without them either. With that said, it's tough to argue against the importance of lats for the V-taper and how that contributes to the x frame. Well developed lats look dope under a t-shirt, but because of that wonky looking forward shoulder i described above though i guess if i had to pick one it would be rear delts... but thankfully we don't have to and can train both
I read somewhere that delts are like the "abs of winter" and i can see the reasoning there since we're generally wearing layes in the winter but well developed delts still can stand out

I think in general that rear delts are kind of ignored by many average gym bros, i see many guys where it almost looks like their arms are hung in a forward position because they have fairly well developed anterior delts and nil posterior delts. You cant get the capped look without them either. With that said, it's tough to argue against the importance of lats for the V-taper and how that contributes to the x frame. Well developed lats look dope under a t-shirt, but because of that wonky looking forward shoulder i described above though i guess if i had to pick one it would be rear delts... but thankfully we don't have to and can train both
I read somewhere that delts are like the "abs of winter" and i can see the reasoning there since we're generally wearing layes in the winter but well developed delts still can stand out
I kind of disagree. I don’t think people neglect attempting to train rear delts. I see people do them a lot. However, I say attempt because most the time their execution is so terrible that their achieving likely 0 rear delt activation and as a result never actually develop any rear delts lol. Many times I’ll hop onto the reverse fly machine after someone who weight 150lbs soaking wet and they’ll have the weight set to 3/4th the stack and I know damn well they aren’t moving that weight with their rear delts 😂

I kind of think one doesn't even need to train rear delts if doing plenty of back work. You don't even need to feel it to work it, so to speak. If the muscle is loaded increasingly it will grow regardless if you "concentrate" on "back" only. How common is it to have great lats but no rear delts? If someone is like this adding specific rear delt movements will most likely not do much. Now I've done shitload of rear delts anyway...

Now I saw some discussion on IG, which I can't ffind now, where some expert claimed rear delts can be seen from the front in good bodybuilders. I didn't quite get it..

Then there was a kind of a sematic quibble. Guy said rear delts are the real medial delts. "Medial to the body." Lol.

I've said it before, the most important thing for rear delts or the whole delts is androgens, not training. Same as with traps, these are simply not seen much in naturals. You can especially see the androgenic rear delts in otherwise small fitness girls, there is this "unnatural" lump or knot there Lol. This is a pretty good "natural or not" sign. It's interesting how androgens cause this, what looks like, clavicle widening. It's not but it's another reliable androgen use sign, if someones "shoulders" suddenly widen.

I kind of disagree. I don’t think people neglect attempting to train rear delts. I see people do them a lot. However, I say attempt because most the time their execution is so terrible that their achieving likely 0 rear delt activation and as a result never actually develop any rear delts lol. Many times I’ll hop onto the reverse fly machine after someone who weight 150lbs soaking wet and they’ll have the weight set to 3/4th the stack and I know damn well they aren’t moving that weight with their rear delts 😂

Sure, one might use secondary muscles to move a weight but how do you remove rear delt activation altogether from a rear delt machine? I don't think you can. How do you use a machine and remove the prime muscle it's supposed to train? Some people argue similar with even leg extensions, but how do you remove the quads from activating on a leg extension? Lol.

I start every workout with rear delts. If you want delts to pop in quarter turns and to have a complete look on your back shots you will prioritize rear delts.

Meadows used to talk a lot about this and believe he was spot on.

I didn't agree with alot of your takes like the strongest man in the city thread but this is spot on imo. If you don't care about "bodybuilding" per set and just want to look good to the general population, be lean, have a set of arms and delts. I think if you have arms and delts it's kind of hard to not look good. My .02 as a 140lb twink who overcomplicates everything 😉

I start every workout with rear delts. If you want delts to pop in quarter turns and to have a complete look on your back shots you will prioritize rear delts.

Meadows used to talk a lot about this and believe he was spot on.
What do you usually do for them? I'm guessing 3-4 straight sets rev fly or rvpd then hit your normal workout? I've definitely improved my delts since I made them a priority.

What do you usually do for them? I'm guessing 3-4 straight sets rev fly or rvpd then hit your normal workout? I've definitely improved my delts since I made them a priority.
You nailed it. Go straight to the reverse pec dec on my shoulder and Tri’s day. Heavy weight and control the movement/contraction.

My second favorite if I want a deeper angle is reverse cable cross-overs with the pulleys up high. These will burn the hell out of your rear delts done right.

You nailed it. Go straight to the reverse pec dec on my shoulder and Tri’s day. Heavy weight and control the movement/contraction.

My second favorite if I want a deeper angle is reverse cable cross-overs with the pulleys up high. These will burn the hell out of your rear delts done right.

I do these single armed, with like the pin on 12.5lbs for about 3 sets of 25-30, with a good squeeze and my delta are smoked!!

I do these single armed, with like the pin on 12.5lbs for about 3 sets of 25-30, with a good squeeze and my delta are smoked!!
Single arm done right as you are saying allows for a much deeper stretch on the negative. Very effective- I would use at the end to “chase the pump” or at the start to pre-exhaust.

I haven't found anything that hits them quite like the reverse pec deck, flies, skiers, just don't do it for me. The bent over dumbbell face pull is actually pretty good though.

Man I was Training in Costa Rica and there was this group of guys that had injected vitamin oil in to their rear delts.and rear delts only. I chatted them up and asked how you guys all have crazy rear delts? They said they used vitamin oil from the veterinarian. I was like shit I am gonna have to try that, which of course was a lie because they looked so fucking rediculous I just didn't want to be rude. Anyway i think rear delts.would look better on a gym physique.

I kind of think one doesn't even need to train rear delts if doing plenty of back work. You don't even need to feel it to work it, so to speak. If the muscle is loaded increasingly it will grow regardless if you "concentrate" on "back" only. How common is it to have great lats but no rear delts? If someone is like this adding specific rear delt movements will most likely not do much. Now I've done shitload of rear delts anyway...

Now I saw some discussion on IG, which I can't ffind now, where some expert claimed rear delts can be seen from the front in good bodybuilders. I didn't quite get it..

Then there was a kind of a sematic quibble. Guy said rear delts are the real medial delts. "Medial to the body." Lol.

I've said it before, the most important thing for rear delts or the whole delts is androgens, not training. Same as with traps, these are simply not seen much in naturals. You can especially see the androgenic rear delts in otherwise small fitness girls, there is this "unnatural" lump or knot there Lol. This is a pretty good "natural or not" sign. It's interesting how androgens cause this, what looks like, clavicle widening. It's not but it's another reliable androgen use sign, if someones "shoulders" suddenly widen.

Was it Shelby Starnes showing his guys with well developed rear delts adding shoulder width to their most muscular?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131