over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

recent pics

big_byrd52

World Record Holder/Featured Member/KiloKlub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
ok ill to post these. they were taken last week. i am now 16 weeks out from first show. Im 22, 5'7 and 230 in these pics.

Pics dow below...... thanks dave

Last edited:
keep going

Last edited:
side chest

Last edited:
sorry, alittle further

Last edited:
last one.

Last edited:
i have really been trying to bring up my legs. they have come a long way since last year. any critique is welcome. i am guessing ill be on stage at 198-207. does that sound about right?

i would like to do collegiet nationals, but i dont want to waste my time either. do u think that is a reasonable goal for this year or should i wait? i know its hard to say now, but u have my basic shape, i will post every few weeks as i come down.

I would definitely hold off on collegiate nationals. You've got some muscle there, your waist appears to be very wide though, giving you a boxy look. Your quads could be bigger as well. I would say you would be a light heavy in a show, you don't seem to have the LBM for a heavy at show condition. I would focus the most on lats, quads and chest. If you get your lats wider and more sweep on your quads your waist won't look so boxy.

hey you look good man, have you dont any shows before?

I think if you bring your arms down a tad and try to flex those lats when you hit that front double bi it might help make your back look wider. i noticed your lats are good when you are just standing there so i know they are there, i think the pose just made them look smaller.

legs could use work, but hey they could always be worse. just do a local show see how everything goes, if you come in shape and win the show, then think about collegiates.

Good luck,

Todd

i have done 1 show, last summer, that i didnt do as well as i liked. i lost 29 lbs in the last 3 weeks, from 200 to 171! i was behind schedule and tried to make up lost time. the show pics are on here also if u search.

Jaw, i know i have a blocky waist, thats from my PL days. yes legs still need work, i know. i bumped up another thread to compare from last year. i know i need sweep, but they dont seem to do it, they are built like Gunters, not much sweep even though huge.( i know mine arnt, just saying)

i honestly think i will need to be on stage at 220 or so to offset my waist. i would like to have someone help me with my diet, but i cant afford skip or anybody being a college student. i can barely afford my food!

Two things stand out when I first look at you. Your arms and your calves. Your calves aren't huge but they have good roundness to them. Is there site enhancement in their or just genetics?

Anyway, continue on your quest with determination and just keep working. Its amazing the things that come out when you diet down. I think you'll look thick from the back. Just continue to work on your posing and focus on bringing up your upper chest and widening the lats. Stretch, stretch, stretch!

Good luck to you and keep us updated on your progress.

Last edited:
thanks mainevent. i have really been hitting my upper chest, i only do inclines now. do u have any suggestions for more lat width? i do alot of heavy rows, a recently started doing close grip pulldowns.

i have really blasted my calves the last year, they are 17 & 1/2 relaxed. there is no oil in there, they just sit high. they are bigger than the pics look though, next shots ill take a better pic of em.

Big Byrd

Hey bro. No secrets here, but those are my two main weaknesses on myself. I did notice for my last show, I dropped the weight on all back movements and just focused on the squeeze. Also straight arm pushdowns work well to bring out the serratus which helps from the front view.

Still working on the chest myself. The arms and shoulders LOVE to take over. DC's all out one set with that killer stretch has being giving my chest a soreness to it I haven't felt before.

Anyway, good luck. Like I said keep us informed.

i have always been a pretty big bencher, i hit 545 raw at 241 about 6 months ago. i noticed my upper chest was lagging so i dropped them. my new workout is kikin my arse.

3 sets incline barbell x 6-10 reps
3 sets db flat bench
*superset with db pullovers same weight till failure
3 sets on the pec dec w/ pinlies higher than nipples

the superset kills me! i used to think anything over 5 reps was cardio!:D

Sam, looking real good! You can see the definite improvements from last yr. Just don't overdiet. Check out what ALR says about calorie cycling. Good luck bro.

here I fixed them for ya bro..

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,451
Front double bicep

Attachments

• front bi.jpg
    front bi.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,993
relaxed

Attachments