over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

RIP Chode Logan

Oh man so sorry to hear but thank god you're alive. What kind of tests did they give you to determine the plaque buildup? It's ironic that's you're anemic as most bodybuilders worry about the opposite. How old are you?

Gave me the echo test and and ultrasound. Im 34. I have anemia from a long term gi bleed that has been unable to be located. My hemo is usually in the 6s.

Something to think about for you guys who use Var and other orals like candy (and trust me any length of Var use will put your HDL in the single digits)

Two clogged arteries at 28 years old

His HDL was 9

Bloodwork can be done post mortem or did he get bloodwork right before he passed away? Were any of the other values out of range?

Bloodwork can be done post mortem or did he get bloodwork right before he passed away? Were any of the other values out of range?

Longterm bloodwork before he passed away.....(I didnt ask about the second part because its kind of touchy right now....so i just asked what bloodwork was off and thats the answer I recieved)......Grandfather had massive heart attack at 60 but definitely not 28. I did ask if he used painkillers or nsaids because one thing that is a definite for heart problems is 'sauce' + painkillers or sauce + nsaids.....and nsaids were used

Longterm bloodwork before he passed away.....(I didnt ask about the second part because its kind of touchy right now....so i just asked what bloodwork was off and thats the answer I recieved)......Grandfather had massive heart attack at 60 but definitely not 28. I did ask if he used painkillers or nsaids because one thing that is a definite for heart problems is 'sauce' + painkillers or sauce + nsaids.....and nsaids were used

Long term NSAID use = bad news

I haven't seen this term before what is Nsaid?

Non steroidal anti inflammatory drug. Ibuprofen, naproxen sodium, aspirin. Basically most over the counter pain meds fall into the category of nsaid.

Non steroidal anti inflammatory drug. Ibuprofen, naproxen sodium, aspirin. Basically most over the counter pain meds fall into the category of nsaid.

Yea but aspirin isn't considered dangerous

Yea but aspirin isn't considered dangerous

Aspirin will tear up your stomach lining just as bad as ibuprofen or naproxen. If you take amounts larger than the 81mg low dose tabs, aspirin can lead to stomach ulcers. People used to think that enteric coated aspirin would save your stomach, but once that aspirin is circulating in your bloodstream it will still cause stomach problems....coated or not. If you watched Stan Efferding's latest video, aspirin is one of the things he warns against taking....along with ibuprofen and naproxen.

Aspirin will tear up your stomach lining just as bad as ibuprofen or naproxen. If you take amounts larger than the 81mg low dose tabs, aspirin can lead to stomach ulcers. People used to think that enteric coated aspirin would save your stomach, but once that aspirin is circulating in your bloodstream it will still cause stomach problems....coated or not. If you watched Stan Efferding's latest video, aspirin is one of the things he warns against taking....along with ibuprofen and naproxen.

I should have said I was referring to the 81mg baby aspirin that a lot of bodybuilders use but I'm glad you're warning people about the potential risk involved with normal/higher dose aspirin

Something to think about for you guys who use Var and other orals like candy (and trust me any length of Var use will put your HDL in the single digits)

Two clogged arteries at 28 years old

His HDL was 9

As much as I respect you, I have to disagree with you sir. I always get bloods done when I'm on orals (not only when cruising after blasts etc like you mentioned) and every time after running Var around 5 weeks before getting bloods done, my markers were in perfect range. The Var is mass specced and HPLC tested. Last time after running Var for about 5 out of 6 weeks I got bloods done, HDL was 50, LDL was around 118 or so and Triglycerides were also on the low end of the reference range. You can't generalise all this stuff. It's too person dependent. Not trying to defend Var or oral use in general (I only run Var the last 6 weeks pre contest, not a big fan of any other orals), but saying that any length of Var use will put your HDL in the single digits is not true and just scaremongering. Take proper precautions (as just about anybody should be doing as of now), do regular bloodwork and heart CT if possible (doing 1-2 a year, no signs of plaque build-up at all) and don't be stupid with your super supp use. Everything else (predispositions etc we might not know about) is not in our hands.‎

R.I.P. Taylor, you will be dearly missed my friend.‎

I agree with Stan. Even though many here take and recommend it, I almost always advise against the chronic use of aspirin...because even low doses can have serious negative effects on both the digestive and cardiovascular systems.

As much as I respect you, I have to disagree with you sir. I always get bloods done when I'm on orals (not only when cruising after blasts etc like you mentioned) and every time after running Var around 5 weeks before getting bloods done, my markers were in perfect range. The Var is mass specced and HPLC tested. Last time after running Var for about 5 out of 6 weeks I got bloods done, HDL was 50, LDL was around 118 or so and Triglycerides were also on the low end of the reference range. You can't generalise all this stuff. It's too person dependent. Not trying to defend Var or oral use in general (I only run Var the last 6 weeks pre contest, not a big fan of any other orals), but saying that any length of Var use will put your HDL in the single digits is not true and just scaremongering. Take proper precautions (as just about anybody should be doing as of now), do regular bloodwork and heart CT if possible (doing 1-2 a year, no signs of plaque build-up at all) and don't be stupid with your super supp use. Everything else (predispositions etc we might not know about) is not in our hands.‎

R.I.P. Taylor, you will be dearly missed my friend.‎

Then you are the RARE exception. I have yet to see ANYONE use Anavar for more than a couple weeks whose HDL levels weren't decimated---almost always in the single digits.

Then you are the RARE exception. I have yet to see ANYONE use Anavar for more than a couple weeks whose HDL levels weren't decimated---almost always in the single digits.

I suppose so. And like I said, I don't want to underestimate the risk/talk down the risk of Var and other orals on lipids and did not want my post to come across as an insult against Dante. There are exceptions. Yeah the majority will have decimated HDL levels, but not everyone. That's why bloodwork is so essential, especially when using orals (or other stuff than Test in general, imo). Not trying to sound smart or anything, but like with everything else out there, not everybody reacts the same. ‎

I only ran Var once and it trashed my HDL. I have read countless post by people saying the same thing. You might be the ONLY person i have read a post by that says VAR didn't effect them. You 100% sure your var was real?

I agree with Stan. Even though many here take and recommend it, I almost always advise against the chronic use of aspirin...because even low doses can have serious negative effects on both the digestive and cardiovascular systems.
So what would you do to keep blood from getting too thick and platelets from aggregating?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I only ran Var once and it trashed my HDL. I have read countless post by people saying the same thing. You might be the ONLY person i have read a post by that says VAR didn't effect them. You 100% sure your var was real?

100 percent, yes sir.

We had a gentleman at my gym who was active in volleyball, running , ski.. Ect.. He was 42 at the time..meh literally was obsessive about diet.. Fish.. Chicken..mno red meat..salads e t.. He did drink a bit on weekends., dropped right outside the gym.. Made it to the hospital.. All 4 clogged.. Cholesterol was near 400.. His buddy joking said his blood was like molasses.. He felt great right up until the attack.. Just a bit tired.. He lived and went back to a pretty active lifestyle.. But it goes to show you just because you feel " ok" does not mean you are.. Get tested..

A friend of mine I grew up with, his father was extremely active and regularly participated in triathlons. He was in his 50's and always placed well, was in very good health, or so it seemed. While riding his bike training for an upcoming triathlon, he keeled over with a massive heart attack and died on the side of the road. He ate healthy, didn't drink or smoke, did no drugs (rec or aas). Was a great family man and an extremely hard worker, owned a lawn care business. Dead in his mid 50's with no family history of cardiovascular issues

I understand what you are saying.. But I do take exception with the generalized comment
" if by 40 you have not found something more meaningful than injecting drugs and being big I feel sorry for you"...

We have numerous pros and top level competitors here that are over 40 or close.. John meadows... Shelby... Brad Davis.. Scott Stevenson and numerous others that are still pursuing their competitive career and some are making more than decent money coaching ect.. They are very health conscience and John and shelby routinely post blood work to show it can be done much more safely.. We always preach health here.. Some won't listen.. Some do.. But I'm not going to degrade anyone for pursuing their passion based on their age.. Most of the top 212 are 40 and over.. To each their own..

I want to think that he was referring to the guys who do this recreationally. Guys like John, Scott, Shelby and Brad are not merely injecting themselves simply to get "big", but are doing so for other reasons. They're not the local gym rat trying to capture the glory days by way of a mid-life crisis. They are pros, they have health as one of their main priorities and not simply size. I could be wrong though, it's happened more than a few times :D

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear