over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

RIP Chode Logan

I agree with Stan. Even though many here take and recommend it, I almost always advise against the chronic use of aspirin...because even low doses can have serious negative effects on both the digestive and cardiovascular systems.

My BP sky rockets on peptides but aspirin and lisinopril help control it is there anything else besides aspirin I could add that actually helps?

Longterm bloodwork before he passed away.....(I didnt ask about the second part because its kind of touchy right now....so i just asked what bloodwork was off and thats the answer I recieved)......Grandfather had massive heart attack at 60 but definitely not 28. I did ask if he used painkillers or nsaids because one thing that is a definite for heart problems is 'sauce' + painkillers or sauce + nsaids.....and nsaids were used

not to derail anything but..

on this.

I have always avoided pain killers n nsaids.

recently, like past few months been taking a weird nsaid at night as it is the only thing that makes me sleep through the night..

sleeping like that has been addictive!
I hate taking the pill... kemanat sl, ketorolaco... Spanish..
but like I said. sleep is a motherfucker...

anyway since maybe relevant to not just me what do we really think is long term use and or abuse of these thing?

we all know and can name guys who have used/abused for years n died...but what about the rest?

we can not say this here too if not appropriate.
but curious on thoughts.

I do not like what im doing...

even though its just n nsaid it makes me feel druggy to need to take it to sleep...its probably low in risk factors in general perspective of my life. I will be stopping though.

So what would you do to keep blood from getting too thick and platelets from aggregating?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Curcumin is a COX/LOX inhibitor, very similar to ASA.

Low dose ASA won't promote or induce CHF. You'll more than likely develop cerebral hemorrhage from ASA, long before there will be any adverse effects on ones cardiovascular system.

As for the primary prevention of an M.I in those with either genetically elevated Lp(a) or venous insufficiency (more common than not), low dose ASA is commonly prescribed. As for the effects of low dose ASA on Lp(a). ASA has been shown to decreases serum Lp(a) concentrations via a decrease in APO(a) gene transcription.

Elevated Lp(a) levels are a major risk factor for M.I, a majority of the time fatal. I personally have genetically high LP(a). For this reason alone is why I take 81mg of ASA.

Last edited:

Low dose ASA won't promote or induce CHF. You'll more than likely develop cerebral hemorrhage from ASA, long before there will be any adverse effects on ones cardiovascular system.

As for the primary prevention of an M.I in those with either genetically elevated Lp(a) or venous insufficiency (more common than not), low dose ASA is commonly prescribed. As for the effects of low dose ASA on Lp(a). ASA has been shown to decreases serum Lp(a) concentrations via a decrease in APO(a) gene transcription.

Elevated Lp(a) levels are a major risk factor for M.I, a majority of the time fatal. I personally have genetically high LP(a). For this reason alone is why I take 81mg of ASA.
I swear to god, one day I'll be able to understand your entire posts by just reading them once.

I swear to god, one day I'll be able to understand your entire posts by just reading them once.

I didn't know what a COX/LOX inhibitor and veinous insufficiency are but I actually understood everything else for a change so I'm really proud of myself

https://examine.com/supplements/centella-asiatica/

R.I.P.
Prayers and thoughts out to his family in this tough time.
-bx

I should have said I was referring to the 81mg baby aspirin that a lot of bodybuilders use but I'm glad you're warning people about the potential risk involved with normal/higher dose aspirin

Could have sworn Stan recommended taking a low dose aspirin when on gh/peptides to do reduce bloat/bp. Am I thinking of someone else lol? Was thinking about incorporating aspirin next time .

So stewie low dose aspirin causes no cardiovascular issues? Just making sure I understand your post

Could have sworn Stan recommended taking a low dose aspirin when on gh/peptides to do reduce bloat/bp. Am I thinking of someone else lol? Was thinking about incorporating aspirin next time .

So stewie low dose aspirin causes no cardiovascular issues? Just making sure I understand your post
I'm not sure how much bloat aspirin would reduce?

I'm not sure how much bloat aspirin would reduce?

Never knew it reduced bloat either which is why it intrigued me. Can't remember the mechanism of action in which bloat was reduced but I bet someone here will chime in.

To the best of my understanding there's no adverse effects on ones cardiovascular system by taking low dose ASA.

If anyone has a recent peer-reviewed Meta analysis citing otherwise, please share.

I hate taking the pill... kemanat sl, ketorolaco... Spanish..
but like I said. sleep is a motherfucker...

anyway since maybe relevant to not just me what do we really think is long term use and or abuse of these thing?

I'm thinking you are referring to Ketorlac or generic Toradol. It's a very powerful NSAID on par with some opiates in the pain relief department, but has very little abuse or overdose potential (almost none in fact). It is what people in the industry sometimes call "ibuprofen on steroids".

Regular use could lead to kidney trouble, bleeding issues (especially GI bleeding/ulcers), and could increase the incidence of stroke. That being said, Toradol is not one of the big offenders, like some drugs that have been outright pulled from the market such as Vioxx etc. These drugs would absolutely be excluded from a regimen in the elderly, chronic or acute kidney disease, and people with a history of bleeding disorders or ulcers.

A friend of mine I grew up with, his father was extremely active and regularly participated in triathlons. He was in his 50's and always placed well, was in very good health, or so it seemed. While riding his bike training for an upcoming triathlon, he keeled over with a massive heart attack and died on the side of the road. He ate healthy, didn't drink or smoke, did no drugs (rec or aas). Was a great family man and an extremely hard worker, owned a lawn care business. Dead in his mid 50's with no family history of cardiovascular issues

Im sorry to tell you but triathlons are not healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To the best of my understanding there's no adverse effects on ones cardiovascular system by taking low dose ASA.

If anyone has a recent peer-reviewed Meta analysis citing otherwise, please share.

This meta-analysis is "kinda" old....

**broken link removed**

I was gonna try to trump your level of evidence with a video from an actual conversation I had with Gawd herself, but the battery on my phone died just when we were broaching the topic... ;)

-S

This meta-analysis is "kinda" old....

**broken link removed**

I was gonna try to trump your level of evidence with a video from an actual conversation I had with Gawd herself, but the battery on my phone died just when we were broaching the topic... ;)

-S

Unless I missed something within..? ...there's nothing in this article about cardiovascular risks on low dose ASA. It speaks more so on the potential of cerebral hemorrhage and G.I bleeds.

Last edited:
Unless I missed something within..? ...there's nothing in this article about cardiovascular risks on low dose ASA. It speaks more so on the potential of cerebral hemorrhage and G.I bleeds.

LOL - Well, kinda... :) You're missing the joke I was trying to make in that you asked for essentially the highest level of evidence (recent meta-analysis) and technically I damn near provided it. ;)

(Uncontrolled bleeding is a cardiovascular complication, I'd say... ;) But yes, I realized you were asking about cardiovascular disease in the context of heart disease. )

Just trying to add a bit of levity, as I imagine Taylor might not have minded. :)

-S

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner