over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

saving money on bodybuilding tips thread

lilarnold

Registered
post you tips here to help some of us save a few bucks!

here is a couple things i do.

im off season right now and one thing i like to do is buy beef in the chubs.......wal-mart has them for like 6.50 for 5 pounds......i either cook them in patties on the foreman or in the pan and then drain it under hot water.......i do this with the cheap turkey too

another thing i do is use puritans pride for my vitamin and other "health" supps.....they give you 2 bottles for free with every one you order....great friggin deal

PRETTY TIMELY THREAD

I am BARELY making ends meet right now so at least for me it is timely. I really hate winter, and this tanking economy isnt helping any. GOD I wish i had a side business that didn't take too much time!........ gotta do things differently next year. Anyway pretty much live on my own homemade chili all winter, cheap ingredients, very healthy and high protein. Costco membership helps for everything else. Can't think of anything else right now.

i don't have any huge tips, i just watch the sales. I'm lucky to have a jewel, dominics, super walmart and target within 10 miles of me. Read the flyers in the newspaper, watch for the sales on meat. whatever's on sale is what i'm eating this week. last week kicked major ass, i was able to walk out of Jewel with 5lbs. of steak for about 12 bucks.

oh, a tip on cheap protein powder for those of you who are hi carb guys. MuscleBlast......i buy it at the Jewel, 10 bucks for 2 lbs i thnk. It's high on carbs and moderate on protein, but the amino acid profile is top notch. once mixed, it's about 120g carbs and 50g protein, mixed w/ milk. I remember when i first tried it in college, i was broke so i bought it out of desperation, after a few days on it I noticed i was a lot fuller and was having great workouts. not good for precontest, but definately an off-season staple if you're watchin the wallet.

I am BARELY making ends meet right now so at least for me it is timely. I really hate winter, and this tanking economy isnt helping any. GOD I wish i had a side business that didn't take too much time!........ gotta do things differently next year. Anyway pretty much live on my own homemade chili all winter, cheap ingredients, very healthy and high protein. Costco membership helps for everything else. Can't think of anything else right now.

there is no way my wife or any of my clients would tolerate me living off chilli!!!!!

Here's a good one.

2 7lb buckets of isopure (100 bucks)
**broken link removed**

5 bottles hydrolyzed bovine gelatin (20 bucks)
http://www.vitacost.com/Thompson-Hydrolyzed-Gelatin?csrc=NTDC-031315196416

3 bottles of glycerin (18 bucks)
**broken link removed**

And then forget about ANY supplemental aminos, supplemental protein, or workout drinks until mid-summer for around $140

You still have to eat food though!

save time and $

Buy an asian rice cooker...depending on size, some can cook 10-20 cups of rice in 30 minutes. The rice cooker will keep the rice warm and ready to eat for 3-4 days before spoiling.
You can buy 25lb bag of rice from cosco for about $15 bucks or any local asian stores for about the same price. I usually buy jasmine rice.

^Bump the hell outta this thread..us poor students need all the tips we can get!!!

People can cut back on the gear.

Must be expensive.

If you can't afford protein or food you can't afford gear.

Anyways buy meat in bulk and freeze it.

wish i had a chicken sponsorship like Phil Heath!!!:D

Just cut back on your other expenses. Heres some thing I do when dieting and go out for lunch, El Pollo loco; I'll order a side of chopped breast $1.99 very lean, a side salad only lettuce $.99, and I'll use their salsa instead of dressing. Just $3.00, not a lot of cals though, you can double up the chicken, or get a BRC minus cheese, and empty the beans and rice into the salad if you need carbs only $1 more.

That's precisely what I did. But prices were higher when I did it about 3 months ago. Sale prices are incredible now.

Check this out for $6.99!

NOW Foods, Natural Beef Gelatin Powder - 1 lb

Serving Size: 1 Tbsp.

Protein 9 g

Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon

Servings Per Container: 45

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Heres what i do to help me cut costs:-

*Buy my chicken, plain cod fillets and steak in bulk. (a freind of mine is very close with the owner of a major food distribution company which supply to top resteraunts e.t.c) Works out about 60% cheaper than buying from butcher.
*Anytime i see an offer in the supermarket i bulk buy until the next offer.(tuna, rice cakes, ricee.t.c)
*look out for supplement deals also. Stick to the basic supplemtents to (creatine, protein, caffine, waxy maize, multivtiamin, fish oils e.t.c) no need for fancy overpriced "hyhped" muscletech products.
* bulk buy alot of my protein and waxy maize startch.
*make sure i have all my cycles complete before starting. Saves me buying bits and pieces at diff times(potentially dearer)
* use tap water (off season) lol

Last edited:
HA HA

there is no way my wife or any of my clients would tolerate me living off chilli!!!!!

Well for one I live alone for the most part and for two, after I eat it for a few days it doesnt effect me like your thinking. :p

Just cut back on your other expenses. Heres some thing I do when dieting and go out for lunch, El Pollo loco; I'll order a side of chopped breast $1.99 very lean, a side salad only lettuce $.99, and I'll use their salsa instead of dressing. Just $3.00, not a lot of cals though, you can double up the chicken, or get a BRC minus cheese, and empty the beans and rice into the salad if you need carbs only $1 more.

In my market El Pollo Loco, has extra whole chicken for $4.99 with family meal purchase. Guess what's for lunch today?

spending money on the small crap adds up fast…

Don't buy bottled water or sports drinks. Get a big water bottle that uses plastic that's safe to use repeatedly, tap it up and pocket the money… lets see only $2 bucks a day = $60 a month. And that's just for the water you drink. Put in a couple tablespoons glycerine and you are super hydrated

Bulk food stores. You can get 10lbs of chicken breast for about $20. 36 eggs for $2.50 and 5lbs of EAS protein for $30. Rice and stuff is real cheap too.
Also, if you work at or have a friend that works at a restaurant you should be able to steal or, I'm sorry, "borrow some left overs" like I do.
Raiding other people's refrigerators is good...

WAS working nites the other nite, and since i fucked up the holidays diet wise.. im doing a blast PALUMBO style... this VS my HERNON diet im following save me around $150 month

PALUMBO DIET IS AROUND $150/MNTH
HERNON DIET IS AROUND $3-400/MNTH

FYI

i like both diets... i do notice on palumbos i dont have heartburn...EVERYOTHER DIET I HAVE HEARTBURN IF I GO WITH OUT A MEAL FOR 3+HRS???

Phats

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity