over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

SEO - Clearance Rates & Sesame oil question

DatBtrue

Kilo Klub Member
First off this post isn't about Synthetek's SEO which appears to be awesome. Nor is it about making your own. In fact buying sterile high quality SEO from Synthetek is THE way to go IF you are inclined to use oil for those purposes.

I was wondering about the clearance rate of oils. I see many, even medical professionals that write silly columns for MD Magazine state that MCT could be deadly because it stays around forever.

No it doesn't. I was just going through a lot of studies and although there is variability among animal models it seems MCT oil (Fractionated coconut oil) has about a one week half-life in muscle and the rate of disappearance remains linear.

The key determinant seems to be the general viscosity of the oil. Here is a good example:

From, Intramuscular rate of disappearance of oily vehicles in rabbits investigated by gamma-scintigraphy, Kirsten Schultz et al, International Journal of Pharmaceutics 169 (1998) 121–126

Viscosities and muscular disappearance rates of various oily vehicles

Oily vehicle - Viscosity at 37°C - T1/2

• Ethyl oleate - 3.9 - 10 days
  • Fractionated coconut oil - 15 - 1 week
  • Sesame oil - 35 - 1 month
  • Arachidis oil - 35.2 - 23 days
  • Castor oil - 286 - Indefinitely

So obviously never use Castor oil.

Apparently the volume of the oil injected doesn't effect the clearance rate. That remains constant.

Also both Fractionated coconut oil and Sesame oil spread approximately 25% along the muscle fibres (beneath the fascial sheaths) during the first 24 h after administration (primarily in the first few minutes) and then virtually no more spreading. So both are equally effective at creating a volume depot capable of fascial stretching.

Does anyone know why Sesame oil could not be used? Just curious.

More importantly the studies show that MCT oil is not deadly. It has half the viscocity of Sesame oil so if it gets into the blood stream it probably isn't going to clog any arteries or cause blockages in and around the heart.

It has a half-life (i.e. degradation rate) of a week and a linear continual clearance rate so MCT oil will not stay around for a long period of time. Only about 1% remains after 6 weeks.

Anyway I thought I'd clear up the misperception about MCT oil.

Good post! Sounds like the oils exhibit linear, zero order kinetcs. This is just what you said in that the clearance is the same rate regardless of amount. This is the same way alcohol and aspirin clear the body.

If you find further references, please post them!

The following comes from: Determination of the disappearance rate of iodine-125 labelled oils from the injection site after intramuscular and subcutaneous administration to pigs, Susan Weng Larsen et al, International Journal of Pharmaceutics 230 (2001) 67–75

The half-life for clearance of Viscoleo (Fractionated coconut oil) from the injection site in pigs, rabbits, rats and dogs is 14, 8, 7 and 2 days, respectively. In spite of these apparent discrepancies, the disappearance rate of Viscoleo from the injection site is generally faster than those of the other oil vehicles investigated; independent of animal model used.
Clipboard01.gif

What determines absorption & how is it absorbed?

Lymphatic (minor role)

A maximum of 5% of the injected dose of sesame oil and Viscoleo in rats and dogs was accounted for via lymphatic absorption (Svendsen and Aaes- Jørgensen, 1979)....Lymphatic absorption might be expected to take place more efficiently from the subcutaneous layers than from the intramuscular injection sites, since the lymphatic system is better developed in the former region (Ballard, 1968). Although some absorption into the lymphatic system may occur it appears less likely that this route of absorption plays a dominant role in the clearance of oil vehicles.

Surface area

The surface area of the oil depot is likely to affect the clearance of the oil vehicle from the injection site. Thus, the distribution of the oil vehicle at the injection site can be an important variable. The spreading characteristics of the oil vehicle appears to be influenced by the viscosity of the oil (Howard and Hadgraft, 1983). ...the more viscous oil the more resistant to spreading at the injection site and consequently a slower clearance rate would be expected.

Other Factors

Biological and physiological factors such as vascularisation (Zuidema et al., 1988) and body movement (Ballard, 1968) might also influence the absorption rate of the oil vehicles.

Phagocytosis (the cellular process of engulfing solid particles by the cell membrane) might constitute another possible absorption mechanism (Ballard, 1968). Phagocytosis is likely to be related to the tissue response to the injected oil material (Ballard, 1968).

Metabolic degradation of oil vehicles has been suggested by Svendsen and Aaes-Jørgensen (1979) to play a role in the removal of oil vehicles from the site of injection. As a result of the inflammatory response, several enzymes might be present at the injection site. Degradation of oil vehicles mediated by lipases might therefore also contribute to the disappearance rate of oil vehicles where the rate of degradation might be influenced by the composition of the oil vehicles:

- Viscoleo is a vegetable oil consisting of triglycerides containing only medium chain saturated fatty acids

- whereas sesame oil and other vegetable oils previously used consist of triglycerides with long chain saturated and unsaturated fatty acids

- For the synthetic oil vehicles, the composition might also be related to the clearance rate. The alcohol component of isopropyl myristate might give rise to steric hindrance, thereby accounting for the lower clearance rate.​

Last edited:
Just a note to follow up on this thread. Since I completed extensive research in this area a while back...

The oil that is used in syntherol is the oil that you want to use (i.e derived from fractionated coconut oil). You do not want to use sesame oil or EO or anything other than MCT oil.

It is a serious mistake to look at half-life of an oil and chose based that. This statement has to do with effectiveness rather then safety. The lipid make up of syntherol is effective and optimal.

I hope Big A consults with me before changing the formula... because I will NOT allow it. :)

Just a note to follow up on this thread. Since I completed extensive research in this area a while back...

The oil that is used in syntherol is the oil that you want to use (i.e derived from fractionated coconut oil). You do not want to use sesame oil or EO or anything other than MCT oil.

It is a serious mistake to look at half-life of an oil and chose based that. This statement has to do with effectiveness rather then safety. The lipid make up of syntherol is effective and optimal.

I hope Big A consults with me before changing the formula... because I will NOT allow it. :)

Awesome information as always DatBTrue. Thanks and if i ever go the SEO route, i will be sure it is with synthetek!!

Maybe this is a dumb question...

Does the clearance rate of the oil used in an injectable affect the speed in which the effects occur? For example, does an ethyl oleate based test enth "work" faster than a sesame seed oil based test enth?

I've always wondered if the type of oil had an effect on how soon one feels the gear's effects and if one switched types mid cycle if there could be a lag.

Does the clearance rate of the oil used in an injectable affect the speed in which the effects occur? For example, does an ethyl oleate based test enth "work" faster than a sesame seed oil based test enth?

I've always wondered if the type of oil had an effect on how soon one feels the gear's effects and if one switched types mid cycle if there could be a lag.

One of the reasons that studies were done on all types of oils...mapping out all of their characteristics is that pharmaceuticals are sometimes delivered in an oil delivery vehicle and the medical community needed to make sure the oil would not "out run the estered-pharmaceutical".

Esters of various length when attached to compounds make the compound more "fat loving" and "water hating". A long estered compound will be more attracted to fat then water.

Tissue in the body is water-based. Therefore long-estered compounds will tend to stay in oil/fat depots because they are more attracted to fat then water.

The clearance rate or rate that an estered compound will enter water-based tissue and into the blood stream where enzymes act to cut off the ester are predictable. BUT that is only true if the calculated clearance rate of the ester is shorter then the oil it is deposited in.

So yes a decanoate ester with a long-half life could find itself in an oil that clears or has a half-life shorter than the ester. In that case when the oil is gone the compound attached to the decanoate ester will find itself in a water-based environment and will enter the blood stream where the ester is cleaved and compound activated.

Awesome info, thanks Dat. Syntherol is definitely the best SEO.

DATBTRUE you make my day. you always got backup for what you gotta say/prove. keep it up brother

thanks!

Definitely answered a few questions that i have had about how long the oil actually stays in the muscle before clearing the body and whether or not accidentally injecting into the blood stream would be dangerous or not.

Last edited:
Anyone know what kind of oil is in the other SEO's that are around?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws