over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

SI joint pain

MouthBreather1982

Registered
Does any one have any experience with SI joint disfunction and how to correct it or rehab it?

My friend cant function on his manual labor job any longer because the pain is so bad. The doctor recently told him its the SI joint because he felt some relief after an injection. They want to do some surgery on him for it, but he is skeptical because its only% percent effective and they aren't really sure whats causing it. He also mentioned that he is longer on one side or something, maybe he said his pelvis might be tilted on one side.

Any good sources of info out there that you would recommend or good doctors in NYC area? I have a feeling it could be corrected through rehab.

Core strengthening will help prevent him from spraining his SI. From personal experience, my patients and my own back, it's going to take 2ish weeks for a SI sprain to calm down and return to function.

Of course he feels better after a steroid shot, it masks the pain, but doesn't solve the problem. And you/him are correct, there is no guarantee after surgery that he'll be pain free or that the problem will be solved. Surgery is a crap shoot. Some people have great success, some no change, and others are worse off.

IMO, he needs to rest, ice, and take it easy till his current issue heals. After it starts to feel better, he needs to start core strengthening: planks, side planks, bird dog, cat/cow, etc the list goes on. All this can be done at home.

Therapies and Protocols

Aloha,

There is bound to be pelvic structural compensations in the pelvis that will need to be resolved. A knowledgeable DO should be able to reset it.

The muscles of the pelvis may unwind back to their preinjury level, and they may not. A Certified Advanced Rolfer would be of benefit, and or a Feldenkrais Practitioner would be good modalities to integrate.

After the above therapies the structure (muscles and bones in the pelvis and trunk) will be in a neutral state, the inflammation should be gone, then start loading in correct form. Correct movement patterns lead to entrained motor patterns. Foundation Training by Dr. Eric Goodman is spot on, as is Stuart McGill's work.

Another key, proper progression with adequate recovery for complete adaptations.

V

Have your friend see a rheumatologist. It could be something like ankylosing spondylitis.

thanks guys. He just got let go from sanitation in NYC which is a really good job after 15 years of work, because he was on light Duty too often. He’s seen loads of doctors and been on meds so it’s not like he’s faking it. He has to fight for his pension and 3/4th now with a lawyer. Hopefully the medical records are good enough.
I have to convince him to train with me. I think doing nothing has probably help cause this. I know my pelvis and hams and low back all hurt if I go several weeks with out squatting or deadlifting.

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I forgot about this thread but will pass the info on.

Therapies and Protocols

Aloha,

There is bound to be pelvic structural compensations in the pelvis that will need to be resolved. A knowledgeable DO should be able to reset it.

The muscles of the pelvis may unwind back to their preinjury level, and they may not. A Certified Advanced Rolfer would be of benefit, and or a Feldenkrais Practitioner would be good modalities to integrate.

After the above therapies the structure (muscles and bones in the pelvis and trunk) will be in a neutral state, the inflammation should be gone, then start loading in correct form. Correct movement patterns lead to entrained motor patterns. Foundation Training by Dr. Eric Goodman is spot on, as is Stuart McGill's work.

Another key, proper progression with adequate recovery for complete adaptations.

V

this 👆🏻👆🏻

Check out SMASHWERX on YOUTUBE.Tons of rehab and therapy for back issues and every other body area.Helped me fix a shoulder and back issues when Docs were talking surgery.He only recommends surgery if its torn off or broken.Short videos worth watching.

Check out SMASHWERX on YOUTUBE.Tons of rehab and therapy for back issues and every other body area.Helped me fix a shoulder and back issues when Docs were talking surgery.He only recommends surgery if its torn off or broken.Short videos worth watching.
Thanks for the recommendation hadn’t heard of this but I done about an hour of the hip release and lower back release stuff today and it worked amazingly well

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131