over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Silly Doctors

The problem with this ignorant doctors is what my friend is going through right now, he has been using gear for 30 plus years, no problems, he's 74 yrs old, never had a health issue, but his doctor prescribed zocor, and then after 3 weeks of using this poison the whole thing came crashing down, kidneys started failing, liver count up, confusion,muscle weakness, all side effects of allergic reaction of a statin drug, almost died, but thank God he recovered, however he made the mistake of telling his doctor he uses steroids, well guess what? he blamed the whole episode on his gear use, and now any complain he has, his doctor goes back to steroids, without a shred of evidence. I actually think the steroids saved his life, if he would have been a skinny, little 74 yr old, he would have died . To this day the doctor blames steroids for something he caused by his prescription. And by the way he has yet to explain how gear caused all this life threatening situation, simply because there is no evidence to back it up. God bless you friends.

thats because hes given incentives(trips , free stuff etc) to dole out pharm drugs like they are candy, blaming what hes prescribing would lower his quality of life.......its a vicious circle my friends, we are simply mice

The atmosphere is such that you have to lie for your survival because of a witch hunt. Makes me sick to think you can't be honest with your doc because of this. Sad really. Imagine how much longer and better the quality of life could be if doctors were more educated and the ones that agree with the people on this board werent in danger of being sued.

thats because hes given incentives(trips , free stuff etc) to dole out pharm drugs like they are candy, blaming what hes prescribing would lower his quality of life.......its a vicious circle my friends, we are simply mice

So I go for my blood work and my yearly appointment to my cardiologist...first a little history. Both sides of my family have high blood pressure, bad cholesterol, and just crappy hearts in general, but everyone lives to be in their freakin 90's. So I got the high blood pressure...basically from 122 over 66 to 141 over 77 is my normal readings depending upon the time of the day and what I am doing.

I go for my labs last week and my general practioner calls me back and is like dude your blood work is awesome..my cholesterol is even on the low side..total 114 count. He wants my LDL up a bit more, but overall he was very happy. My liver and kidneys all came back 38 and 49 respectively, so he was thrilled there too.

So I go see the cardiologist yesterday for my routine echocardiogram. My cardiologist walks in and was like everything looks great, you managed to even bring your slightly enlarged endothelial walls back to the normal range due to a better control of your bp and such. Then comes the boom! However, these steroids are going to kill you. Yep suddenly KILL YOU JEFF if you do not get off of them and all your supplements and commit to a healthy life. I proceeded to laugh which really pissed him off. I said look bro I don't do over 1g a week of everything getting ready for a show..WAIT FOR IT HERE IS THE KICKER! He proceeds to then say well I don't know if that is a lot or a little!!

In his defense, do you know if it is a lot or little? :confused:

You are taking more than 10 times what a very healthy natural guy's body would produce. By most measures, that would not be a little. We are not talking about TRT doses here.

He should call you out for that. Calling him ignorant for doing his job is uncalled for. Of course, you may know better because you have a Ph.D. in what exactly?

Last edited:
after a dr i went to see read me the riot act about using illegal test, she proceeded to tell me lyle alzado died from testicular cancer, i laughed at her.............most of them have been in a book their whole life, they know nothing of the outside world, let alone proper aas use

oh yeah, then i got a letter in the mail saying she no longer would be my dr, im crushed

Sad to think this of medical doctors . We want to think they have a vast amount of knowledge about all drugs including steroids, nutrition , vitamins that a lot of the general public thinks a doctor spends years learning about when I was always informed they take a few credit classes learning about vitamins or nutrition, and are still bringing up that Lyle Alzado incident when I don't think it was ever proven today what caused his cancer.

To the poster who called me ignorant and if I had my phD. Well after 18 surgeries I know my way around hospitals and doctors. Second he had no clue what my bone disease was exactly or how it impacted me and third he asked if my bone disease was reversable.

Perhaps, maybe I view them different than others might. But a few fuck ups due to a doctors hand and you might change your mind too.

I decided long ago to be honest and up front, considering with my disease they have no true clue on much of it anyway.

So no I do not have a phD, but perhaps one day I should consider that investment.

Dr.s don't know the effects of anabolics with the exception of with sick people with wasting diseases. When it comes to athletic uses, they buy into what the press says.

Totally true

You are so correct. Its a sick dam world we live in and the bottom line is its based on monetary issues. Right from the foods we eat and the drugs these doctors push will kill us. Aspartame and other sweeteners are poison yet government lets companies put this in our foods.
I listened to an audio by depak choptra which he states the body can repair 95 percent of the diseases out there.
I guess we need to selectively pick what to put in our bodies especially our foods.
Its a great thread.

You are so correct. Its a sick dam world we live in and the bottom line is its based on monetary issues. Right from the foods we eat and the drugs these doctors push will kill us. Aspartame and other sweeteners are poison yet government lets companies put this in our foods.
I listened to an audio by depak choptra which he states the body can repair 95 percent of the diseases out there.
I guess we need to selectively pick what to put in our bodies especially our foods.
Its a great thread.

This is all pretty ignorant and uninformed. Aspartame is a poison? Please read some peer-reviewed literature. The majority verdict as of now refutes this... overwhelmingly.

I think you mean Deepak Chopra, the man who says we can "direct the way our bodies metabolize time". And who also bestows the world with such wondrous knowledge as cataracts being able to be reversed by concocting a mixture of tooth brushing, tongue scraping, and spit which is to be applied to the eyes. The guy bastardizes quantum physics in the most appalling ways and generally misleads those who get all shiny eyed when people start using "sciency" terms.

Despite the hate, real doctors, on the average, are fairly bright individuals. In fact I have yet to work with an MD I didn't find intelligent, but just as a mechanic there are good and... less good ones... and some that are in it to make as much money as possible regardless. It's your job as a consumer of their services to sift through the bullshit and find some that stay informed and/or specialize in the topics that concern you. Trust me, you don't know more than they do about the body. However, if for some reason you feel more informed about a very specific topic than your doctor does, and it concerns you, you need to move along to a new one. Problem solved.

As a simple analogy, I don't take my sports car to a general mechanic because chances are he's never touched this type of vehicle before. That's why there are specialty shops, and similarly that's why doctors specialize. It really is simple.

This is all pretty ignorant and uninformed. Aspartame is a poison? Please read some peer-reviewed literature. The majority verdict as of now refutes this... overwhelmingly.

I think you mean Deepak Chopra, the man who says we can "direct the way our bodies metabolize time". And who also bestows the world with such wondrous knowledge as cataracts being able to be reversed by concocting a mixture of tooth brushing, tongue scraping, and spit which is to be applied to the eyes. The guy bastardizes quantum physics in the most appalling ways and generally misleads those who get all shiny eyed when people start using "sciency" terms.

Despite the hate, real doctors, on the average, are fairly bright individuals. In fact I have yet to work with an MD I didn't find intelligent, but just as a mechanic there are good and... less good ones... and some that are in it to make as much money as possible regardless. It's your job as a consumer of their services to sift through the bullshit and find some that stay informed and/or specialize in the topics that concern you. Trust me, you don't know more than they do about the body. However, if for some reason you feel more informed about a very specific topic than your doctor does, and it concerns you, you need to move along to a new one. Problem solved.

As a simple analogy, I don't take my sports car to a general mechanic because chances are he's never touched this type of vehicle before. That's why there are specialty shops, and similarly that's why doctors specialize. It really is simple.

You put it so well that there is nothing I can add to make it more concise. I agree 100% with all that you have said. Not all doctors are going to be able to work with you, and if the relationship doesnt work out then you just head for the door and find a doctor better suited for you. Ive got some great docs now and just 1 I think I may have to replace.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear