advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how do you all handle the topic of hormones with doctors?

Do you tell your doctor?

• Yes, I tell them about GEAR + TRT

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Yes, I tell them about TRT only

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • No, I have not told them about anything

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters
Every doctor I have ever been to. Not even joking is a fucking cocksucker.

I tell them exactly what’s going on and what I’m doing. They would look at me as a drug addict and offer no assistance.

The only progress I have made is paying out of pocket. I find doctors who specialize in athletic performance and know what they are looking at.

I have been able to develop a relationship with a team of doctors. I consider myself educated on the hormone side. I am able to bounce off ideas. Develop hypothesis, ask questions. It’s a give and take now. They trust me and what I’m telling them and vice versa.
Same. Where the heck are these cool doctors everyone else seems to find except me?? If anyone has any cool South Florida endo or urologist recommendations that won't have a complete meltdown at the sight of an elevated hemoglobin, let me know lol

Same. Where the heck are these cool doctors everyone else seems to find except me?? If anyone has any cool South Florida endo or urologist recommendations that won't have a complete meltdown at the sight of an elevated hemoglobin, let me know lol
They do love to get their panties in a wad about hematocrit and hemoglobin.....listen if I could get it below 50 it would BE below 50. Prolly isn't going to happen. Has anyone actually quantified this mysterious risk of clots with it 2 points off normal anyway?

Unless your doctor is prescribing you the Testosterone never ever bring it up! At least that’s my mindset! Too many things can cascade in a negative fashion from it!
I tell them exactly what’s going on and what I’m doing. They would look at me as a drug addict and offer no assistance.

The only progress I have made is paying out of pocket. I find doctors who specialize in athletic performance and know what they are looking at.
Just because a doc went to med school doesn’t mean they know everything. A lot cling to the idea that steroids are completely dangerous.

I don’t tell my doc shit. I feel like if i did, it would invite a patronizing lecture.
☝️ All this, I've learned my lesson, don't ever think your general practitioner has your interest in mind. They have limited knowledge and most likely it will be negative from lack of current day knowledge on the subject. Almost 100% the doc has not read up on the subject, only enough to have gotten their medical degree back in the day.

They do love to get their panties in a wad about hematocrit and hemoglobin.....
I've had this happen to me multiple times, where the doctor's assistant comes running in like I'm going to drop dead right there with elevated hematocrit levels. I live 2 miles above sea level, everyone up here has elevated hematocrit levels.

It sucks because we all know insurance will try to use that against any of us that dies from a heart attack at the minimum, so you always have to take that into consideration when conferring with your dr...
Like @K1 mentioned, insurance companies would love nothing more than to stick you with the bill for heart troubles. Steroids caused it all will be there mantra. Then they’ll revoke life insurance policies, and things will snowball.
This concerns me, we all know insurance companies will use this against us to raise premiums, when we are most likely healthier and more conscious of our health than most people out there.

In the state I live there is a well-known gym, most everyone on this board is aware of it. In the same building is an endocrinologist office where they are very aware of their clients endeavors and support overseeing gear usage and monitoring such usage. To me this is an ideal situation and the only way I would collaborate with a doctor for HRT.

They do love to get their panties in a wad about hematocrit and hemoglobin.....listen if I could get it below 50 it would BE below 50. Prolly isn't going to happen. Has anyone actually quantified this mysterious risk of clots with it 2 points off normal anyway?
No, its complete bullshit. It's only a real concern when platelets are also high.

I grew up smoking weed and also AAS throughout my 20s. One test cycle in my 30s and natural now. I work in medical field since for 17 years with doctors. I witness the idea of marijuanna as medicine go from being laughed at and the patient being treated like a drug addict all the way to current times we discuss marijuanna as a legitimate and valid option for some. I could see AAS continue to follow similar path potentially.

Also, doctors are just a slice of population with a degree and career. Some are cool and some are not just like any other profession. A crusty old doctor who seems not cool off the start, I would not discuss AAS. If it were a younger male or female doctor who seems down to earth then I would be more likely to discuss.

I grew up smoking weed and also AAS throughout my 20s. One test cycle in my 30s and natural now. I work in medical field since for 17 years with doctors. I witness the idea of marijuanna as medicine go from being laughed at and the patient being treated like a drug addict all the way to current times we discuss marijuanna as a legitimate and valid option for some. I could see AAS continue to follow similar path potentially.

Also, doctors are just a slice of population with a degree and career. Some are cool and some are not just like any other profession. A crusty old doctor who seems not cool off the start, I would not discuss AAS. If it were a younger male or female doctor who seems down to earth then I would be more likely to discuss.
It has nothing to do with science/medicine and everything to do with politics. Steroids are viewed as evil and dangerous for athletes, even at TRT dosages; but perfectly safe for transgender kids. And just the same as you pointed out, people that smoked marijuana were considered druggys and shunned. Now that there is a ton of money being made in the industry, its perfectly fine.

It has nothing to do with science/medicine and everything to do with politics. Steroids are viewed as evil and dangerous for athletes, even at TRT dosages; but perfectly safe for transgender kids. And just the same as you pointed out, people that smoked marijuana were considered druggys and shunned. Now that there is a ton of money being made in the industry, its perfectly fine.
Well put.

I share my use with personal doctors, but not on my yearly company medical check.

It's not illegal here, so that risk isn't there. My biggest problem is sheer ignorance.

My personal doctor just tells me to be careful and leaves it to me. He never pushes back and just treats whatever issues I might have regardless.

My surgeon, despite good intentions and being involved with the national rugby team - and having recently written a paper on PED education for Japanese national athletes - doesn't have a deep understanding of the area. this same guy had attributed both my quad tear and cellulitis to AAS use. He's still a great surgeon so I politely and discretely dismiss his views.

Back in the 90s my GP knew my use and sought to support me knowing I would not stop. He worked on harm reduction. Even prescribed me Nolvadex.

Agree with this. I don't ever see AAS views changing the way pot views have changed. The people ", the war on drugs" was supposedly hurting can be painted as victims very easily. When most people think of a steroid user they probably picture someone like Jay Cutler, a white muscular middle class male. That doesn't sell as a victim. Even if we look at young people, kids who buy and sell pot are viewed as harmless where when we see an article about a teen using AAS we usually hear "gyno, acne, breasts, suicidal thoughts, ruined his life." Also the general population doesn't follow bodybuilding much but they are fully aware that the guys on stage 250 plus are not healthy.

I think AAS views will stay about where they are, if anything, the Fed's will start cracking down more on the TRT places selling deca, var, etc their just asking for trouble.

I have nothing against weed and have a lot of prior experience with it but there are some major differences between the two. Weed pacifies the people, this is to the benefit of those in power. In my experience weed made me ok with being subpar. On the other hand steroids increase drive, motivation and confidence. I can't see them legalizing steroids ever. The last thing the government wants is more manly men, they want compliant soyboys.

I have nothing against weed and have a lot of prior experience with it but there are some major differences between the two. Weed pacifies the people, this is to the benefit of those in power. In my experience weed made me ok with being subpar. On the other hand steroids increase drive, motivation and confidence. I can't see them legalizing steroids ever. The last thing the government wants is more manly men, they want compliant soyboys.
Agree with this. They don't want individuals with drive, they want collectivists who are obedient and look out for "the greater good." A confident, self driven man, who wants better than "equality" is a threat.

Keep it to yourself! You’re on a replacement dose, not an enhancement dose. So there no real health risk to speak of in general.

There some doctors out there that have predetermined minds that AAS are a bad thing.

In my opinion, NONE OF THEIR F’N BIDNESS!

Cage
Around 2006 or so I went to the doctor for some issue. He asked if I take steroids. I said just take creatine and aminos. I acted very ignorant, like most gym rats or casual weight lifters.
Anyway the Dr went on to say, don't start steroids. You'll become sterile and won't be able to have kids. Some know it all Indian doctor talking down to me...
Ironically, I'm probably 6kids deep at the time and probably had a couple on the way... all while on large amounts of DHB, tren, test.

I put 3 or 4 insulin pins in my forearm and when the nurse asks to take my blood pressure, I unzip my hoodie and say, "Oh geez! I forgot about those. Can I use your Sharps container? Thanks."

Problem solved.

That’s what I struggle to wrap my head around…. You’ll proudly give out Testosterone to some young lady aspiring to be a male. Yet if I walk in and say I’m suffering from low T, I’ll get the same Ol speech of how dangerous they are! Go figure…

Cage

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Urs