advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Skip's Solid vs Whey Protein Experiment.

aussiebulldog

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I always feel guilty as I use lots of shakes during the day due to .....Life..
so I find this experiment interesting, we had a few thread discussing it before , I know.

"I wanted to see if not using solid protein sources (chicken breast, beef, etc.) in the day to day diet was just as effective as having all protein come from protein drinks" Skip.

**broken link removed**

ive done it, all shakes every few hours with no meats. Gains for me were just the same, the only issue i had was sometimes controlling hunger.

I mostly live on WPI, Juice and EVOO

I make 2 x 2 Litre Bottles of Shake every day and sip allday.

Each one has 200g Protein (WPI), 200g Carbs (Pure Juice - Orange or Apple or Feijoa-real nice) and 80ml EVOO.

Usually eat 2 solid meals a day, but sometimes just make another shake.

Currently 132kg, not sure on BF but can see abs, just.

I think if you gonna live on shakes you have to have highest quality Protein Powder you can get. Mines unflavored direct from Fonterra.

I now do the opposite and dont use any way , just get all my protein from food and seem to do better

i cant really say coz whey protein is my protein source for every meal except dinner

but i do it coz its cheaper to use whey then real food for a protein source

im curious, how exactly will you determine whether whey VS whole foods is better?

wat measuring tools? factors or quantitative or qualitative characteristics will you be basing your conclusion on?

i really think ur gonna struggle to determine the differences

They SHOULD have used EGG or CASEIN as the protein powder, Whey SUCKS for general use, it is only valuable pre or post workout. All other times, egg and casein outperform whey.

They SHOULD have used EGG or CASEIN as the protein powder, Whey SUCKS for general use, it is only valuable pre or post workout. All other times, egg and casein outperform whey.

When you have a protein as popular and highly used as the team skip protein, THEN you may speak. As for whey "sucking", if I eat solid meals all day and only use a shake pwo, it'd be pretty effin badass, huh?

that why "Team Skip" works so well cause its a 1/3 blend of each

Mix 3 scoops Team Skip choocolate/peanutbutter cup with 2oz water (thats right , two ounces)and 2 tablespoon of peanutbutter and its a great little meal that will satisfy your hunger for several hrs , great pre bed because its a very low volume but very calorie dense keeps me from getting acid reflux from having a big ass shake then laying down.

this also makes a great dip/spread to put on some whole grain toast or eat with apple wedges (common snack for my kids) to make a complete meal

Last edited:
When you have a protein as popular and highly used as the team skip protein, THEN you may speak. As for whey "sucking", if I eat solid meals all day and only use a shake pwo, it'd be pretty effin badass, huh?

My company does not manufacture a protein powder, although we have plans to release a MILK AND EGG blend during the winter...

WHEY SUCKS. It is the biggest supplement SCAM of all-time..

My company does not manufacture a protein powder, although we have plans to release a MILK AND EGG blend during the winter...

I am a big fan of egg whites and take them with my protein (whey) shake

can you elaborate on your statement that whey sucks please
Cheers

Pretty strong claims here. Its a complete protein having the richest sources of bcaa of any other protein powder. The only down fall using it any other times other then pre and pwo is the quick absorption, but this can be slowed down if you consume its with other foods, fiber, and efa's.

First off, bolding certain words doesn't add validity to your claims. So you're telling us all you've never used a whey protein?! Will your new protein make legs grow while talking on the phone?

:food-:mil

And Ross comes in and ruins ANOTHER fucking thread. Why doesn't THIS guy ever get a three day ban...

I always feel guilty as I use lots of shakes during the day due to .....Life..
so I find this experiment interesting, we had a few thread discussing it before , I know.

"I wanted to see if not using solid protein sources (chicken breast, beef, etc.) in the day to day diet was just as effective as having all protein come from protein drinks" Skip.

**broken link removed**

Great experiment. I am also of the belief that it doesn't matter how you get your protein in because you will look exactly the same at the end. Looking forward to seeing how it goes for you.

lol

Ross, why don't you provide some backing to these claims. Rather than just saying this or that, SHOW what you're trying to say. People might listen a little better.

I used to use whey for 2/3 meals a day and now use it strictly post-workout (even then I sometimes replace with egg whites).

I personally feel better and feel like my results are better using whole food. I can see using it to add extra cals if you want to really up your protein but I really don't like it as a replacement for food unless in a pinch or REALLY lazy.

I'd rather blend up a carton of egg whites with either oats or peanut butter then use whey.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear