over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

SLEEP issues, please help

nziegs

Banned
My issue is I sleep too much, and I feel like shit in the mornings..The last few years I've had troubles getting to bed but its been at its worse the last 6 months after quitting a bar-job with messed up hours. I'm literally only awake for 11 hours out of the day

It's not that I can't fall asleep but I also can't wake up the next morning and end up over-sleeping (which I guess seems obvious, but its me sleeping for too long). I've been to my doctor a few different times and for the last 5 months I've been on ambien, which helps me fall asleep usually. I still have the issue of oversleeping. I literally sleep 12 or more hours a night (this would happen before even starting ambien)...if I have to wake up for class I feel like complete shit (even after a regular 8 hours of sleep), can't eat anything without getting nauseous, and usually go home to take a nap. After my last trip to the doctor we talked about it being a possible anxiety/depression issue and put me on paxil. Can't say I notice much of a difference, maybe a little less paranoid than usual, and my energy levels feel even lower. wish there was something I could do to fix this, as I think its a bigger issue than just "not being a morning-person."

-at one point i completely stopped caffeine now I usually have a cup of coffee in the morning

-thinking of upping humanofort from 200 to 300 mg a day

-maybe stopping carbs before bed

-considering peptides

Let me know if anyone can help out...I feel like im sleeping my life away :mad:

I'm 25, 220lbs, 12% body fat. Lift 3 times a week, and grapple 2-3 times a week. Not a lot of stress in my life, full time student (pretty easy classes) and I enjoy my job.

Last edited:
Ask your doctor for a sleep apnea test! most doctors dont think about it because they dont know all the facts. Most people think only overweight people can have it, but thats so far from the truth. And stop your meds also because if it is sleep apnea they can kill you! Im speaking from personal experience. there is a cure for it that requires a small machine that pushes air through your nose at night. And you know how drug companies hate cures. lol

Ask your doctor for a sleep apnea test! most doctors dont think about it because they dont know all the facts. Most people think only overweight people can have it, but thats so far from the truth. And stop your meds also because if it is sleep apnea they can kill you! Im speaking from personal experience. there is a cure for it that requires a small machine that pushes air through your nose at night. And you know how drug companies hate cures. lol

I agree ,my wife had two tests done and it has improved everybodys life!

When my sleep cycle gets fucked up, I take 2-6mg of melatonin 30-45 minutes before I'd like to fall asleep. I wake up feeling 10x better and am usually awake before the alarm. I only have to do this once of twice a month so I don't know if it'll help with your problem but it could be a start.

im actually going through the same problem and im also 25. i have a sleep test this week i will let you know how it goes.. :yeahthat:

T-3 stopped my narcolepsy in its tracks. Seriously, I could literally sleep 15 hours out of a 24hr period most of the time. I liked it, but it was sort of taking a toll on my productivity. I was this way for years. T-3 has me on a more normal schedule. BTW prior to T-3, my bloodwork was normal. Who knows? 50mcgs ed.

I dont know about you, but it was tough wearing that headgear. luckily i could use the nose pillows instead of the full face mask but it took about a good month to get used to it. but now i wont go to sleep without it on. What a huge difference it has made! Did you have to demand a sleep test or did your doctors reccomend it? i had to basically diagnose myself? turned out my enlarged tonsils, tongue, and deviated septum were the cause because i was no where close to being overweight.

I agree ,my wife had two tests done and it has improved everybodys life!

I dont know about you, but it was tough wearing that headgear. luckily i could use the nose pillows instead of the full face mask but it took about a good month to get used to it. but now i wont go to sleep without it on. What a huge difference it has made! Did you have to demand a sleep test or did your doctors reccomend it? i had to basically diagnose myself? turned out my enlarged tonsils, tongue, and deviated septum were the cause because i was no where close to being overweight.

did your insurance cover the mask and the nose pillows? can u purchase them on amazon etc?? thanks!

yeah, humangrade, keep me updated bro...

I think im going see if I can get a sleep test done soon. I appreciate the advice from everyone... I never thought about sleep apnea just because I thought you had to be a bigger guy to get it...I do know I snore at night though.

If I can just figure out a way to get 7 hours of quality sleep rather than 10 hours and still be tired I'll be all set :D

yeah, humangrade, keep me updated bro...

I think im going see if I can get a sleep test done soon. I appreciate the advice from everyone... I never thought about sleep apnea just because I thought you had to be a bigger guy to get it...I do know I snore at night though.

If I can just figure out a way to get 7 hours of quality sleep rather than 10 hours and still be tired I'll be all set :D

i snored even when i was 18 and 150 pounds. im now 6 foot 220 14% BF at age 25 and i still snore and my wife said she hears me gasp for air at night sometimes.. i know i am tired all the time and i feel like i can never sleep enough.. lately i cant fall asleep until 4-5 am and im up by like 10 am and i feel like i didnt sleep at all.. its really effecting my life/job.

did you have any virus lately?
what you describe can be CFS.

insurance should cover most of it depending how good it is. check with them right away. but if you have sleep apnea you need that cpap machine. otherwise it will eventually kill you

did your insurance cover the mask and the nose pillows? can u purchase them on amazon etc?? thanks!

sounds just like my situation.... i had over 260 apneas in a 6 hour night in the sleep lab. i always took naps. when i was in school i slept in every single class. its serious, but you dont hear much about it because there is no drug to cure it. just a machine you wear at night. drug companies cant make money off it, thus the reason why doctors arent "up to date" on the issue.

i snored even when i was 18 and 150 pounds. im now 6 foot 220 14% BF at age 25 and i still snore and my wife said she hears me gasp for air at night sometimes.. i know i am tired all the time and i feel like i can never sleep enough.. lately i cant fall asleep until 4-5 am and im up by like 10 am and i feel like i didnt sleep at all.. its really effecting my life/job.

in addition to the apnea tests...what kind of mattress are you on? I know I was in your same shoes..no matter how long I slept I still felt tired, no energy, and I could go back to bed, I'd fall asleep in the middle of the day at my desk for no reason..went to the doc and he gave me some adderall, not much change so next step I thought it was apnea, and was going to get tested but did some research and tried the mattress first..my matress was only 4 years old but the thing was worn out..pillowtop and you could only turn it two ways..ie couldn't flip it...I ended up going to the place I got it from and they warrantied it out and I got a new firm mattress....guy told me I didn't have any business w/ the soft mattress I had to begin with...the first night or two was rough but got used to it..now I sleep 6-8 hours a night and wake up feeling supercharged...you may try a different mattress and if you get one that's too hard you can always go with a 2 or 4 inch topper on it...fwiw!

in addition to the apnea tests...what kind of mattress are you on? I know I was in your same shoes..no matter how long I slept I still felt tired, no energy, and I could go back to bed, I'd fall asleep in the middle of the day at my desk for no reason..went to the doc and he gave me some adderall, not much change so next step I thought it was apnea, and was going to get tested but did some research and tried the mattress first..my matress was only 4 years old but the thing was worn out..pillowtop and you could only turn it two ways..ie couldn't flip it...I ended up going to the place I got it from and they warrantied it out and I got a new firm mattress....guy told me I didn't have any business w/ the soft mattress I had to begin with...the first night or two was rough but got used to it..now I sleep 6-8 hours a night and wake up feeling supercharged...you may try a different mattress and if you get one that's too hard you can always go with a 2 or 4 inch topper on it...fwiw!

i just bought a new bed 2 months ago. Posturpedic memory foam 12 inch queen size. i also bought a water pillow.. still not helping.. my sleep test is
April 17th @ 8:30PM :eek:

LOL, well I got off a little cheaper than you this time...keep us posted on the sleep study and what they find...I'd like to see where this ends up..

had 2 have 2 seperate sleep tests done and they came to the conclusion that i will be wearing the Nasal pillow Cpap machine everynight.. :rolleyes:

I'm a little confused

My issue is I sleep too much...

It's not that I can't fall asleep but I also can't wake up the next morning and end up over-sleeping

...the last 5 months I've been on ambien...

I literally sleep 12 or more hours a night (this would happen before even starting ambien)...

You say that your over sleeping and excessive tiredness started before you began ambien....So, with the above being said, why did you begin taking ambien? :confused:

-... I usually have a cup of coffee in the morning - Good!

-thinking of upping humanofort from 200 to 300 mg a day - talk to Emeric

-maybe stopping carbs before bed - Good idea...What type of carbs are you ingesting before bed?

-considering peptides - Get an appropriate blood panel first...Then talk to Phil and Emeric

Are you currently "enhanced"? If so, what/how much? This could have an effect.

Last edited:
Your lucky to find out at your age that you have it. Now you can really begin to LIVE LIFE!!! Also the nose pillows, although awkward at first, is so much more convienent and versatile than having to wear a mask that covers your mouth or face. It will actually keep your mouth closed when sleeping as opposed to opening when sleeping on your back. It took me probably at most 2months to be comfortable with the whole setup.
One piece of advice is to wrap the air hose that runs from the cpap up around something(i was lucky and had a headboard that was just the right height) and down to where it connects to your face mask. This will keep the hose from pulling if it falls to the side of the bed or soemthing, which can pull at your headunit and cause air to be blown into your face waking you up.
But just stick with it man..... i know it sucks at first, but eventually it becomes so routine as brushing your teeth and you will feel so much better!
Feel free to PM me if you have any question(anyone else also with questions to). Im very passionate about creating more awereness for this problem, and you will see why when you start feeling like your living!!

i just bought a new bed 2 months ago. Posturpedic memory foam 12 inch queen size. i also bought a water pillow.. still not helping.. my sleep test is
April 17th @ 8:30PM :eek:

Also try Magnesium supplement before bed.

Natural calm works well for most.

Ak

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear