over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Smokeless Tobacco

aphextwin

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Does anyone know if Nicotine effects cholesterol? I know smoking cigarette does, but is this the case with smokeless tobacco?

nicotine itself hasnt actually been shown to be related to cholestrol issues, alot of it is assumed or theorised and there hasnt been a direct correlation shown

alot of these studies just monitor smokers and non smokers and compare there cholestrol values overtime, although smokers have been shown to have higher levels of bad cholestrol, and lower levels of good cholestrol, we can assume that people who smoke are more likely to live unhealthy lifestyles and diets which are also contributing factors to cholestrol and heart disease

there isnt evidence that nicotene itself causes cholestrol problems, theres actually studies that show wen smokers quite smoking and switched to nicotene gum there cholestrol values improved and alot returned back to normal range

the main direct evidence shows that carbon monixide inhaled wen smoking is the biggest culprit of cholestrol and heart disease as it clogs arteries, and causes other health problems

overall it can be assumed that the nicotene itself in tobacco doesnt cause cholestrol problems, however that being said chewing tobacco is alot worse for your gums,teeth, mouth etc and has a much hgiher risk of gum disease, cancer and other assoiated problems with the mouth region

so to anser your question, it is very unlikly that chewing tobacco will effect your cholestrol values

Thanks for your reply. I actually tried searching this myself before posting but could not find any real evidence.

I don't smoke or use smokeless tobacco, but a friend of mine ask me this question, which I did not have an answer too.

I chewed Copenhagen for 26 years and recently quit. From my experience I believe it raises total cholesterol readings and lowers the good cholesterol. In addition I believe it raises blood pressure. Maybe its not the nicotene that creates the problem it could be all the other chemicals in the tobacco. I am healthier without it; I did not change a thing other than quit.

I chewed Copenhagen for 26 years and recently quit. From my experience I believe it raises total cholesterol readings and lowers the good cholesterol. In addition I believe it raises blood pressure. Maybe its not the nicotene that creates the problem it could be all the other chemicals in the tobacco. I am healthier without it; I did not change a thing other than quit.

Definetly caused my bp to go up.

That's because it restricts your blood vessels!

does raise BP
will not affect cholesterol short term but I have read that over the years will
raise cholesterol along with a lot of other bad issues

I just caught my 13 year old grandson with smokless tobacco in his back pocket. He said all his friends do it. I preached for 20 min. but he didn't hear a word. He thinks that I am just an old fart and his friends are a lot cooler. Now I am really on he shit list because I ratted him out to his dad
and he got grounded. I am just going to spend more time trying to talk
with him about health issues and try to get him to go to the gym with me.

does raise BP
will not affect cholesterol short term but I have read that over the years will
raise cholesterol along with a lot of other bad issues

I just caught my 13 year old grandson with smokless tobacco in his back pocket. He said all his friends do it. I preached for 20 min. but he didn't hear a word. He thinks that I am just an old fart and his friends are a lot cooler. Now I am really on he shit list because I ratted him out to his dad
and he got grounded. I am just going to spend more time trying to talk
with him about health issues and try to get him to go to the gym with me.

Show him pictures of people with their jaw removed because "their friends were cool". Show him evidenceof the negative effects. People are more apt to listen when a nasty visual is there as an aid! Kids don't want to hear the story, but they may listen to the pic (if that makes sense). Either way, just give him all the info he needs, he will do what he's going to anyway, but you can equip him with knowledge

richiec
Thanks, good advice. visual is stronger. will do that
Plug

Click with caution!!!!

**broken link removed**

I'm 2 weeks away from being chew-free for a year....

Anyway, anytime I had the urge for a dip I would look through the pics...It works!!

It amazes me how many ppl who go to the gym and want to live a "healthy" life style that smoke cigs or chew. Fucking retarded if you ask me, to each their own but why? Seems to be a bit counterproductive.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131