advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Some recent lifts, 720 Lb Squat & 425 x 3 bench press.

Not sure if you have said yet, but do you have a good trainer behind you or are you doing this on your own? I think having a good trainer will get you even more results if youre on your own now. The guy I knew was being trained by a guy named John Parillo. John was a genius when it came to training for strength. I used to lift with him and his workouts were the most grueling thing you could live through and I put on a tremendous amount of strength and never once got hurt.

NPCS Finest - I use the elitefts super heavy knee sleeves I think they're double thickness, almost as good as wraps but not quite. I personally think more people should use them especially if they're not competing in powerliting competitions. They're easy to put on, don't hurt and still give all the benefits of wearing wraps.

Thanks brother! I am going to give them a try since you think so highly of them ! Thanks brother, keep banging
:headbang:

rbigg - thanks

Maldorf - Right now I train myself. I've never really had problems finding new ways to get stronger. For the most part I'm on YouTube all the time watching what other people do from olympic lifters to strongman and just taking bits and pieces of what makes sense, constantly trying to find my weaknesses and and improve upon them. So some would say I don't have a coach I'd say I'm coached by every high level strength athlete out there.

NPCS - Check them out, I'm surprised more people don't just use sleeves. In one of my old gyms I remember there was this group of guys that all use to wrap and do sets of squats using max 315 lbs maybe and I would just think to myself why are they wasting all this time wrapping up and all this nonsense. To me wraps should only be used if you compete in a strength sport and your doing sets of 3 or less reps. Outside of that there's just alternatives that make much more sense.

Wanderer - I forgot to answer your question about competing in RPS. I did my first competition in RPS because it was close by. Then I thought the meet was ran very well and just stuck with them for the second meet. And now I figure I won nationals might as well go to their world champs. After this meet though I'll probably done competitig until the Raw Unity meet in February which should be very stacked.

rbigg - thanks

Maldorf - Right now I train myself. I've never really had problems finding new ways to get stronger. For the most part I'm on YouTube all the time watching what other people do from olympic lifters to strongman and just taking bits and pieces of what makes sense, constantly trying to find my weaknesses and and improve upon them. So some would say I don't have a coach I'd say I'm coached by every high level strength athlete out there.

Well you have done great so far. I do guarantee though that a guy like John Parillo can make your progress even better but maybe just go to that when you hit a plateau. Sometimes money is a factor I know, a lot of those trainers don't come cheap. The guy I knew that was trained by John got his done free because he was an employee of John's.

707 Lb Deadlift

Another recent PR heading into my powerlifting competition this weekend, I'm currently water loading, getting ready for weigh-ins.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyasaZvBH-U"]Kevin OAK 707 Lb Deadlift - YouTube[/ame]

You have some great strength there! Is your father really strong too, or does he not even lift? Curious about your parents.

Bigsparky- thanks, now if I can just do it in competition I'm in business.

Maldorf- My dad is Nigerian, born and raised there until he was 16 I believe. I have a pretty athletic family, my oldest brother was an all American triple jumper I was an all American sprinter. We both have pretty good verticals for our height at 5'9" he use to dunk with ease in high school. I dunked for the first time in 7th grade I was probably 5'9" at the time. We generally have explosive fast twitch muscle. Which is something I've actually been trying to exploit recently because I feel I've been doing too many static lifts, trying to implement more Olympic style lifting in my program.

Bigsparky- thanks, now if I can just do it in competition I'm in business.

Maldorf- My dad is Nigerian, born and raised there until he was 16 I believe. I have a pretty athletic family, my oldest brother was an all American triple jumper I was an all American sprinter. We both have pretty good verticals for our height at 5'9" he use to dunk with ease in high school. I dunked for the first time in 7th grade I was probably 5'9" at the time. We generally have explosive fast twitch muscle. Which is something I've actually been trying to exploit recently because I feel I've been doing too many static lifts, trying to implement more Olympic style lifting in my program.

You definitely have a ton of strength for your size, much higher than a lot of powerlifters. I once met a guy like you that only weighed about 180 lbs or so and was rather thin. The guy could bench 315 lbs for reps rather easy while I was struggling to get a rep or two and I was lean at about 230 lbs. Fast twitch muscle must be one of the factors.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131