advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

SOY MILK: Does it raise estrogen or not?!?!

Fast Dick

Registered
Let's put an end to this debate already. Soy milk...does it or does it not interfere with your hormones and if so is it something that someone on high doses of test should even be concerned about?

No but in a way yes.

Soy contains isoflavones.

These compounds are not estrogens and do not directly add to estrogen levels in the blood. They can, however, affect estrogen metabolism.

Isoflavones are sometimes called phytoestrogens, mainly because they produce weak estrogen-like activity in the body. Isoflavones bind to estrogen receptor proteins, which, in turn, interact with the genetic material in your cells. Therefore, isoflavones can mimic some of the biological activity of the natural estrogens.

There are two main types of estrogen receptor proteins, and isoflavones bind mainly to only one type. Consequently, the biological activity of isoflavones is not equivalent to estradiol, which binds to both types of receptor protein.

So no it doesnt increase your estrogen levels in a way, it mimics estrogen and will show increased estrogen levels if taking soy products. But this is only a small increase, but I guess any increase is negative in our minds.

No but in a way yes.

Soy contains isoflavones.

These compounds are not estrogens and do not directly add to estrogen levels in the blood. They can, however, affect estrogen metabolism.

Isoflavones are sometimes called phytoestrogens, mainly because they produce weak estrogen-like activity in the body. Isoflavones bind to estrogen receptor proteins, which, in turn, interact with the genetic material in your cells. Therefore, isoflavones can mimic some of the biological activity of the natural estrogens.

There are two main types of estrogen receptor proteins, and isoflavones bind mainly to only one type. Consequently, the biological activity of isoflavones is not equivalent to estradiol, which binds to both types of receptor protein.

So no it doesnt increase your estrogen levels in a way, it mimics estrogen and will show increased estrogen levels if taking soy products. But this is only a small increase, but I guess any increase is negative in our minds.

Agreed.

There are better alternatives out there that are more healthy than processed soya products.

I am on HRT 80mgs Test twice a week. Currently running 300 eq a week too. I drink soy milk all the time and my estrogen is never higher than 40. I think it depends on the person much the way AAS usage varies from person to person. I believe your diet is more important than worrying about soy milk consumption. Just my 2 cents.

I am on HRT 80mgs Test twice a week. Currently running 300 eq a week too. I drink soy milk all the time and my estrogen is never higher than 40. I think it depends on the person much the way AAS usage varies from person to person. I believe your diet is more important than worrying about soy milk consumption. Just my 2 cents.

Soya wont increase estrogen levels, phytoestrogens done work like that.

I'd rather consume something thats doesn't behave like estrogen.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws