over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Steroids and Christianity?

charliel

Registered
I thought this would be a good topic to discuss. I am currently a AAS user and I used to be a christian. Lately I have been feeling the call of God on my life and have been leaning towards going back to church again. My issue is I wouldn't want to feel like a hypocrite since I not not plan on stopping my AAS use. I have committed myself the past few years to a lifestyle"meaning bodybuilding" I am not willing to give up. Would I be a fake christian? I mean there is nothing in the bible directed towards AAS. If used properly it will not damage my body " the holy temple". If theres any christians on this forum please feel free to share your thoughts especially if you are a AAS user.

Bro remember GOD AS WE KNOW HIM. I am a christian too. I go to church. But i dont not feel at all like a hypocrite walking to get my communion with my pecs held high :cool:

I am not a christian, but we have the same principal in islam. You do not own your body, god does. so you should not do anything to harm it. but does that mean if anyone ate a big mac or crossed the speed limit while driving they are considered a hypocrite and should not be part of that religion? What about those people drinking regular cokes and eating ice cream?

I've thought a lot about that in my own life.

Now I would never use anything illegal or wouldn't encourage others to do so.....;) However....I have this friend who has accepted Jesus Christ as his personal savior and believes that Christ's shed blood on the cross has washed his sins away. Trust me, my "friend" needed a savior and still is an evil bastard to this day. God must be extremely patient with my hard headed friend. If I was God I would have stomped this guy down years ago.

Anyway- My friend thinks that as long as he is NOT damaging the temple [ the body] that God gave him he's okay spiritually. Let's be honest...people do more damage with food than they ever do with an extra cc of testosterone each week, right? My friend does his cardio, stretches, eats green vegetables and fruit, consumes clean protein sources, drinks a gallon of water per day, takes his herbal/vitamins/etc. and gets bloodwork done to make sure he's not fooling himself. My friend feels he does a LOT more than most "religious" people to maintain his health, so he's not too concerned if someone wants to get their panties in a bunch regarding the issue.

I totally understand that some might disagree with my super intelligent friend and that's okay with me. He can be a dickhead some times. ;)

Good luck on building your relationship with God again. Then get after those big pecs or whatever! lol. :)

Now I would never use anything illegal or wouldn't encourage others to do so.....;) However....I have this friend who has accepted Jesus Christ as his personal savior and believes that Christ's shed blood on the cross has washed his sins away. Trust me, my "friend" needed a savior and still is an evil bastard to this day. God must be extremely patient with my hard headed friend. If I was God I would have stomped this guy down years ago.

Anyway- My friend thinks that as long as he is NOT damaging the temple [ the body] that God gave him he's okay spiritually. Let's be honest...people do more damage with food than they ever do with an extra cc of testosterone each week, right? My friend does his cardio, stretches, eats green vegetables and fruit, consumes clean protein sources, drinks a gallon of water per day, takes his herbal/vitamins/etc. and gets bloodwork done to make sure he's not fooling himself. My friend feels he does a LOT more than most "religious" people to maintain his health, so he's not too concerned if someone wants to get their panties in a bunch regarding the issue.

I totally understand that some might disagree with my super intelligent friend and that's okay with me. He can be a dickhead some times. ;)

Good luck on building your relationship with God again. Then get after those big pecs or whatever! lol. :)
Good answer! When a 'good' Christian confronts you, ask if he would knowingly eat anything that would raise his cholesterol?

All or nothing

you can't have it both ways. if you choose christianity then aas use is vanity and that's a sin....period.

Yep and if you comb your hair, that's vanity as well.

you can't have it both ways. if you choose christianity then aas use is vanity and that's a sin....period.

Because hey, it's because you want to look good. lol.

Don't shave or trim your beard because after all it's wrong to want to appear clean and neat. Vanity.

Don't iron your shirts if you are a Christian, because if you want to look nice...that's vanity as well.

Don't wash your car. Again, that's vain.

I totally disagree with you, Tom. I do respect your opinion though. :)

I am a born again christian and have been for many years. I am on trt and have not ordered anything illegal since giving my life to christ. It's a tough subject because the poster above me makes a good point. Vanity is a sin. But you can say that about creatine, going tanning, all other "legal" supplements.

Let me ask you this, there are some "legal" pro-steriods which im sure we are all aware of. Like m-drol, h-drol. So is it bad if i use those? I mean they are legal, but deep down its just like taking some dbol....

The point is, Being on trt, my dr is VERY lenient on my doseages and i get all my gear legal.

Basically, if you find yourself, having to lie to your wife, break the law by ordering drugs from overseas, then i think you need to check your priorities. But also remember, Us as christians live by God's law, not the law of this world. But if it feels wrong and it is taking away from your relationship with God then there is a problem. IMO, whether a supplement is legal,illegal an AAS or a protein supplement does not matter, all that matters is your ability to get closer and closer to Jesus Christ.

The problem is, is that most BBERS who use AAS start to treat their AAS like a GOD. one of the most basic commandments is "you shall have no other God's before me". God wants his people on fire for him, not just luke warm. You are either with him or you are not, you can't have it both ways. I just think its very hard for bodybuilders to begin with, AAS included or not, to focus on things other than themselves.

In my own personal case, do i feel "guilty", by blasting my trt test @ 600 mgs for a couple weeks, instead of my scripted 200mgs? No i do not. Would i feel guilty lying to my wife, ordering deca/dbol/eq behind her back and shooting when she's not around??? YES. I don't think AAS is any different than any other supplement. It depends on what kind of impact we allow it to take in our lives. The fact is, it's illegal in this county to posses it without a prescription. The question i always ask myself is, If my pastor was here with me right now, would i be doing this? If the answer is NO, then clearly there is a problem. Or you can ask yourself, IF Jesus were to come back to rapture us right now, what would he think of me doing, what i am doing?

just my .2cc's

Well, i really don't have thoughts on the subject either way, but i will tell you I competed with a catholic priest last year and he won the novice overall... biggest guy at the show, obviously he didn't have a problem with it.

I thought this would be a good topic to discuss. I am currently a AAS user and I used to be a christian. Lately I have been feeling the call of God on my life and have been leaning towards going back to church again. My issue is I wouldn't want to feel like a hypocrite since I not not plan on stopping my AAS use. I have committed myself the past few years to a lifestyle"meaning bodybuilding" I am not willing to give up. Would I be a fake christian? I mean there is nothing in the bible directed towards AAS. If used properly it will not damage my body " the holy temple". If theres any christians on this forum please feel free to share your thoughts especially if you are a AAS user.

Its how you act AFTER TAKING the aas that makes the difference. :)

A FEW WORDS

THIS IS A VERY, VERY PERSONAL DECISION. "YOUR" PERSONAL RELIGION DICTATES THAT ANSWER, NOT ANOTHER'S. THAT BEING SAID, WHEN I LIVED IN ARIZONA I TRAINED A PRIEST. THIS GUY WAS ON ANYTHING HE COULD GET HIS HANDS ON.....GH, TEST, DECA, EQ........ANYTHING.

I agree, Phil.

THIS IS A VERY, VERY PERSONAL DECISION. "YOUR" PERSONAL RELIGION DICTATES THAT ANSWER, NOT ANOTHER'S.

If YOU are a different person...and worse because you are big and strong...then you've got a decision to make. If you are hurting yourself as in liver, heart, etc more than you would be through exercise alone...then you've got a decision to make. Hell, some people would believe that a Christian couldn't strive to become the best artist, grow the prettiest roses, buy nice clothing, build the nicest house, write the best poetry or strive to be anything great because it might be vain! Everything in life is vanity. We just have to check our motivations and reign in our behavior if it gets out of line. I totally appreciate female beauty, but it stops quickly if I perceive that her intentions and behavior are reprehensible.

Not everyone one is destroyed by success or attractive things. It depends on the person and how YOU choose to let those things affect YOUR life. One cannot answer this question for another in my opinion.

I totally agree with JT...

It is the motivating factor behind you that is important. Im a christian. Am I perfect heck no. I do my best. Yes, vanity is always an issue. However keeping some self worth is also a firm belief. You, have to "love thy self". Pray about it and the lord will show you what he wants you to do. Man JT I think we are a lot alike. Heck I even build my own firearms hehehe...I just dont hunt anymore as Ive grown fond of animals. :)

True story. When I'm loading up my syringes an angel will pop up on my right shoulder and tell me "no, no, dont do it!! You can do anything with hard work, you dont need those stinking steroids!! Do it for Jesus" and then right when I'm about to throw it in the trash a devil pops up on my left shoulder and says "Come on now, you know you want all the pussy and this is the only way!! Think about how good that pussy is going to feel and how much those women will appreciate your big massive body. So why dont you do them a favor and inject this oil, it would be the right thing to do. No, not just 1cc, load it to 3cc's, show em all what a beefcake you really are. After all, it is pussy right?

Well, what a controversal subject! Bieng a christan doesn't mean you still do not sin, it just means your forgiven for those sins There is alot of things hat the goverment does that goes against christianity, EX: legalized gay marriage, teaching evolution, corporate corruption and so on and so. AAS is a personal thing, or you taking for vanity or taking for health benifits. Yes Tom, there is health benefits for some of us older guys. I could care less about being bigger and badder than anyone out there. What I do care about is being healthy and feeling good enough about myself to work hard for my family. So, I guess you have to ask yourself what your motives are. Of course, I could be like the average guy that is going on 50, that drinks, smokes, has a beer belly and that is very unhealthy. Oh, I forgot alot of them don't make it. Just my .02.

Well, great minds-

It is the motivating factor behind you that is important. Im a christian. Am I perfect heck no. I do my best. Yes, vanity is always an issue. However keeping some self worth is also a firm belief. You, have to "love thy self". Pray about it and the lord will show you what he wants you to do. Man JT I think we are a lot alike. Heck I even build my own firearms hehehe...I just dont hunt anymore as Ive grown fond of animals. :)

Think alike! lol. You build your own? Post up some of those! I am so bored without my woman here. It's winter and during the school year I live in a barren, windy area. There is only so much cardio, lifting and house cleaning I can stand. If it wasn't for entertaining my dumb ass on this board I'd probably be out chasing women and or eating bags of chocolate chip cookies! I save the cookies for the weekend! lol. Most of the time!

So is lipstick, shaving and, in general, modifying your body in any way except keeping it clean. And then there is over-indulgence - a sin well covered in the new testament. You can't pick and choose. And if you're going to pick and choose, you have to put priority to the things Jesus actually talked about. Only after that can you extrapolate to what you think he might have said on something he didn't actually discuss if you want to get technical.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear