over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

STOPPING OBLIQUES FROM GROWING????

TooPowerful4u

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Alright i got a bunch of pix back from my show, and it seems whenever i crunch down on my abs, my obliques pop out like i got love handles! I took an honestly look at myself today and im gettin some muscular obliques. I do have wide shoulders, but i dont have a tiny waist. This could KILL my v-taper. I do a lot of deadlifts, bb rows,squats, and front squats decently heavy, and NEVER wear a weight belt. Is there any way i can keep my obliques from growing anymore, possibly the weight belt idea? I have a 34" waist offseason right now (32 stage) but i dont want it to get any bigger (possibly smaller if i get rid of the oblique size problem?)

Hey bro,

To be honest I think we would have to see pics. Sometimes I think your mind can play tricks on you. Meaning that because you see a SMALL difference, to you it could mean a BIG difference. But to us it may not be anything noticeable at all. Know what I am saying?

But I would, in the future definetly start utilizing my weight belt.

Peace,
VG

Im sure you could stop them from growing but from what I have experienced and genetics as well play a part. When you want to get bigger everything will grow or you wont be able to get bigger. One thing grows everything grows. Good luck. So you will probably have to choose size or shape. MM :st:r-wars

Vanilla-Gorilla said:
Hey bro,

To be honest I think we would have to see pics. Sometimes I think your mind can play tricks on you.

This is at a SHOW so i know it aint love handles. Its big obliques. You can CLEARLY see them popping out. It only happens when i crunch down hard, if i only crunch slightly you dont see it, but my abs wouldnt look as sharp.

Attachments

• Picture 053.jpg
    Picture 053.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 373
I would say genetics....

If you look way back to 80's at Troy Zucollotto he had the same problem. I dont think there is much you can do about this because it is in your genetics. Your just going to have to get bigger/freakier everywhere to draw attention away from them. I dont think it looks bad anyway as long as your lean/ripped for your competitions. It is probably more in your head than what it really is.

TP4U..THAT'S JUST ONE POSE, MAN.

THAT PIC YOU POSTED THE OTHER DAY WITH THE PHONE....WELL, YOUR WAIST LOOKED VERY GOOD IN THAT SHOT.

IF ALL YOUR OTHER POSES SHOW YOUR WAIST IN A POSITIVE LIGHT....I'D SAY THAT'S OKAY. I HAVE A HELL OF A TIME DOING THE SIDE TRICEPS ....TRYING TO GRAB THAT ARM I AM TRYING TO SHOW IS TOUGH AS HELL FOR ME AND MY CHEST FLATTENS OUT ALL WEIRD WHEN I DO IT. YOU'LL MESS AROUND WITH IT ENOUGH TILL YOU GET IT FIGURED OUT.

BO-TOX

Just kidding. I have read that vacuums can tighten them up. Not to offend you but in that pic, it looks like you're not as tight as you should or could be. Are you sure a little more time dieting wouldn't have melted a bit more off you? Could you have not lost all the fat or overcarbed or something? I have the same problem with my waist. I can't speak for you of course but its a tough shit deal for me. Calves and waist kill me.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws