over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Strength and muscle size

massnup

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
How can someone be stronger than a person that weighs 20 to 30 pounds of muscle more and not be just as big as that person? I've never been a strong person (in my book anyway) but I'm just as strong with good form as someone that out weighs me muscle wise and size wise so does that mean I need to get stronger to be just as big or whats the deal?

structure, joints, connective tissue, density, CNS plays a HUGE role in strength, lots of factors, glycogen stores, heritage(somoans are the strongest race) age.....sht man....just so many factors

structure, joints, connective tissue, density, CNS plays a HUGE role in strength, lots of factors, glycogen stores, heritage(somoans are the strongest race) age.....sht man....just so many factors

Strength is not the prob, muscle size being up to par with my strength vs others thats bigger than me with the same strength.

Strength is not the prob, muscle size being up to par with my strength vs others thats bigger than me with the same strength.

I don't really think comparing strength gains of yourself vs. others is a fair comparison. I know the gentics thing has been beat to death on this board, but some guys just gain size mowing the lawn....sad but true. Also, I remember reading a good thread a while ago discussing how one can get stronger but definatly doesnt mean they are putting on muscle..nutrition being a major factor.

well thats easy, fast twitch and slow twitch muscle fibers, as well as training methods there are training methods that are more focused for hypertrophy and there are training methods focused on strength.

well thats easy, fast twitch and slow twitch muscle fibers, as well as training methods there are training methods that are more focused for hypertrophy and there are training methods focused on strength.

I thought they went hand in hand?

The larger issue is cellular density, versus cellular volume.

Train for strength and power and you build cellular wall thickness and induce hyperplasia.

Train with volume and you will enlarge the cells.

The larger issue is cellular density, versus cellular volume.

Train for strength and power and you build cellular wall thickness and induce hyperplasia.

Train with volume and you will enlarge the cells.

so why not do both?

I am not doubting this but what kind of research has pointed you in this direction or is it just observation.

I am not doubting this but what kind of research has pointed you in this direction or is it just observation.

I've just heard it a few times. I have no data to prove this. I can't remember where I've heard it, but I've heard it several times over the years. Its my understanding that they are pre-disposed to strength as it's a very desirable trait in their culture and since they had been isolated on an island for years, breeding amongst themselves(small gene pool)....obviously the the strongest had the breeding rights.....they just became a strong race over generations of this. Doesn't mean most athletic, just strong.

How can someone be stronger than a person that weighs 20 to 30 pounds of muscle more and not be just as big as that person? I've never been a strong person (in my book anyway) but I'm just as strong with good form as someone that out weighs me muscle wise and size wise so does that mean I need to get stronger to be just as big or whats the deal?

Great question. Shelby and I have had a bit of a conversation about this recently, and he brought up a great point. Without all the details, it broke down to this. When you get on stage, your bench press won't matter, what will matter is that your shoulders and chest are full and look strong. If you're training for strongman or powerlifting that idea would be reversed...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws