over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Switching from Novorapid to Humalin R

A50#

Old School Moderator
Staff member
Registered
As the title says, I've ran out of Novorapid but I was able to get some Lilly Humulin R. The most significant change I can see is the timing of the two. I've been running 10iu Novorapid pre workout with some HGH with absolutely ZERO problems. I'm just wondering if I should start from scratch at around 2iu and build back up or if the change is going to be significant enough to need to do so. As u can probably read into my post I was always nervous trying insulin to begin with so I'm most likely just being overly cautious. Big shout out to Muay Thai for helping me get past my nerves with a simple yet effective program set up that's been flawless up until now. I'll probably go back to Novorapid when I can find it but it's going to have to be R for now.

I think the general idea is just to get the gh in you anytime. The slin should be timed around food.

If we're trying to be very optimal there is an argument to be made for timing the gh peak alongside the slin peak to ensure both maximally active at the same time see: (https://thinksteroids.com/articles/most-effective-growth-hormone-protocol-for-hypertrophy/).

But regardless of that, the chart below shows you the peak of humulin is right around the 3 to 4 hour mark. Compared to log which is more like an hour.
1706391850077.jpeg

That should help to inform you when to shoot the slin based on when you're going to eat.

IM Hum r will be closer in timing to novorapid subq

In my experience it does hit harder though. If you go the IM route I’d suggest cutting the insulin dose in half but keep your carbs the same just to see if you can work with how it feels.

As the title says, I've ran out of Novorapid but I was able to get some Lilly Humulin R. The most significant change I can see is the timing of the two. I've been running 10iu Novorapid pre workout with some HGH with absolutely ZERO problems. I'm just wondering if I should start from scratch at around 2iu and build back up or if the change is going to be significant enough to need to do so. As u can probably read into my post I was always nervous trying insulin to begin with so I'm most likely just being overly cautious. Big shout out to Muay Thai for helping me get past my nerves with a simple yet effective program set up that's been flawless up until now. I'll probably go back to Novorapid when I can find it but it's going to have to be R for now.
Humalin R can be great used pre workout. Especially when using injectable carnitine.

As @SouthernMuscle said you will ideally want to adjust the ratio. I personally do 2 units to 35g of Karbolyn for example when using it.

While not ideal, as you suggested I personally would go back to baseline at 2 units and work up from there as you never want to use more than needed IMO.

Can you dive in with more? Absolutely, just ensure it’s covered with carbs for intra and post. But to me it would be worth taking a week or two to start from a baseline of 2 units and adjust up from there. Much easier IMO than having a week of highs and lows with ruined workouts alongside carb intake fluctuations intra workout. Safest rule if you do push more would be to double your carbs as suggested above.

I don't know if your partial to Lilly but walmart has a generic R type insulin for $25 I think its called novalin R. Something to keep in mind for the future. If.that's not the name ill post it later as I am too lazy to walk downstairs to the.fridge at the moment.

I don't know if your partial to Lilly but walmart has a generic R type insulin for $25 I think its called novalin R. Something to keep in mind for the future. If.that's not the name ill post it later as I am too lazy to walk downstairs to the.fridge at the moment.
Correct Novolin R is “supposed” to be interchangeable with Humalin R. The brand name is the only claimed difference.

However, you’ll find some guys and diabetics who swear that only Humalin R works and has a slightly different impact and window than Novolin R.

This could be placebo for some, others claim it’s the quality (generic) difference, and for some true diabetics they really do respond differently.

For bodybuilding purposes I have personally not seen much difference between the two.

But for reference- my wife is a type 1 diabetic. She does not respond to Humalog, but does to Novolog. Fiasp- only briefly then stops responding. Both Humalin R and Novolin R don’t work for her and causes constant fluctuations upon taking either.

As well- she responds to Basaglar, but needs additional units of lantus if she had to use it now.

Every person responds differently, but in the case of bodybuilders most can and will do fine using Novolin R and Humalog. IMO once you get past that it’s “almost” like comparing Geno’s, Seros, and Meditropes- they will all work for most, but you get to decide which one works best for for you and how much you can afford and IMO “want” to pay.

whats up brother, I am on long acting slin now also. I like a few other guys do my gh in AM during fast/fasted cardio then later when i first eat will dose the slin, I started off with a 10iu mimic dose and did fine

the quick acting stuff is handy but this will keep you pumped all day + nutrient repartitioning! good luck

whats up brother, I am on long acting slin now also. I like a few other guys do my gh in AM during fast/fasted cardio then later when i first eat will dose the slin, I started off with a 10iu mimic dose and did fine

the quick acting stuff is handy but this will keep you pumped all day + nutrient repartitioning! good luck
I think you may be mixed up. Humulin r is not long acting.

In my experience it does hit harder though. If you go the IM route I’d suggest cutting the insulin dose in half but keep your carbs the same just to see if you can work with how it feels.

Just be careful bud IM insulin can be more variable day to day regarding pharmacokinetics due to blood flow, which muscle, body heat, amount given at once..

I don’t care if you die….i just don’t want you ruining a leg day.

This is my experience as well. I keep my R dose at 2iu(IM)
Even if I feel slightly hypo during fasted cardio, I know I'll be ok.
When I was using 5-10iu(IM), at random times I'd go hypo.. always proceeded by nausea. Once I felt the 'woosy' come on, I knew it was time to take in some carbs.
So to prevent that I keep the dose at 2iu

Just be careful bud IM insulin can be more variable day to day regarding pharmacokinetics due to blood flow, which muscle, body heat, amount given at once..

I don’t care if you die….i just don’t want you ruining a leg day.
Gee thanks. I was all set to take my first pin of insulin later but now i’m rethinking it

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear